Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell your friend to get a Mini 14...

ETA; page 2  !
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've probably shot a couple thousand rounds out of various rifles and I can honestly say I've never had any major issues out of em. I did have one mag that didn't want to feed right, but I think it was mostly mag. If it was quality brass, maybe it would have fed a little better but the mag was a cheap shitty mag so I don't really blame the ammo too much.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA midlength 1/7 Freedom upper, melonite.  PSA full auto bolt carrier group.  Fired three mags of brass, no problem.  Put in my first magazine of Wolf, and I barely got a handful of rounds through before I was done for the day.  No rod to hammer it out.

No laquer on that Wolf either.  SEVERELY dissapoint

When I got home I took a drill and some polishing compound to the chamber.  Did another frog lube treatment.  Still haven't been out with it to test it out again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I will say this: I've had some bad experiences with Wolf, and not just in ARs and such--dirty and underpowered.  I refuse to shoot it or Tula in anything I own.  I do run steel cased in my commie guns, which were designed for it, but not those brands.  I've had good luck with Barnaul and Golden Tiger, which is great ammo IMO.  I've never shot GT in .223/5.56, I'd like to get my hands on some.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump, one last call on a Friday night.  Any recommendations or warnings?

Anyone have experience with the Ruger SR556 DI?  Do they like steel cased?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#7]
24" match upper-won't shoot (believe system runs too much gas, not verified).  20" Colt, runs fine.  16" M4gery, runs fine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd polish the chamber because steel doesn't contract like brass will.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#9]
All of them?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I never had any issues in my psa upper with any tula or wolf ammo (about 500 rounds?) , until last month when I had four failures to ignite with decent primer strikes from tula (right after I bought a bunch ).  All four rounds had dented primers from decent pin strikes, all four had powder in them, rest of that particular box went bang.  Guess they were hard or defective primers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
my bushmaster doesnt like steel case (although the zinc has been fine) it eventually gets stuck cases. My other 4 ar's havent had any issue.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your rifle doesn't run steel cased ammo, you should get it fixed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I keep the steel in rifles designed for it, AKs. Plus Wolf and Tula 7.62x39 is 10x better than their .223 offerings.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have never seen an ar that doesnt run steel cased ammo.
View Quote

I had a Bushmaster carbine that wouldn't shoot steel, it would feed and eject but wouldn't pick up the next round.  I traded that gun away a long time ago.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top