Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
At the private range I go to, I have had to listen to the "What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?" comments.

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there. Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference. They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc. OK, so the fuck what? If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool. STFU and carry on, dumbasses.

COC violation:

General Guidelines

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Err, I think he was calling the dumbfuck fudd at the range a dumbass, not the poster

That is exactly what I was doing.  

If I wanted to call someone an asshole in a thread, I'd have much more eloquent ways of doing it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
No.....and I would go even further to say I'd work to diminish all their rights, property, speech, religion.   Might as well simplify the world to make it safer for everyone.  

He apparently has never heard Reinhold Niemoiler's story.   If he has he cannot see the truth in it.  In that case, he's a hopeless idiot.   It actually happened and history repeats itself.

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

(Reinhold Niemoiler)

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nope.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope. Fuck the fudds. If we're going down, we might as well have company.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the Fudd community were actually instrumental in passing some form of AWB, then yes: I'd see to it that all Fudd firearms, such as their high-powered sniper rifles, are banned, as well.

Cutting off my nose? Sure..but I'm strangely comfortable with it.

I'm already in my early thrities, for Christ's sake. Let's get this party started.

I'm 22 and in the same boat as evil
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Using it as a response in an argument is perfectly okay. Actually doing it would be stupid.

Yes.  The idea is to get these tools to think, not to (collectively) cut off our nose to spite our face.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]
NOPE!! Your are not wrong.........I say it to relatives and some strangers all the time.

As soon as i hear somebody saying something like......."Well this model of gun or that model of gun or the other models of guns should be outlawed.."

My usual response is.....

"I believe freedom is freedom and any aspect of it should be able to be practiced  to the maximum extent possible as long as you are not doing something directly that affects everybody else around you or their freedom, so in honor of your being alright with limiting my freedom to pursue my hapiness with my type of firearm, i give my word, if my freedom becomes limited i will give maximum effort to limit your freedom to have your revolvers, hunting weapons etc. banned as expeditiously as possible. As there is no gray area in freedom, you either have the maximum amount possible or none at all!!"

I have rehearsed the above and used it on people numerous times, they usually get mad at being inferred to being a dumbass on the concept of freedom, or being a traitor to freedom and being called on it publically.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell the FUDDs that shotguns are on the evil list because, like machine guns, they put out more than one projectile per pull of the trigger.

OO buck shot is like a 9 round burst!

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
If you really want to make him squirm tell him not only will you support politicians banning his "scoped sniper rifle" but you will also support shutting down hunting land and lead ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#10]
when they took my neightbor, i did not stand up
when they took my barber, i did not say anything
when they took my AR, i said "better take his pistols, too"

is that how it goes?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Perfect response.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely thats how it goes, IT's ALL or NOTHING!! Screw this shit of taking it a little at a time because modern gunowners are so self centered they only care about their little niche. If they take my guns because of them, i will see to it all Firearms fredom goes away, why let them get together and and snicker that they still have their shooting recreation after at the least not doing anything to preserve anyone elses at most aiding and abbetting the freddom snatchers.

If my freedom dissappears because of their selfishness and self interest , then i guess on their behalf i will have to become selfish and self interested, i will not stand in my back yard and listen to them blast away up over the hill at the rifle range while knowing they are directly responsible for my ability to do the same went away because of their lack of interest in growing balls or outright politicking against me. They will pay the dear price too if i had to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]

No -  brilliant!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the private range I go to, I have had to listen to the "What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?" comments.

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there.  Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference.  They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc.  OK, so the fuck what?  If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool.  STFU and carry on, dumbasses.  

Should just respond to them by saying.. Yea no shit.. I guess you shouldnt fuck with me then.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there. Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference. They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc. OK, so the fuck what? If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool. STFU and carry on, dumbasses.

COC violation:

General Guidelines

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

I wish I was a Mod FAIL.

Don't get to see too many of them these days.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Your CoWorker is an idiot.... so, no, you're not being an asshole.  After all, that's how the bans in other parts of the world worked; first the "evil" rifles and hanguns, then the Fudd guns.  It's the old "give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile" deal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One of my coworkers is a big-bore handgun & skeet enthusiast, but has absolutely no interest in tactical firearms or C&R or imported guns.  Constantly chuckling about how black rifles and military calibers are sure to be banned under Obama he gets quite upset when my response is along the lines of: "I'd suggest you stick up for the entire shooting community and not just the parts you enjoy.  If they ban my black rifles, I'll make sure they ban your hand-cannons and street-sweepers.  I'll devote hours every day to helping the Brady Campaign write legislation to ban all of your toys and you know I wont ban just the cosmetic features."

Am I being an asshole?

Kharn

Yes. But something needs to be done about people like this. Even if you don't actually contact your reps about it, tell him you're taking signatures for a referendum to get "hand cannons" and shotguns larger than .410 banned.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
it sure would make obama happy to find out gun owners are fucking each other ...

ah, "Zombie gun owners."  You kill one, and he will consume the others...

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

COC violation:

General Guidelines

Err, I think he was calling the dumbfuck fudd at the range a dumbass, not the poster

That is exactly what I was doing.

If I wanted to call someone an asshole in a thread, I'd have much more eloquent ways of doing it.

OK. I say, "At the range, I have to listen to the Fudds."

You say, "No shit asshole!"

Now tell me what rule of grammatical usage points your insult at the person I was commenting on, and not at me?

Oh never mind.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top