Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen -60 for 10 days straight in western Montana.

The Bitterroot Valley is generally known as the 'banana belt' of Montana, but occasionally it gets fairly cold. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Wyoming has the worst.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally speaking, if the state is on the western side of the continental divide, the winters are better. N Idaho had golf courses open in Feb two years ago. This year more like April. 

I just drove back through MT and between Billings to the Idaho border, I've never seen such beauty. The snow covered ranges never stopped.
The prettiest places in the USA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Winters are rough in these parts.  Really rough.  People tend to underestimate the weather when choosing to move here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The beauty of nature over comes the cold and wind.

But they arn't places for pussies. If the injuns could do it then why cant you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Montana holds the record for the lowest winter temperature in the lower 48. I believe it was around -60 below. Does that make you warm and fuzzy.
View Quote
Rogers Pass -70
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rogers Pass -70
View Quote
Those are 'officially recorded' temps. I've seen it that cold, or damn close, in 'non-official' locations in MT. I've hayed beeves at -60 in Sula basin. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top