BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
No, being killed in a car accident is not the proper justice for coming to the country illegally.

I know that doesn't answer the question but it's really not a very good question.  I'm making an effor to avoid division of people and that's what the question will do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It is not an either or…

Of course the illegal aliens lives have equal value.

Still if they had not broken the law they would not be dead.

Both are true.

I don’t wish them dead… I do wish them at home, and no I don’t give a damn what their reasons are for breaking the law and coming here. Does it make me a bad person that I would like to see the law and borders of my country respected… I think not.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They broke the law coming here illegally. I don't feel bad for people committing a felony that die. How much you wanna bet me the car they were driving in was uninsured?

+1
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Its unfortunate, but I have little or no sympathy for them. They were here ILLEGALY. If they hadn't crossed the border they would not have been there, and there is one less anchor baby family for us to support via our taxes
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry, all human lives are of equal value.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Georgia:
  Button Gwinnett
  Lyman Hall
  George Walton

North Carolina:
  William Hooper
  Joseph Hewes
  John Penn

South Carolina:
  Edward Rutledge
  Thomas Heyward, Jr.
  Thomas Lynch, Jr.
  Arthur Middleton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock
Maryland:
Samuel Chase
William Paca
Thomas Stone
Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Virginia:
George Wythe
Richard Henry Lee
Thomas Jefferson
Benjamin Harrison
Thomas Nelson, Jr.
Francis Lightfoot Lee
Carter Braxton

Pennsylvania:
  Robert Morris
  Benjamin Rush
  Benjamin Franklin
  John Morton
  George Clymer
  James Smith
  George Taylor
  James Wilson
  George Ross

Delaware:
  Caesar Rodney
  George Read
  Thomas McKean

New York:
  William Floyd
  Philip Livingston
  Francis Lewis
  Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
  Richard Stockton
  John Witherspoon
  Francis Hopkinson
  John Hart
  Abraham Clark

New Hampshire:
  Josiah Bartlett
  William Whipple

Massachusetts:
  Samuel Adams
  John Adams
  Robert Treat Paine
  Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
  Stephen Hopkins
  William Ellery

Connecticut:
  Roger Sherman
  Samuel Huntington
  William Williams
  Oliver Wolcott

New Hampshire:
  Matthew Thornton

Sort of harkens back to the pre-Civil War days when a black vote was worth less than a white vote. I can't speak very well to the Christian values that this country prides itself on ... I just notice the lack of it's representation here. The Declaration doesn't say American men, white men, or land owners ... it says all men. Before you start deciding what public lives are worth more or less than each other make sure that you where that always ends.

Christians believe that there is no Liberty without Christ Jesus.....     As did most of those who signed the Declaration, above.

The FOUNDERS believed that MEN should fight for their own freedom, on their OWN land, which they did. Mexicans are coming to occupy, as an invasion. They are taking back territory, and voting. If they were carrying m-16's we'd be shooting them.....

When American Patriots were oppressed, they picked up the gun, and the pen.

Do you think Mexicans are good for us, if they won't fight for their own??  Answer; They ARE fighting for their own, and WE are the enemy!!!        

La Raza is at war, while our .gov keeps Americans ignorant. Welcome to "Globalization".... It ain't just about Americans dieing in foreign lands........

Under our Constitution, they are not "equal". They are not under the jurisdiction of the protections of the Constitution.

Of course, a "court" would disagree.........
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Do you think Mexicans are good for us, if they won't fight for their own??  Answer; They ARE fighting for their own, and WE are the enemy!!!        

I don't think that would sit well with the illegal immigrant famiiles that have lost their sons fighting in Iraq and Afganistan. Quite a few of them have died for this country.

BUT..................

I am very glad that this thread has stayed pretty much on topic, has not turned into a name calling thread and didn't get locked.

I posted this question last night before I went to bed (had a few drinks out at dinner last night as well) and could have posed it differently.

My opinion is that my city would be going crazy right now if that family that was taken out would have been White.

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Equal Value................In the eyes of whom?     I know this isn't the religion forum, but I believe that in the eyes of God the lives are of equal value.  If you are a Christian and believe otherwise, are you not a hypocrite?  

My answer:  Equal Value
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#10]
In general life is equal... with specific individuals, one can be worth more than another. Immigration status could be a small factor used in comparison I suppose...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
National origins have nothing to do with it.  

As an American I disagree.  The lives of my countrymen are worth more than the lives of those who are not my countrymen.

So a crack addict robbing your home for things to pawn is better than an illegal that has no criminal tendencies?  

The life of an American crack addicted burglar is worth very little.  But the lives of every citizen of every country other than the USA are worth even less. The worst American is better than the best cheese eating surender monkey.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the 14TH worst post ever.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#13]
In before the...

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that would sit well with the illegal immigrant famiiles that have lost their sons fighting in Iraq and Afganistan. Quite a few of them have died for this country.

BUT..................

I am very glad that this thread has stayed pretty much on topic, has not turned into a name calling thread and didn't get locked.

I posted this question last night before I went to bed (had a few drinks out at dinner last night as well) and could have posed it differently.

My opinion is that my city would be going crazy right now if that family that was taken out would have been White. thanks,
Ron

I can tell you that I would be outraged about it if they were supposed to be here, regardless of thier color. For me the Illegal part is my problem. They would still be breathing if they hadn't broken the law. Do you feel bad when a robber gets killed? a carjacker? a rapist?  If someone is killed while commiting a crime I will shed no tears.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#15]
   In strictly moral terms every innocent human life is the same. When they get around to assessing civil damages they will look at the earning potential of the victims to come up with the figure and then the act itself for punitive damages.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
this thread cannot end well.

plus uno.

uno mas

El plus-o one-o homebrays
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I would send all 10-20 million illegals back to Mexico to save one American life.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#18]
All men are created equal. Therefore having equal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Racism shows a lack of education, experience and maturity.

So to answer the question, no both lives are equal.

I don't believe that every person has the right to be in our country however, and we need to limit legal and illegal immigration to protect loyalty to the country and the constitution.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#19]
During WWII was a german unit as important as an American one?

Is a car load of Tangos as important as my neighbors or family?

Not all that much difference AFAIC.

I wish it had not happened but other than that, no great loss.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I would send all 10-20 million illegals back to Mexico to save one American life.

I would send all 10-20 million illegals back to Mexico just because I can't stand them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Would a bunch of Mexicans consider a carload of Americans that were killed while illegally in Mexico much of a loss?  All men may be created equal, but their actions from birth to death allow me to rank them based on worth.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What does 'worth' have to do with it? The illegals should not have been there.

Exactly,
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
As a fellow American it is very dissappointing to read some of these replies to this post.  I am very selective of whom I associate with and I clearly would question the age, upbringing and humanity of some of the members here. It's a shame in my point of view because I would like to think I could stand shoulder to shoulder with the average member here, however that would be a poor choice in reality.

I am a U.S. Navy recruiter, let me make it clear here that a major percentage of my enlistment goal is made with NON-U.S. CITIZENS.  Men and women who have decided to serve this country and pay the ultimate price for it if fate would have it.  As a matter of fact here is the oath that many MEXICAN (the common name for any hispanic person), AND ASIAN etc.. enlistee's swear to or affirm:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

furthermore the lives of my countrymen are indeed of higher value than those of foreign lands however to say death is of no matter when it comes to illegal migrants questions ones humanity IMHO
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
YES!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
i think that any law abiding citizen is much better than any law breaking citizen, immigrant or not
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry man a life is a life. If it is here illegally send it packing across the border enforce the laws to keep it there and get on with the next major bullshit problem with this country
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
As a fellow American it is very dissappointing to read some of these replies to this post.  I am very selective of whom I associate with and I clearly would question the age, upbringing and humanity of some of the members here. It's a shame in my point of view because I would like to think I could stand shoulder to shoulder with the average member here, however that would be a poor choice in reality.

I am a U.S. Navy recruiter, let me make it clear here that a major percentage of my enlistment goal is made with NON-U.S. CITIZENS.  Men and women who have decided to serve this country and pay the ultimate price for it if fate would have it.  As a matter of fact here is the oath that many MEXICAN (the common name for any hispanic person), AND ASIAN etc.. enlistee's swear to or affirm:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

furthermore the lives of my countrymen are indeed of higher value than those of foreign lands however to say death is of no matter when it comes to illegal migrants questions ones humanity IMHO

How nice, non-US citizens can enlist in the US military, and bear arms.
Just like Rome, eh??
Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel??
Sworn in any "Dubianians" lately???    
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#28]
The way the Federal DOT treats truck drivers in fatality accidents is thus:

If the driver should not have been at the place and time of the accident, HE is at fault.  Even if the driver of the car that hit him fell asleep behind the wheel before he crossed the median and hit the truck head on at a combined speed of 150 mph.

Should they have been here???

Who really cause the accident, and the resulting fatalities?

A life is a life is a life.  However, don't look for sympathy when you get busted with your hand in the cookie jar.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#29]
The Thread title should read, Illegal Alien, not Mexican.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

True, because as we all know <cough><cough>  Canadians and Mexicans are Americans as well...  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

Are you the least bit familiar with America history… It is NOTHING new for non-US citizens to enlist in the US military and bear arms
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thank you -- Sir
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

Are you the least bit familiar with America history… It is NOTHING new for non-US citizens to enlist in the US military and bear arms

Yeah but there is something wrong if that is becoming the majority and liberty86 is right on the fucking money.

I will add further, who gives a shit what a Navy Recruiter thinks about it. Stand next to him after this drivel? I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#34]
yes

Next question
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

Yeah but there is something wrong if that is becoming the majority and liberty86 is right on the fucking money.

Do you think that is the fault of the Mexicans?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The president is allowing free access to US for the illegals, I guess they are not a domestic enemy

the .gov will NOT close the border because they don't want to interfere with the DRUG TRADE

meth, marijuana, cocaine...........the war on drugs would seem to indicate cutting the supply off

MOST OF IT COMES ACROSS OUR SOUTHERN BORDER, WHO DO YOU THINK BUILT THE TUNNELS?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#37]

I will add further, who gives a shit what a Navy Recruiter thinks about it. Stand next to him after this drivel? I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

It's a good thing I learned basic fire fighting skills in bootcamp otherwise what would I do without you to piss on me in case of a fire.  Thank God for high asvab scores.

I think I'll excuse myself from this thread. I don't want to get any members panties all caught up in a twist and some poor 13 old kid or the neighborhood migrant worker gets beat up over internet debates.   I think I'll go watch a movie with a member of the opposite sex, preferably a hot looking southern california type...sounds much better than lurking here. Someone slap me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It's a good thing I learned basic fire fighting skills in bootcamp...

I picked up a load of shredded rubber from the port in Newport News just the other side of the fence from one of the Navy's fire fighting schools about 6 months ago.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the description in this thread the actions of the cop who was speeding should be investigated and dealt with appropriately. It sounds as if he was driving recklessly and was a danger to people. The fact that he killed illegals is irrelevent. He could just as easily killed a car load of citizens.

+1

I have NO love for illegals, but WTF was he doin' 119MPH  w/ no lights, siren on??
At the least neglegent homocide.

He could have killed "citizens" just as easily.  If those citizens were related to me ..well.....

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

No, but that doesn't mean I find it desirable in any way.

We should be discouraging, not encouraging them.

FWIW, it has long been my opinion that we should scale back the mil to a Navy and expeditionary force and rotate other males in nation defending military roles, with some periodic training.  Certainly, american males would be quite sufficient to provide border security. There are millions of vets in this country and other able bodied males.  They should be fed and trained, with their services being unpaid for the short duration of their rotations.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Is a Mexican life worth less than an American?

NO! I don't want them here illegaly. but I don't have anything against Mexican people. They are great
people for the most part. Very dedicated to God and family.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's a good thing I learned basic fire fighting skills in bootcamp otherwise what would I do without you to piss on me in case of a fire.  

Sounds like it was a good idea you paid attn.

Thank God for high asvab scores.

Don't remember my score but mine were high enough that the Colonel running the Recruit Center came down to talk to me about them after we were sworn in.
As a 17 year old HS grad I had a GCT of 148

I think I'll excuse myself from this thread. I don't want to get any members panties all caught up in a twist and some poor 13 old kid or the neighborhood migrant worker gets beat up over internet debates.   I think I'll go watch a movie with a member of the opposite sex, preferably a hot looking southern california type...sounds much better than lurking here.

I prefer southern brunettes and have a great one.

Someone slap me.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

FWIW, it has long been my opinion that we should scale back the mil to a Navy and expeditionary force and rotate other males in nation defending military roles, with some periodic training.  Certainly, american males would be quite sufficient to provide border security. There are millions of vets in this country and other able bodied males.  They should be fed and trained, with their services being unpaid for the short duration of their rotations.

I don't disagree with you on your military comment.

I don't find the huge amount of immigration appealing either. I am required to hire immigrants here on work visas every day. I think there are some huge problems in this country right now. I think the problems are within a large group our citizens, they are not the fault of the immigrants. I could write a book on this so I will only say that.

I have been to Mexico and many other latin countries, and I have know many Mexicans. I have had problems with some just like I have with every other race, but for the most part I find that a lot of them are hard working, honest, decent people who believe in freedom (Including the right to keep and bear arms) and admire the United States. I think anyone who is willing to fight and die for this country citizen or not is worthy of my respect.

I don't believe the Mexicans can just fight for what they want in thier country and win. If things were that simple we could just fight the socialist laws in this country and take back all our freedoms right now. It is just not that simple.

Peoples anger with Mexicans in this country concerns me personally. My wife is a legal immigrant from Venezuela. Because most people can't figure out where she is from she often gets lumped in with Mexicans. I have seen people treat her and my son no better than dirt and look at them with the look of death in thier eyes because they have some kind of problem with Mexicans. She worked very hard to get here, she believes in the constitution and she defends it and the country every day.

I will fight and die for this country and I know my son with do the same.

Company is here. I will check back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

shouldnt it be criminal instead of illigal alien? I mean how patriotic can you be saying that an Americans life is worth more than someone from another country?

I could understand if the "criminal" is a imminent or a potential threat that his life would be a lot less valuable than others.

But i certainly wouldnt want to hear anyone imply anything that sounded like some "superior race" crap. And that patriotism would be a valid excuse to ignore the deaths of other human beings.

and thats my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Depends on what the exchange rate currently is.....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#46]
don't put too much $#@1 into this.  Same @#@! goes over there when you are in mexico.  You are in hell when you got caught up with the mexican cops.    same both ways... so it's not about whose life is cheaper, it's just nobody like foreigners in any country.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

I don't disagree with you on your military comment.

I don't find the huge amount of immigration appealing either. I am required to hire immigrants here on work visas every day.

Required?
WTF is that all about?

I think there are some huge problems in this country right now. I think the problems are within a large group our citizens, they are not the fault of the immigrants. I could write a book on this so I will only say that.

Yes to the first for sure. Somewhat on the second. For the reasons I state below.

I have been to Mexico and many other latin countries, and I have know many Mexicans. I have had problems with some just like I have with every other race, but for the most part I find that a lot of them are hard working, honest, decent people who believe in freedom (Including the right to keep and bear arms) and admire the United States.

Many are more worthy perhaps to be citizens than the ones we already have but we have enough.  Enough already. Too much dead weight of all kinds and I want none of them.
Further they harm themsleves with all this La Raza crap and abuse of our system, not to mention their failure to assimilate. They hurt themselves and get no sympathy from me.

I think anyone who is willing to fight and die for this country citizen or not is worthy of my respect.

Plenty of people join the military with no expectation or intention of ever going in harm's way.
Besides, respecting someone does not automatically grant them access to my nation and all that it offers. If that were the case there would be 1 billion people here.

I don't believe the Mexicans can just fight for what they want in thier country and win. If things were that simple we could just fight the socialist laws in this country and take back all our freedoms right now. It is just not that simple.

So why would we want to add 30million foreinger with no intent to assimilate into our society. Only going to make it harder.
And they can take their country back. So can we.  Don't mistake a lack of balls for a lack of possibility.

Peoples anger with Mexicans in this country concerns me personally. My wife is a legal immigrant from Venezuela. Because most people can't figure out where she is from she often gets lumped in with Mexicans. I have seen people treat her and my son no better than dirt and look at them with the look of death in thier eyes because they have some kind of problem with Mexicans. She worked very hard to get here, she believes in the constitution and she defends it and the country every day.

And without the huge problem with illegals this would not likely happen near so much.
Besides, bud, americans are ruder than ever. They are rude to each other, I am treated like shit regularly when I go anywhere from the local garage to the local McDonalds. You may think race makes it something special but to me it is all the same.

I will fight and die for this country and I know my son with do the same.

Glad to hear it but I still don't want millions of illegals here.
The "do-gooders" who always do this sort of whit think they are doing some wonderful thing as they bring in one group after another and take them down to social services whether the rest of us want to be a part of it or not.  If you throw a party at your house and invite is it not rude for me to bring a busload of dirtbags along with me?

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Would you rather lose a nickel or a hundred dollar bill?

Stupid question.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

Hi doc
I see you still beat around the bush, and hide your deepest beliefs, and cower in the corner.......[grin]

I'm an old Airdale, and I would gladly piss on the snipe...........

How's life in the woods, my friend........ Seen the Great Manitou lately??
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Rome, eh??

Yes, because they will not fight to free their own country..........

Unless, of course, they believe that's what they're doing by coming here and occupying territory, and voting...

Taking back territory..........

you smell coffee yet?                                    
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top