Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/14/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually ride the same kind of bike, only a few years newer than that one, and I think it's sad to see some of you guys blaming the bike...but I'll let it go for now.  

BTW: 8-9 seconds to 100mph...try 4-5.  Mine's a 2000 model, and it'll do 0-60 in about 3 seconds, they are fast...but that's me getting sidetracked.  

Actually what I wanted to say is I'm sorry (to the poster) that you have to put up with these kinds of kids on the bikes.  That guy was stupid and Darwin should've taken him, but I guess he'll have another chance.

I see guys here (Jacksonville, FL) all the time, riding bikes with a helmet on the side on the bike and not on their head...  For the life of me, I can't understand why everyone is doing it, I guess the paint job on that side is more important than survival.  

Anyway, hope you don't have to deal with these types anymore (though you probably will), and try to remember we're not all the same.  

P.S. What a waste of a good bike...
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 2:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I stand corrected, I looked up the speeds and times and HOLY SHITOKIE!!  Man!!!  We got a kid, I think 17yrs of age that just got a b-day present the other day that left me shaking my head.   A brand new Suzuki Buse, white and silver in color.  I looked it up and found that it was the new limited model and for those of you like me, who are still learning about these things, this is one of the fastest bikes made!

This little bastard just got a 2 wheeled rocket that will run in excess of 180mph and get there real quick!!  Man what are these parents thinking, do they not know what they are doing to their children with these things?

SEE LINK:

www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSX1300RZK6/Default.aspx

Something I fail to see on the site, specs on the speed, horsepower and so on, is this an attempt to hide the fact it will launch faster and run faster than most $500,000 supercars?
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 2:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Poor mans race car.  They are fast.  I perfer 4 wheels though, at least with motors anyway.  I rode BMX for a few years...

It's amazing that kid lived.  What an idiot.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
so you had his tag number and still cased himi guess its  best to put people in danger over someone speeding when you got his tag and can just pick him up when he get home

So what would you want the Police to do if this idiot had creamed someone dear to you instead of hitting the truck? Nice to see policing is the same the World over, damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Yep.  we had to terminate a pursuit because the only violation we observed was high (criminal misdemeaner) speeding.  We can not chase for just traffic violations anymore.  Later learned the car was the getaway vehicle for a homicide suspect in a neighboring city.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

the citizens say police chases are too dangerous.  Until they have the opportunity to 'monday morning quarterback' us when we follow the policies they forced upon us and we let a real bad guy get away.  Not like the old days.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
he should never be able to drive again.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so you had his tag number and still cased himi guess its  best to put people in danger over someone speeding when you got his tag and can just pick him up when he get home

Guess the idea of 'it could be a stolen bike' hasn't been brought up yet.
Amazing he was at least semi-intelligent enough to wear a helmet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad he didn't do us a favor and kill himself there. Nice to be rid of another reckless disregard for human life ass hat on the road.he
A little reminder for all of those who feel they are knowledgeable enough to revise police procedures...Bundy and McVeigh were captured by regular cops doing traffic stops.  You never know exactly what crime you have until the suspect yields and the officer can perform a proper check of the suspect.  If anything, the insistence of the suspect to try and flee the police would tend to indicate an offense more serious than a simple traffic violation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yeah, until he runs over your kid in the street, or rolls his bike over and skids into your wife while shes checking the mail.  Then it'll be " Well why didn't they continue the chase?  These cops are so lazy, I can't believe he went to the kids house and waited for him".   WAAAH WAAAAH.   You can't have it both ways dude.  No body made that asswipe do anything, I'm glad he wrecked his little toy.  Maybe now he'll growup and realize you can't do whatever you want without people getting hurt.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I know this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for LEOs.  There are good reasons to pursue.  Although somewhat rare, there are cases of speeding sportsbikes killing or seriously injuring automobile passengers.  That is a fact, despite the sentiment shared among many sportsbikers, that they are only putting themselves at risk.  

However, I would caution LEOs to use judgement in deciding to pursue.  An untrained rider on a modern sportsbike is usually already in way over his head just driving around.  If chased, it's almost 100% certain to end badly.  Usually the rider gets killed, sometimes innocent people get killed, sometimes the LEO gets killed pushing his car trying to keep up.  

I look at it like this, if a kid is riding fast, he is posing 400 pounds of bike plus ~ 200 pounds of rider danger to society.  If he's being chased, he's going to ride even faster, and you're throwing a 3000 pound police car driving fast into the equation.  

When you can guys, get the tag and/or use the radio before pursuit.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I assume you went and got him or filed a warrant on him
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually, I wrote him a hand full of tickets the day of the incident and sent them with his father, who had stopped by to pick up the kids property.  I probably would have written him a few more or at least more serious citations, if I would have known he was not seriously injured.  Everyone at the crash scene and our local hospital was under the impression that the kid wasn't going to make it.....I just wrote the citations necessary to C.Y.A.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad he didn't do us a favor and kill himself there. Nice to be rid of another reckless disregard for human life ass hat on the road.

unless its your son personally I dont see the reason to chase unless its a felony stop. Sometimes others get killed that had nothing to do with the chase. but thanks for sharing the details and photos, he lucky to be alive.

He could have commited a felony.  I guess we could just let him go so he could commit another.  Nah Im going to catch the sucker so he doesnt do it again.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you write the truck driver for failure to yield?
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Your one of those guys that think the cops should let someone go if they just don't want to stop?????????????????????????????????????

So what if this guy on the bike just killed someone and thought that the cop was turning on him for the murder (and not just for doing 15 over the limit).  by your way of thinking no criminals would ever be caught kuz they would just never stop when lit up.  Just keep going he wont chase us.  

Yeah, some of them just don't want a citation......But I have NEVER been in a pursuit just because the driver just did not want a citation.  

BTW....Thanks for your service LDAguy
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#16]
This thread reminds me of a pursuit that happened in a neighboring town.  The officer was a black guy and the only reason I mention it is he gets Ebonic when he is excited on the radio....... This guy is good as gold and cool as a fan though.

The radio traffic was just about like this on his part.... A lot left out though.

We goin south on main...  He doin bout 90..  Oh he slowin down gonna turn... Oh He still goin... We past Smith Ferry... We doing bout 90 again, Oh he slowin down, way down, he gonna be turning on Davis (loud noise) Ooops jus ran over the Mutha Fu**a at Davis Road start an Am Blance.

Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This thread reminds me of a pursuit that happened in a neighboring town.  The officer was a black guy and the only reason I mention it is he gets Ebonic when he is excited on the radio....... This guy is good as gold and cool as a fan though.

The radio traffic was just about like this on his part.... A lot left out though.

We goin south on main...  He doin bout 90..  Oh he slowin down gonna turn... Oh He still goin... We past Smith Ferry... We doing bout 90 again, Oh he slowin down, way down, he gonna be turning on Davis (loud noise) Ooops jus ran over the Mutha Fu**a at Davis Road start an Am Blance.

I'd love to hear that one. Got a tape?
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#19]
We had a flurry of these guys a while back,  I'm told that it's not as easy to get financing on the things now,  maybe that's why the grease spots have declined.  

I worked THREE fatality collisions in 4 months with the SAME witnesses. Idiots racing.  You'd think after the second these goggle-headed goofballs would get a clue.

One guy died when his engine came apart.  Pretty much dissassembled itself with 700 miles on the odometer.  Locked up his rear tire and then hello lightpole.  300 feet of skid marks, another 250 feet of pavement gouging.  

On the bright side, I get to visit with the large-breasted blonde from the Medical Examiner's office.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

At least it looks like he caught a nice wave. Wonder if he surfs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So who forced this dumb fuck kid to endanger everyone on a public road, Hold the idiot on the bike accountable for his actions, and get off the officers ass,  
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to hear that one. Got a tape?

+1  
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We had a flurry of these guys a while back,  I'm told that it's not as easy to get financing on the things now,  maybe that's why the grease spots have declined.  

I worked THREE fatality collisions in 4 months with the SAME witnesses. Idiots racing.  You'd think after the second these goggle-headed goofballs would get a clue.

One guy died when his engine came apart.  Pretty much dissassembled itself with 700 miles on the odometer.  Locked up his rear tire and then hello lightpole.  300 feet of skid marks, another 250 feet of pavement gouging.  

On the bright side, I get to visit with the large-breasted blonde from the Medical Examiner's office.  

Man John, I truly enjoy hearing your gory stories.  It's something about the way you tell them...
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Here is a prime example of what kind of idiot we are talking about..........

www.break.com/index/incredibly_fast_biker.html

Riding a wheelie at 212 km/h ( 130MPH !! ) on a crowded highway and weaving in & out of traffic at 299 km/h ( 185 MPH !! ), which seemed to be the point where the bike shut down, or I'm sure he would have gone faster.......

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Funniest thing I've read in a while!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#27]
God knows how many crotch rockets and rice burners I've seemed smeared on the highway and no suprise to me, the drivers are kids (17-20 Yo.) that let their little head do the thinking of their bigger head.

I guess he can consider himself lucky; if that door would've been made of sheet metal; the least he could've have was a broken neck and a permanent seat on a wheelchair.

I guess stupidity does hurt.

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Here in Nebraska if an officer is involved in a pursuit and the bad guy crashes...the city/county can be held liable for the damage, including damage/injury/dath of innocent bystanders. If the officer is found to have been reckless or if they violated policy...THEY can be held liable. ha
Our policy doesn't allow us to chase motorcycles unless it's a violent felony. Oh...AND "Operating a Motor Vehicle to Avoid Arrest" is a misdemeanor if they are being chased for a misdemeanor. It's only a felony if they are being chased for a felony.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Here in Nebraska if an officer is involved in a pursuit and the bad guy crashes...the city/county can be held liable for the damage, including damage/injury/dath of innocent bystanders. If the officer is found to have been reckless or if they violated policy...THEY can be held liable.

Omaha PD recently had a pursuit where the Officer broke it off but the bad guy kept going like he was still being chased and eventually crashed like a mile or two down the road. The court ruled that the city was still liable because the bad guy felt he was still being chased.

Our policy doesn't allow us to chase motorcycles unless it's a violent felony.

Oh...AND "Operating a Motor Vehicle to Avoid Arrest" is a misdemeanor if they are being chased for a misdemeanor. It's only a felony if they are being chased for a felony.

Might want familiarize your local legislators/judges/attorneys with Sacramento v. Lewis 523 US 833 (1998) which in which the Supreme Court justices specifically (and unanimously) state that the city, county, officer, etc. are NOT liable for such damages unless the officer's behavior is of such willful and wanton purpose to cause harm unrelated to the arrest that it fails the "shocks the conscience" test.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So, Mr. themathatter,  your just going to throw out this assinine statement and then not defend it? Classy............
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, Mr. themathatter,  your just going to throw out this assinine statement and then not defend it? Classy............

I missed his statement earlier. I'd refer mr. Madhatter to my previous post, and also suggest he look at which forum he's in before he decides to troll.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On the bright side, the hospital harvested his kidneys and heart.

That's what I like about you, man. You're a glass-is-half-full, silver lining kind of cat.

There's ALWAYS a bright side somewhere
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
Might want familiarize your local legislators/judges/attorneys with Sacramento v. Lewis 523 US 833 (1998) which in which the Supreme Court justices specifically (and unanimously) state that the city, county, officer, etc. are NOT liable for such damages unless the officer's behavior is of such willful and wanton purpose to cause harm unrelated to the arrest that it fails the "shocks the conscience" test.

I WILL do that....and I'll tuck it away just in case. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Unless the streets are completly empty I personally can not justify attempting to chase a crotch rocket at high speeds.  My impala cant keep up 1st of all and its way to dangerous.  If the bike takes off I attempt to keep up long enough to get a plate if i can.  If its hopeless then I shut down the lights and siren.  No point in chasing a vehicle that goes 130+.  My car maxes out at 115.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 1:37:09 AM EDT
[#36]
We had a nice one around here a while back on the interstate.  Boyfriend driving and chick riding on the back of the crotch rocket acting a fool to impress her friends in a car somewhere near them.  Chick came off the back of the bike and WHAM WHAM! She got hit by not one but two semis traveling behind them.  The downside to the story is that they couldn't get any organs off her because the biggest piece of her found was about 2lb.s of meat.  I spoke with a SD that was at the scene and said they never found the helmet either.  Probably wasn't wearing one.  Rumor had it that the guy popped a wheelie and she wasn't ready and lost her balance.

Just a side note:
There is a trooper here with a charger (yes it's got a Hemi)that caught up to a guy on a bike that was tying to outrun him.  Supposedly he pulled up beside him and waved him over.  Once stopped the kid was glad to get the ticket for a look at a car that could catch his bike.  I don't know, it's just heresay, but I have seen the car in question and it's pretty badass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#37]
funny as hell
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Those are some good pictures LDAguy, amazing that the kid did not break his neck.
I have to admit that I have never seen someone launch into a truck like that.
I did see a guy hit a city bus broadside at 100+ on a bike (he was not being chased) he was DRT and put a hell of a dent in the bus.
I was watching for DWI's on the interstate 0230 Christmas day and got a bike at 130 on radar.
Didn't even bother. He was a dim red light in the distance before I could have even put the car in gear.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Here is a prime example of what kind of idiot we are talking about..........

www.break.com/index/incredibly_fast_biker.html

Riding a wheelie at 212 km/h ( 130MPH !! ) on a crowded highway and weaving in & out of traffic at 299 km/h ( 185 MPH !! ), which seemed to be the point where the bike shut down, or I'm sure he would have gone faster.......

That guy in the video was haulin butt on the shoulder. I always thought that driving on the shoulder was a sure way to pick up debris and catch a flat tire. Im surprised that he didnt wipe out right there.

Also, regardless of how small and light a bike is, wouldnt getting T-boned in the drivers side door by ANY bike going over 100 kill you.

Those things look like missles and im sure they could cause some deaths in side collisions.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#40]
My cousin who got me into bikes had an accident and also got me to sell mine, cuz I was following him down the same road.  We were both under 20 barely, but it was for him first how fast can you go, then how fast can you go from here to there, then how many tricks can you do, then how many tricks can you do while going this fast from here to the front of the SMACK truck.   I bought a boat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
About another 3/4 mile up the road, a small delivery truck was pulling out of a convience store to go the same direction on to the same street as our pursuit.  With the bike traveling that fast, the truck driver never saw the bike and pulled out right in front of him !!!!

I'm still curious.  Did you write the truck driver for failure to yield?  

I've got visions of this question coming up again in the civil arena.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
NPD233, I ran the court case that you suggested by our EVO Instructor. He said that he was aware of the case law but that it doesn't help us much. Since this is a US Supreme Court decision and states can inact more restrictive legislation. The Nebraska Supreme Court is MORE Restrictive and holds LEO's liable.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Everytime I see one of those GD crotch rockets fly by me on the highway weaving in and out of traffic, the devil in me hopes he either gets stopped or crashes.  Never happens.

glad to see sometimes it does.

Hey, I'm not wishing ill will on anyone.  But stupid is as stupid does.

Those F-ers are a menace.i am one of those gd crotch rocket riders.i am a f-er.yes,the 19 yr old acted poorly,but why do a few ruin it for all?thats like saying all firearm owners are irresponsible because dick chenney shot his buddy.c'mon play nice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:
so you had his tag number and still cased himhen

for the well being of society...plese dont reproduce
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
We had a nice one around here a while back on the interstate.  Boyfriend driving and chick riding on the back of the crotch rocket acting a fool to impress her friends in a car somewhere near them.  Chick came off the back of the bike and WHAM WHAM! She got hit by not one but two semis traveling behind them.  The downside to the story is that they couldn't get any organs off her because the biggest piece of her found was about 2lb.s of meat.  I spoke with a SD that was at the scene and said they never found the helmet either.  Probably wasn't wearing one.  Rumor had it that the guy popped a wheelie and she wasn't ready and lost her balance.

Just a side note:
There is a trooper here with a charger (yes it's got a Hemi)that caught up to a guy on a bike that was tying to outrun him.  Supposedly he pulled up beside him and waved him over.  Once stopped the kid was glad to get the ticket for a look at a car that could catch his bike.  I don't know, it's just heresay, but I have seen the car in question and it's pretty badass.

Your trooper story sounds like major BS, unless it was a 250 cc cruiser bike. I'm sorry, but short of an exotic supercar you're going to have a hard time catching a 600 cc sport bike.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
These idiots are crazy here in FL also, they run from us all the time.  Makes for great crashes though!

Quoted:
NPD233, I ran the court case that you suggested by our EVO Instructor. He said that he was aware of the case law but that it doesn't help us much. Since this is a US Supreme Court decision and states can inact more restrictive legislation. The Nebraska Supreme Court is MORE Restrictive and holds LEO's liable.

Im glad I dont work there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Biker Boyz and Torque movies.
I figure finance companies are also figuring out when they give a credit card to an 18 year old buying a bike with it the default rates are pretty high. The kids get credit cards to buy the bikes so they can avoid having to get full coverage insurance, which they cannot afford for obvious reasons.
I can't stand these asshats that give the rest of us a bad name, but on the other hand I do love the huge, cheap supply of parts from all of these bikes being totaled and parted out.
Running is stupid, just pull over and be polite, that will get you out of at least 30% of tickets, the rest, just show up for court. In the last 9 tickets I have had I have gone to court - 5 times the officer did not show, 1 I was found not guilty, and the other 3 I plead no contest, paid a reduced fine and got no points. Those 9 tickets are all way out in the country or in the mountains; I ride VERY conservatively in town.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Ive seen these pictures online before.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top