Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the Saudi justice system has its flaws, the rate of recidivism for those convicted of violent crime is pretty much 0%.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You all are fucked in the head.

Kill the mutherfucker in a more civilized way.

Was the crime he did 'civilized' ?  

I'm sorry my backward friend.... don't believe in the Constitution?

Would it be ok to use a nasty exectuion like this if due process is followed and it is DNA evidence that convicts the accused as opposed to torture???

Gee, I guess you missed the part about cruel and unusual punishment.

Try reading something for a change.

Cruel AND Unusual. It can still be either/or as long as it isn't both.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'll just say you're an idiot and leave it at that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well lets see here. Maybe some of us do not have $24 at the moment to spend. Secondly This crime happened in Saudi so OUR constitution holds no bearing on how he is put to death. My self I think that we are not hard enough on child molesters. So what if they wanna lop his head off and hang him from the rafters. So you may not agree with how they got the confession or how the court proceeding went they decided that he was going to die so.... They got it right... kill the child rapist and show him off for all to see. The next guy might think twice

The Constitution is not there for your convenience in matters which you simply support. It is not simply there for you to toss aside when your opinions change.

That would make you a LIBERAL.

Believe in it or don't, but if you toss it aside for your emotional crap, don't throw it up talking about your "gun rights".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well lets see here. Maybe some of us do not have $24 at the moment to spend. Secondly This crime happened in Saudi so OUR constitution holds no bearing on how he is put to death. My self I think that we are not hard enough on child molesters. So what if they wanna lop his head off and hang him from the rafters. So you may not agree with how they got the confession or how the court proceeding went they decided that he was going to die so.... They got it right... kill the child rapist and show him off for all to see. The next guy might think twice

The Constitution is not there for your convenience in matters which you simply support. It is not simply there for you to toss aside when your opinions change.

Believe in it or don't, but if you toss it aside for your emotional crap, don't throw it up talking about your "gun rights".

Like I said this has nothing to do with the USA. They are in a different country in a different part of the world. US CONSTITUTION HAS NO BEARING THERE. If this were to happen here Different story. SO.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Giant cuisanart?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad that the republijoke and demofok lawmakers cant do better.

Thanks for the input brand new poster. $24 too much for you?

First off Zeds, this post is WAY uncalled for.

Notched, don't listen to guys like this. I love to see people supporting this site, heck I've bought memberships for guys down on their luck in the recent past.

But don't buy a membership because some guy gives you crap for it. Support the site if you enjoy it, get something out of it, and maybe even add to it.

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
This is actually pre-Islamic tribal norms.   Would have happened here just about a hundred years ago.  This type of thing happened in the territories and as long as the punishment meet the crime then it was fine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, since he was SO civilized when he raped those children and left one to die in one of the harshest deserts on the planet.

I'm not allow to kill the guy. That would be illegal.

Abandon the US Constitution if you want, but don't try to use it to your own benefit afterward.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said this has nothing to do with the USA. They are in a different country in a different part of the world. US CONSTITUTION HAS NO BEARING THERE. If this were to happen here Different story. SO.....

Thats a great reason to abandon all you believe in!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad that the republijoke and demofok lawmakers cant do better.

Thanks for the input brand new poster. $24 too much for you?

First off Zeds, this post is WAY uncalled for.

Notched, don't listen to guys like this. I love to see people supporting this site, heck I've bought memberships for guys down on their luck in the recent past.

But don't buy a membership because some guy gives you crap for it. Support the site if you enjoy it, get something out of it, and maybe even add to it.

That is all.

OK, good point.

Though I thought my posts that preceded it explained it well enough.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Blind squirrel,ect,ect........
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, since he was SO civilized when he raped those children and left one to die in one of the harshest deserts on the planet.

Aboandon the US Constitution if you want, but don't try to use it to your own benefit afterward.

You are telling me that Because you are not allowed to kill the guy you are going to use our constitution to influence the way someone else deems it ok to kill this guy. If we started offing Punk ass kiddie rapists here.... Within the the regulations of our constitution would you have a problem with that? When that happens to a child the dirt bag is taking there life. You ever met anyone that has had someone do this to them when they are younger they are not right when they become an adult. so......
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Golf clap.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, Islam still gets it wrong (and so does the original poster).

Arfcom loves to go on and on (and on and on..)  talking about all of the hideous things that should be done to "child rapists", often forgetting that there is a fine line between a "child rapist" and an Arfcommer saying "I'd hit that".

A civilized society meets out punishment rationally upholding rule of law, not irrationally based on emotion. To illustrate another problem with this story- when exactly does said "child" stop becoming the victim in Islamic law, 9? When does this child become the criminal, being punished for "enticing" males into raping him/her by showing their ankle?

Islamic law is ridiculous, and I am glad Arfcom does not run our courts.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect example of how the intellectually defeated respond....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Dude, you've been going full retard throughout this entire thread with personal attacks and inane replies.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you just proved a point... when you know that your argument holds now water you try and plug the holes with name calling and excuses. I really like it when someone like you resorts to name calling to try and get their point across. Like I said IF it were it WRONG. SOMEWHERE ELSE LOP their had off and roll it down the street. One less dirtbag in the world
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One of the good things about their criminal justice system is that they have almost ZERO murders or rapes or kidnappings because of  swift painful public executions. Compared to our system(which only gives a damn about following a process and getting paid), theirs actually works to stop those crimes and puts enough fear into the public that they don't even consider those crimes.

Not only that, but getting your hand cut off just for stealing. I'm sure thieves give it a second though before they steal something.

But they also do beheadings or stoning to death for adultery, so they do take it a bit too far I think.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aboandon the US Constitution if you want, but don't try to use it to your own benefit afterward.

You are telling me that Because you are not allowed to kill the guy you are going to use our constitution to influence the way someone else deems it ok to kill this guy. If we started offing Punk ass kiddie rapists here.... Within the the regulations of our constitution would you have a problem with that? When that happens to a child the dirt bag is taking there life. You ever met anyone that has had someone do this to them when they are younger they are not right when they become an adult. so......

Who am I going to influence?

I am a US citizen of my own moral compass, and I have no bearing or influence on other cultures, nor will I allow their practice to change what I believe in.

If I personally would take action against an individual in such a manner, I would do so illegally with the full expectation of being prosecuted for such crimes with full expectations of the rights afforded to me by the US Constitution.....that would be if I was so emotionally compromised to do such an act.

In this case, I am not.

A lot of you say you would do such a thing, but you wouldn't in a case so far removed from your own interest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you've been going full retard throughout this entire thread with personal attacks and inane replies.  

I think you are too dense to comprehend my replies.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry, Islam still gets it wrong (and so does the original poster).

Arfcom loves to go on and on (and on and on..)  talking about all of the hideous things that should be done to "child rapists", often forgetting that there is a fine line between a "child rapist" and an Arfcommer saying "I'd hit that".

A civilized society meets out punishment rationally upholding rule of law, not irrationally based on emotion. To illustrate another problem with this story- when exactly does said "child" stop becoming the victim in Islamic law, 9? When does this child become the criminal, being punished for "enticing" males into raping him/her by showing their ankle?

Islamic law is ridiculous, and I am glad Arfcom does not run our courts.

Exactly, If you posted some of the stuff right here on arfcom in Riyadh, you would probably get something cut off at the least!

You know what, I think I will stick with the Constitution of the United States of America!  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the good things about their criminal justice system is that they have almost ZERO murders or rapes or kidnappings because of  swift painful public executions. Compared to our system(which only gives a damn about following a process and getting paid), theirs actually works to stop those crimes and puts enough fear into the public that they don't even consider those crimes.

Not only that, but getting your hand cut off just for steeling. I'm sure thieves give it a second though before they steel something.

But they also do beheadings or stonning to death for adultry, so they do take it a bit too far I think.

People who spell words wrong should have their typing fingers chopped off because they make people on their side of the argument look collectively unintelligent.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are drunk from a half gallon of full retard. Now you can insult me because i have not paid 24 dollars.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are drunk from a half gallon of full retard. Now you can insult me because i have not paid 24 dollars.

OK.

You are poor.

HA! I showed you!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only that, but getting your hand cut off just for steeling. I'm sure thieves give it a second though before they steel something.

But they also do beheadings or stonning to death for adultry, so they do take it a bit too far I think.

People who spell words wrong should have their typing fingers chopped off because they make people on their side of the argument look collectively unintelligent.

Did you not spell something wrong just half a page up? I am pretty sure you did because it was in one of my replies. With a red underline. SO......
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Just remember that "cruel and unusual" is subjective.
What is now considered cruel and unusual now may have been perfectly acceptable in the past.
99% of the problem with our justice system is that punishment almost never fits the crime. I can't even read about most sentencing without getting irate at the lenient sentences some of the people get in our country for absolutely the worst crimes in the world.
Make the punishment fit the crime. Child rapists are not recoverable, and should be disposed of rather than wasting resources keeping them locked up or being monitored outside of prison.
Our whole system of justice became FUBAR when it became about rehabilitation rather than punishment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you not spell something wrong just half a page up? I am pretty sure you did because it was in one of my replies. With a red underline. SO......

Not surprised that one went right over your head.

Maybe you didn't see the .

Lighten up Francis.

Hit the report button any time you want.
Its right down there........................................................................................
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What is now considered cruel and unusual now may have been perfectly acceptable in the past.
99% of the problem with our justice system is that punishment almost never fits the crime. I can't even read about most sentencing without getting irate at the lenient sentences some of the people get in our country for absolutely the worst crimes in the world.
Make the punishment fit the crime. Child rapists are not recoverable, and should be disposed of rather than wasting resources keeping them locked up or being monitored outside of prison.
Our whole system of justice became FUBAR when it became about rehabilitation rather than punishment.

This
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thats fine with me.

Flip a switch, drop the tablets, or push the plunger. Shit, I'm not opposed to the traditional firing squad.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giant cuisanart?

This

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Lighten up Francis.

Its right down there........................................................................................
[/quote]

No I did see that Now I am just arguing with you on principal. I do not like being called uneducated cause I know I spent enough money to get the education I have. In case you did not notice My name Is Damon not Francis. Says so right there to your left. See it?.........
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the 2nd amendment grant us the right to keep and bear arms or does it serve to protect our natural rights? Men born outside of the United States do not have the same natural rights?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Too Draconian... fuck those international rights groups.

When it comes to punishment for murder and rape it seems the Islamic countries do in fact get it right.
They give the victim, the victims family and society some form of justice.
Raping a few kids and even killing one.. hell they are only chopping his head off once, I would say he is lucky.
I praise the decision.

It sends a pretty clear message, DON'T RAPE AND MURDER!

Do not rape.  Do not steal.  Do not murder.  These are laws that all men of all faiths can abide.  But if you cross the line, into true evil one day you will look behind you and see we three.  And on that day you shall reap it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only that, but getting your hand cut off just for stealing. I'm sure thieves give it a second though before they steal something.

But they also do beheadings or stoning to death for adultery, so they do take it a bit too far I think.

Ha Ha I respelled my misspelled word.

I'm not saying it's wrong to cut the fuckers head off, I'm saying it's going a little far to stone someone to death for adultery. They can draw and quarter the mother fucker for all I care.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lighten up Francis.

No I did see that Now I am just arguing with you on principal. I do not like being called uneducated cause I know I spent enough money to get the education I have. In case you did not notice My name Is Damon not Francis. Says so right there to your left. See it?.........

Quoted for hilarity.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the 2nd amendment grant us the right to keep and bear arms or does it serve to protect our natural rights? Men born outside of the United States do not have the same natural rights?

Yes they do have the same Natural Rights. But our constitution pertains to here in the US. This post has nothing to do with here. If this crime pertained to the US then Our constitution would apply. But it did not happen here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha Ha I respelled my misspelled word.

I'm not saying it's wrong to cut the fuckers head off, I'm saying it's going a little far to stone someone to death for adultery. They can draw and quarter the mother fucker for all I care.

They can do with him whatever they want. I only agree with the end result. I do not advocate their methods.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would it be ok to use a nasty exectuion like this if due process is followed and it is DNA evidence that convicts the accused as opposed to torture???

open for interpretation as to whether or not the death penalty is cruel and unusual.

anyways, it's Islamic law in an Islamic country.

...furthermore, you're out of line with all the personal insults and overall punk behavior in the thread

try READING the COC
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

open for interpretation as to whether or not the death penalty is cruel and unusual.

anyways, it's Islamic law in an Islamic country.

...furthermore, you're out of line with all the personal insults and overall punk behavior in the thread

try READING the COC

Then report me.

Otherwise, maybe you should read what I actually posted. When did I disagree with the death penalty? Read my first post in this thread.

ETA: Punk behavior? Not my fault that people don't get what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just so everyone can see your first post here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People's responses in this thread make me wear this face:  

It's even worse that you think.

This summer I worked as an intern for a defense firm.
We had a murder trial and had to do voir dire questionnaires for the jury.

One question was something to the effect of:

"Do you think that in order to be found innocent the accused must testify at trial?"

154 questionnaires went out.
118 respondents answered "yes"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so everyone can see your first post here.

I stand by it.

People confuse the method with the result.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The only problem I have with the verdict is that they behead him first beford the crucifixtion.

This.

Also, bit of trivia: Slavery is officially forbidden in Saudi Arabia, but about as common as it would be if slavery weren't officially forbidden. Executioners are always slaves. There's a reason for this.

If a non-slave executed someone, the dead guy's family would declare revenge on the executioner and his family (even though the dead guy was an asshole who probably deserved it) and they'd go to war with each other like the Hatfields and McCoys, only with less cursing and more spray-and-pray.

But a slave in the Middle East is a non-entity. They don't count as a person, they don't belong to any family or clan (even though they're the property of one), so if a man is executed by a slave, it isn't worth getting revenge. And if someone does decide to get revenge, the only one taking the heat is the slave who beheaded the convicted guy, not the family/clan/government that owns the slave.

Fairly clever way of getting around the assholishness and constant warfare rampant in any country that is majority muslim. Of course, there's the whole slavery bullshit, but whatever.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do have the same Natural Rights. But our constitution pertains to here in the US. This post has nothing to do with here. If this crime pertained to the US then Our constitution would apply. But it did not happen here.

I dont believe Crucifixion is an acceptable method of execution.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd be okay with the gallows. Especially if it's the "kick the chair out from under them so they twitch as they slowly strangle" method of hanging instead of the "drop them so they snap their neck and die instantly" method.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

no i think tekka hit the nail on the head on this one
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont believe Crucifixion is an acceptable method of execution.

Some Christians don't even understand the full purpose of crucifixion.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

no i think tekka hit the nail on the head on this one

Good for you. Thats using someone else's noggin'!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top