Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Yep.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
of course. She is everything to me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Married 38 years.  My present to her for our anniversary was a new 16" AR15 carbine.

She likes my car.  She likes the dogs I pick out.  

We just don't get to spend enough time together these days.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
she was until she broke up with me, i'm 100% serious about that aswell, felt like we had known each other for years even though i've only known her for about a year now
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whole lotta damn missing pics in this thread, s'all I got to say.

... and... yup.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I learned a long time ago that I am my own best friend and the best sex I will ever have is with myself.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's interesting...
Why are you not still married then?  Don't mean to pry, but that seems very odd to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, my ex-husband is.  We're both happily remarried and he's as devoted to his spouse as I am to mine.  But if, God forbid, either of us needed help to get someone dead and buried, we'd turn to the other.

That's interesting...
Why are you not still married then?  Don't mean to pry, but that seems very odd to me.

There's an old saying: "All skill is in vain, if an angel decides to pee in the touch-hole of your musket."  Substitute "love" for "skill" and you pretty much have the big picture.  The details are a long story.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Only.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#11]
nope. she is a kardashian watching, gun hating sociopath. we do nothing together anymore other than occupy the same bed at the end of the night.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#12]
The simple answer would be yes but the word friend doesn't really seem to do what we have justice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's a hard dynamic to wrap my head around.  I can understand being friends with an ex and even being really good friends with an ex, but if you're not better friends with your husband than your ex, that doesn't seem healthy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, my ex-husband is.  We're both happily remarried and he's as devoted to his spouse as I am to mine.  But if, God forbid, either of us needed help to get someone dead and buried, we'd turn to the other.

That's a hard dynamic to wrap my head around.  I can understand being friends with an ex and even being really good friends with an ex, but if you're not better friends with your husband than your ex, that doesn't seem healthy.

I love my husband because he has a kind and gentle heart.  My ex-husband is my best friend because he doesn't.

ETA:  My husbands - past and present - have known each other for better than thirty years.  When they met, I was 21, my (now) husband was 15 and like a younger brother.  Now, my ex and I have been divorced for going on thirty years, he's more an older brother, and his wife is the sister I should have had instead of the piece of shit I got.  Everyone understands who's dick belongs where and my ex and his wife live on the west coast so it's not like he and I spend a lot of time hanging out together.  It may read as odd, but it seems perfectly natural when you're living it. <shrug>

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Not really but she NEVER lets us run out of toilet paper or beer so there's that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#17]
She was my friend first.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes.   And with a friend like this who needs enemies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
She was my friend first.

View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Absolutely. We love shopping together, even if it's for something one of us isn't interest in.  She'll go shoot with me even though I know she'd rather be doing something else.  I wish I could win the lottery so I could spend more time with her.  She's a great woman who I'm lucky to be with.
View Quote

Sounds like our marriage, she shoots or watches me shoot, I know she would rather do something else. That speaks volumes.

I am at the age that I left my 70+K a year gig, and looking for part-time work so she and I  can spend more time together, she is retired.

And yes, she is my best friend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep, he's my best friend. Couldn't ask for a better one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Yup
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#24]
She's about my only friend, so yeah.

Married for 30 years or so, and we basically both hate people, so....
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Much more than a friend. For over 31 years...Sigh...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#28]
No.  She leans left in politics and thinks the government should help people.  We are in our early forties and she must be experiencing changes because she is a super bitch at least half the time.  When she is normal, things are great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#29]
without doubt
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought she was.
View Quote

Late night antics ruin that?

Mine has known me since I was six, and surprisingly, still loves me.

It's surprising because I'm an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#32]
a best friend is one that would die for you and you for them, i only have one best friend

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No.  She leans left in politics and thinks the government should help people.  We are in our early forties and she must be experiencing changes because she is a super bitch at least half the time.  When she is normal, things are great.
View Quote

Get her to go see an endocrinologist.

My wife was experiencing the same thing, turns out that she was in the early stages of menopause and her hormone levels were spiking and plummeting.  Got some hormone replacement stuff, and back to normal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

she shoots or watches me shoot, I know she would rather do something else. That speaks volumes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely. We love shopping together, even if it's for something one of us isn't interest in.  She'll go shoot with me even though I know she'd rather be doing something else.  I wish I could win the lottery so I could spend more time with her.  She's a great woman who I'm lucky to be with.

she shoots or watches me shoot, I know she would rather do something else. That speaks volumes.

I've recently found one and its way too early to say all that, but I'm very happy and want more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes, of course.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I thought she was.
View Quote

Same here.
I think that was the biggest disappointment of all in my divorce.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I love my husband because he has a kind and gentle heart.  My ex-husband is my best friend because he doesn't.

ETA:  My husbands - past and present - have known each other for better than thirty years.  When they met, I was 21, my (now) husband was 15 and like a younger brother.  Now, my ex and I have been divorced for going on thirty years, he's more an older brother, and his wife is the sister I should have had instead of the piece of shit I got.  Everyone understands who's dick belongs where and my ex and his wife live on the west coast so it's not like he and I spend a lot of time hanging out together.  It may read as odd, but it seems perfectly natural when you're living it. <shrug>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's usually the other way around.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yep..  More and more as the years go by.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Seemingly a simple question?
View Quote

Simple answer - yes

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Not right now.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#49]
I wouldn't think it, because she doesn't wanna drink beer and shoot stuff kind of friend...

... But she is the only person I wanna hang out with all the time.  Some times I dread going out and having dinner with other friends.  Can we just have a night at home?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yes
View Quote

Truly, a man of few words.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top