BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No, it's not a racial slur.  White people can't be insulted.  They are not allowed to take offense to any names that some one may call them.

Pretty much true.  Only slurs from a perceived position of power and the ability to oppress can be taken seriously.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am deeply offended and I think you should be banned. Why don't you just come right and say all the other names for me that you are thinking you hatyeful person----ridgerunner,cracker,inbred hillbilly M--f--er,coal sack,razorback,trailer trash,georgia white,Misssissipi albino, Louisisan swamp wiggle, redneck,blue eyed devil, bright,MASTER,country,cowboy,-----why don't you just come out and say it?

You forgot honkey.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 'white' and I use it.

&&

IBTL

wganz

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The term "trash" in reference to impoverished whites was actually coined by whites in the Antebellum South.  The rich plantation owners looked down upon their unfortunate brethen and spoke disparingly of them as "poor trash."  Even the slaves picked up on their venacular and used the term freely (though not in their presence).  It's amazing that well over a century the phrase, though evolved, is still used.  But then again, so is the term "N*****" by many including our own Americans of African descent.

BTW, the term "turn-key" in reference to deputies or correctional officers goes back several centuries and was used during Revolutionary War times.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
white trash

n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person or poor white people.

Used as a disparaging term for a white person or white people perceived as being lazy and ignorant.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
More than a racial slur, it is taken as an economic or social class slur.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
It would take a hell of an upgrade to get me to the white trash level.  Oh, and some mysterious force is compelling me to say IBTL.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Heard this discussed a few times.  Some people take offense, some say it isn't any worse than hillbilly or redneck...

Another step in my quest for true politcal correctness

NorCal

Who cares GET OVER IT !!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am deeply offended and I think you should be banned. Why don't you just come right and say all the other names for me that you are thinking you hatyeful person----ridgerunner,cracker,inbred hillbilly M--f--er,coal sack,razorback,trailer trash,georgia white,Misssissipi albino, Louisisan swamp wiggle, redneck,blue eyed devil, bright,MASTER,country,cowboy,-----why don't you just come out and say it?

You forgot honkey.

And White wall  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Its the truth most of the time
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top