Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't get too hung up on her look in the pictures.  The last time I saw her sing on Jay Leno, she put some some serious tonnage.  Her old self was attractive the same way Janeane Garofalo was attractive.  Say, they may be the same person.

Edited to strike out dupe.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I admit to owning the Tigerlily CD.  I love the sound of her voice.  I'm comfortable enough with my manhood to say it  On the other hand, I hate most country music so what do I know.  I'd have a tuff time choosing between kissing Janet Reno or listening to the number one country album for an hour.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow- my musical and reenacting worlds, hitherto totally separate and ignorant of each other, colliding!

www.lordnelsons.com/gallery/frontier/griffing/images/griffing_35l.jpg

I know these people, too!

Ask Jen about it, when they were all living in Pittsburg.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
She's not a lesbian.  At least in her songs she sings about being pregnant and such.  
I'm familiar with her politics, but she's got an incredible voice.  I LOVE her voice.  It sounds more like a musical instrument than a human voice.
I have several of her albums and her "Ophelia" CD is one of my favorites to listen to when I'm at my reloading bench.  That one, and also several by the "Cranberries"; lead singer of that group is Dolores O'Reardon.  I'm sure she's no Reagan Republican either, but she can sing, too.
I remember reading "Soldier" a long time ago.  The author was a lieutenant colonel in the army and fought in Viet Nam (IIRC).  He wrote in his book about all of the flack he had to put up with from his army buddies about the Joan Baez records in his record collection.  He said, "Yeah, I know, but she can SING!"
Sometimes it's worthwhile making an exception now and then.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow- my musical and reenacting worlds, hitherto totally separate and ignorant of each other, colliding!

www.lordnelsons.com/gallery/frontier/griffing/images/griffing_35l.jpg

I know these people, too!

Ask Jen about it, when they were all living in Pittsburg.

Thanks! Again, a big

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
She's not a lesbian.  At least in her songs she sings about being pregnant and such.  

Oh, yeah, it's not like lesbians can't get pregnant, ya know?

(snip)
I remember reading "Soldier" a long time ago.  The author was a lieutenant colonel in the army and fought in Viet Nam (IIRC).  He wrote in his book about all of the flack he had to put up with from his army buddies about the Joan Baez records in his record collection.  He said, "Yeah, I know, but she can SING!"
Sometimes it's worthwhile making an exception now and then.

Yeah- I love listening to the Red Army Chorus, and that doesn't make me a Communist, does it, tovarischtch?....

One thing ya gotta say about them Commies, though- they sure know how to write some killer anthems!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh yes, another Tigerlilly liberal lament on her part.  The "passing" of River Phoenix FROM A DRUG OVERDOSE OUTSIDE THE VIPER ROOM.  Cry me some crocildile tears.  AMF you vegan druggie.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't get too hung up on her look in the pictures.  The last time I saw her sing on Jay Leno, she put some some serious tonnage.  Her old self was attractive the same way Janeane Garofalo was attractive.  Say, they may be the same person.

Hey, you stole that from me...cool if you didn't.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Beautiful voice.

I like Edie Brickell, too.

(since we'reon the subject of pretty women with great voices who are otherwise insane)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Beautiful voice.

(since we'reon the subject of pretty women with great voices who are otherwise insane)

She isn't crazy nor lesbo.  She's still married to Paul Simon.  Word is she likes his presents of musical instruments but she is getting tired of him giving her an antique organ.

TONK!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd do her!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beautiful voice.

She isn't crazy nor lesbo.  She's still married to Paul Simon.  Word is she likes his presents of musical instruments but she is getting tired of him giving her an antique organ.

It seems like she dropped off the radar after she married him.

My favorite:

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around
Me, I think it all depends
on you touching ground with us.
But, I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.
And I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.

And being alone
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's
the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's
the best way to be.
When I'm by myself
nobody else can say goodbye.

Everything is temporary anyway.
When the streets are wet --
the color slip into the sky.
But I don't know why that means you and I are
- that means you and....
I quit -- I give up.
Nothin's good enough for anybody else it seems.
But I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else it seems.

And being alone
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's
the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's
the best way to be.
When I'm by myself
nobody else can say...

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around.

Halalalalalala

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I admit to owning the Tigerlily CD.  I love the sound of her voice.  I'm comfortable enough with my manhood to say it  On the other hand, I hate most country music so what do I know.  I'd have a tuff time choosing between kissing Janet Reno or listening to the number one country album for an hour.

+1!

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd hit it :)

You never cease to freak me out when you post that

Sorry Doublefeed
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry dude.  Didn't read through the whole posts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry dude.  Didn't read through the whole posts.

That is ok.  Great minds...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top