Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Get em neutered as soon as your vet says it's OK. Spraying cats are never fun.

One of my wifes cats was a neutered male, but it was done later in life and he sprayed. When still kept guns in a closet, he got locked in accidently and sprayed.
I now have a series of blue-less dots on one of my shotguns.

Great bluing remover...
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is *NO* such thing as an "outdoor cat"; pure and simple.  If it's a pet cat; it belongs INDOORS.  Roaming cats are something that NOTHING GOOD comes from.
Period.  Bring your pet inside and keep it there.  If you take it out...put it on a leash.   FFS, read the GF here...nothing but tragedy and bad shit for YOU and OTHERS and nothing good comes from letting your pets roam wild.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes some male cats will still pee on shit no its not that rare.

I know you miss your fuzzy little friend but try living without a cat for a while. Get the vacume out and vacume up every little crack and crevice move furniture etc see just how much fucking cat hair is in your home. Throw the fucking litterbox out and all the scratching posts and shit. Live like that for a while you might start to appreciate the lack of fuzz and the stench of piss and shit in your house.

X gdf had 3 cats in my house at one point the extra bedroom still smells like cat piss that is the biggest thng i was happy about when that bitch moved out and she was a real bitch and the cats were sweethearts but fuck those nasty things.

I don't do litter boxes now that my cats are grown and street savvy.  They only come in to cool off when I get home or it's freezing cold night and still no pissing or shitting.  Cats are very private if given a choice and mine would explode before going to the bathroom inside, litter box or not.

Mostly outdoor kitties are far more acceptable to me they are happier and the house stays cleaner.

There is *NO* such thing as an "outdoor cat"; pure and simple.  If it's a pet cat; it belongs INDOORS.  Roaming cats are something that NOTHING GOOD comes from.
Period.  Bring your pet inside and keep it there.  If you take it out...put it on a leash.   FFS, read the GF here...nothing but tragedy and bad shit for YOU and OTHERS and nothing good comes from letting your pets roam wild.

well it's fucking nasty to have them in your house. Hence I don't have one. We had cats in my highschool home in a semi rural environment and they were wuite happy and healthy. I don't want any either way but I suppose I might have one to patrol the barn if I had one
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I previously had 3 male (neutered) cats.  Loved them to death.  Unfortuantely they did not like our daughter after she was born (and started peeing on all her stuff) so they had to go.

And YES, there IS a reason to avoid male cats: their urethras are small and easily blocked, leading to a urinary blockage.  Then their bladders blow up and start backing up their their internal organs. Bad stuff happens at that point.  Happened to two of ours.    Read up on it so you know the signs and symptoms.

On the other hand I find they're less temperamental than female cats.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
These kittens were neutered at 2 mos old, vaccinated, wormed and tested for feline leukemia by the adoption center.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Cute critters.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Getting a bonded pair of litter mate kittens is the absolute BEST. They will keep each other entertained, and tired out from playing with each other, instead of getting into mischief on a full time basis.

Those are nice looking kittens. They will be beautiful cats.

I'm so sorry for what happened to your diabetic cat. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. Try not to beat yourself up over your very much 'human' error.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brought them home. Pics in OP.
View Quote

very cute, OP--good job
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations!  They look very tiger-like.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife and I previously had 3 male (neutered) cats.  Loved them to death.  Unfortuantely they did not like our daughter after she was born (and started peeing on all her stuff) so they had to go.

And YES, there IS a reason to avoid male cats: their urethras are small and easily blocked, leading to a urinary blockage.  Then their bladders blow up and start backing up their their internal organs. Bad stuff happens at that point.  Happened to two of ours.    Read up on it so you know the signs and symptoms.

On the other hand I find they're less temperamental than female cats.
View Quote

Urinary blockage is a very expensive problem. That said, we had a neutered male for 17 years, never any problems. Our two current males, however, both have had blockages. One worse than the other. We were aware of the warning signs and got the second one to the vet before it got too bad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are bee-yoo-tee-ful kittys!

I adopted a 9 month old neutered male, and I'm really having a hard time deciding whether to get him a buddy. He seems to be doing really well, but I wonder whether 8 hours alone every weekday is going to take its toll..

And AMEN on the 'don't beat yourself up' comments.  I lost my last cat 10 years ago because I didn't recognize a change in behavior caused by cancer.  I cost my little buddy a lot of pain, and to this day I feel sick about it. But he taught me a lesson with his pain, and I will never make that mistake again.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top