Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I really think we could lose the war on terrorism if we don't change.

The enemy is ready to kill and destroy based on rumors concerning cartoons of their god and desecration of the koran and while many American's are calling for us to pull out of Iraq.   They want to fight and sadly many Americans don't.  Where are our protests in the streets following Sept 11th, the London attacks, the Madrid attacks?  

There were Europe wide protests considering the Attacks in USA, London, Bali, Madrid. I always feel sad when I see the protests against these atrocities as I really don't think the animals who commit the bombings care at all. I think it is however good to protest as it makes a point and builds solidarity.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, what Iran is doing is simply ingenious.

They are challenging the European newspapers to publish their holocaust based cartoons to show the hypocrisy of the European governments when it comes to freedom of speech. The hypocrisy: you are not allowed to deny the holocaust or make fun of it at all in most of Europe, it is a criminal offense; the Iranians point is: why allow the mocking of one religion and what has happened to them, but outlaw the mocking of another religion and what happened to them.

If you aren't allowed to mock the holocaust in Europe because it might offend some Jews; then don't you think that you shouldn't be able to mock Muhammad because it might offend some Muslims?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They are challenging the European newspapers to publish their holocaust based cartoons to show the hypocrisy of the European governments when it comes to freedom of speech. The hypocrisy: you are not allowed to deny the holocaust or make fun of it at all in most of Europe, it is a criminal offense; the Iranians point is: why allow the mocking of one religion and what has happened to them, but outlaw the mocking of another religion and what happened to them.

If you aren't allowed to mock the holocaust in Europe because it might offend some Jews; then don't you think that you shouldn't be able to mock Muhammad because it might offend some Muslims?

What they've been doing the last few months is pretty ingenious too. They're pushing the world into an "either you're with us, or against us" posture.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadly, few in the West will have the stones to point out what will actually be proved by the response to the holocaust cartoons: That Islam breeds ignorant, childish savages, while Judaism, Christianity, and Western atheism/irreligion do not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Because we can.

Freedom of expression means that we can choose what we wish to lampoon.

If a few European countries have decided that the Holocaust is something that cannot be mocked in any way, thus limiting their freedom of the press and of expression, that is for them to decide.

Mohammad would not be lampooned anywhere on the planet were it not for the incredible criminal acts that a good many of his followers cheerfully commit in the name of the religion that he founded.

I say bring it on.

Let the Westerners see what the mullahs in Iran truly have on their minds....and in their hearts.

And let's see the reaction throughout the world over those cartoons.

It will be really, really interesting.

Eric The(WesternCiv101)Hun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we can.

Freedom of expression means that we can choose what we wish to lampoon.

If a few European countries have decided that the Holocaust is something that cannot be mocked in any way, thus limiting their freedom of the press and of expression, that is for them to decide.

Mohammad would not be lampooned anywhere on the planet were it not for the incredible criminal acts that a good many of his followers cheerfully commit in the name of the religion that he founded.

I say bring it on.

Let the Westerners see what the mullahs in Iran truly have on their minds....and in their hearts.

but, see that is the problem with the Europeans. They are crying "FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH!", defending their publication of these cartoons, but then say that saying that the Holocaust was fake is "Hate Speech". You cannot have your cake and eat it too, restricting the right to say one thing but not another that is equally offensive.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

but, see that is the problem with the Europeans. They are crying "FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH!", defending their publication of these cartoons, but then say that saying that the Holocaust was fake is "Hate Speech". You cannot have your cake and eat it too, restricting the right to say one thing but not another that is equally offensive.

Only Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Switzerland, have laws against denying the factual occurrence of the Holocaust in public.

It is a restriction on the freedom of expression, but it is limited to some countries which either had a great deal of blood on its hands during the Holocaust, or a great deal of sympathy with its victims.

And that is a political decision that each of those Western democracies made.

It's not the sort of decision that could even be made in the United States.

But let Iran have its fun...and then expect to see a great deal of mockery of Mohammad and Islam on both sides of the Atlantic in reaction to it.

It will not bode well for Islam worldwide, in the publicity sense.

Americans are pretty nasty when it comes to offending one and all.

Eric The(Truthful)Hun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]

offering gold coins

Just wondering the type of gold coin being offered?  And can hardly wait to see all the entries.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...But let Iran have its fun...and then expect to see a great deal of mockery of Mohammad and Islam on both sides of the Atlantic in reaction to it.

It will not bode well for Islam worldwide, in the publicity sense.

Absolutely, this died quietly last September until radical clerics decided to stir the pot.  I suspect the net result will be that even more of the western world will become convinced that Islam is the problem, even though it is radical nut cases that are the true problem.

Someday, people will wake up and draw a simple distinction:  Any group that seeks protection under their right to "freedom of religion" is NOT a religion if they preach hatred, intolerance and violence against others.  They are a hate-group, plain and simple, and should be afforded no protection at all.  Arrest their leaders, and those that try to fill the void.    
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm interested in devoting my life to offending Islam.

What is the best way to go about this?

Ok, here we go:

STEP ONE:

Go here

Buy These:

STEP TWO:

Go to: www.freekoran.com/

Order Free Koran.

STEP THREE:

Go to the store.

Buy a Danish Ham.

STEP FOUR:  

Buy Tannerite.

STEP FIVE:

Use your imagination.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Draw a cartoon showing Mohammed fucking a hog. That should do it.

How bout the other way around?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we can.

Until the holocaust comics come out, and you are able to refer to riots, arsons, and kidnapings by non-Islamic Euopeans in response to those comics, you are (yet again) spewing the profound foolishness inherent in the inability to recognize unlike things as being unlike.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"Ingenious"?  How is the same rabid anti-semitism they've always exhibited "ingenious"?  

Before this issue even came on the radar, Iran's president had ALREADY announced a conference for anti-semetic holocaust deniers.  This cartoon debacle is just an excuse for him to push his anti-semetic agenda of hatred, and there is nothing ingenious about it.

Nobody cares.  They REGULARLY publish stuff like that in Iranian state-controlled media, and nobody cares - because Jews and Christians don't go issuing death threats and fire-bombing embassies when they get offended.

Notice that Iranians are burning Danish flags every day.  The Danish flag is not just a national symbol, it is a religious symbol.  Have you seen any Danes protesting?  Have you seen any Christian calls for the death of those people?

As usual, you don't seem to actually bother with the facts.

How was the Danish newspaper "mocking" Mohammed, exactly?

The cartoons were published as part of an exploration of Danish self-censorship, that the newspaper became interested in because a Danish author needed an illustration of Mohammed for a book he was writing, but had a hard time finding an illustrator who was willing to draw it.  

The newspaper decided to ask editorial cartoonists to submit drawings of what Mohammed meant to them, as a way of exploring the reluctance of Danes to offend muslims, and as a general story to illustrate that everyone has to be prepared to occasionally be a little offended by the freedeom of the press.

If the intent of the newspaper article had been to "Mock" - then the editors would have been charged with a crime.  Danish laws are very strict (because we are so tolerant and PC) and there is a law against blaspehmy.  Danish justice ministry officials launched an investigation and concluded that there was no violation of the law, because the cartoons do NOT mock God, nor were they intended to mock or offend anyone.

Sorry to keep correcting you, but sometimes FACTS really help to understand an issue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we can.

Until the holocaust comics come out, and you are able to refer to riots, arsons, and kidnapings by non-Islamic Euopeans in response to those comics, you are (yet again) spewing the profound foolishness inherent in the inability to recognize unlike things as being unlike.

the two acts(making offensive cartoons) are a like, whether or not someone reacts violently to them doesn't mean they aren't the same: vitriolic garbage not fit for anyone to publish.

Nobody cares. They REGULARLY publish stuff like that in Iranian state-controlled media, and nobody cares - because Jews and Christians don't go issuing death threats and fire-bombing embassies when they get offended.

Uhm... you haven't paid attention.. have you there? They are not wanting to publish this in just their own papers, they want to have it published in Denmark and other European countries. The challenge is: if you won't print this vitriolic garbage, then why are you printing this other vitriolic garbage. It would definitely be cool of the Danes to actually print the holocaust cartoons.

Notice that Iranians are burning Danish flags every day. The Danish flag is not just a national symbol, it is a religious symbol. Have you seen any Danes protesting? Have you seen any Christian calls for the death of those people?

actually I have, from the on-campus Christian organization meetings and the local protestant churches; strangely, the Catholics don't give a damn.

As usual, you don't seem to actually bother with the facts.

How was the Danish newspaper "mocking" Mohammed, exactly?

I don't know, maybe having Muhammad wearing a bomb turban is  a bit mocking. Add to that the fact you aren't allowed to make pictures of any human being in Islam, and it is pretty offensive. Religious leaders are not the source of humor, unless they are Scientologists.

The newspaper decided to ask editorial cartoonists to submit drawings of what Mohammed meant to them, as a way of exploring the reluctance of Danes to offend muslims, and as a general story to illustrate that everyone has to be prepared to occasionally be a little offended by the freedeom of the press.

I will remember to remind my local newspaper editor that whenever I want to have fun writing an anti-black article.

If the intent of the newspaper article had been to "Mock" - then the editors would have been charged with a crime. Danish laws are very strict (because we are so tolerant and PC) and there is a law against blaspehmy.anish justice ministry officials launched an investigation and concluded that there was no violation of the law, because the cartoons do NOT mock God, nor were they intended to mock or offend anyone.

Intent isn't the only thing that matters, so do you actions. If the newspaper was too blind to realize the trouble this would cause with uneducated Muslims, their editor should be replaced with someone who does so that in the future someone doesn't think it is a funny idea to make cartoons involving black people doing stereotypical "black" things..

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah - THAT cartoon really captures Iran's response!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.filibustercartoons.com/comics/20060204.gif

The front page of a newspaper showed a pic of three protests against the Danes, and a pic from Iran of the Israeli flag being burned. It's somehow always the fault of the joooo's.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.filibustercartoons.com/comics/20060204.gif

The front page of a newspaper showed a pic of three protests against the Danes, and a pic from Iran of the Israeli flag being burned. It's somehow always the fault of the joooo's.

Somehow the Danes are part of a vast Zionist conspiracy.

I guessed they missed our "The Germans are coming.  Quick, get in this boat to Sweden" trick to get the Jews out of Denmark in 1943.  

Kidding!!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Drop trou and rub one out on some Ay-rab's burka.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Congratulations! You've arrived.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
A bunch of  Jews should submit entries to this contest. It would be hysterical if they won.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Oh did you not get the memo?

We covered that at the last bildeberg group meeting.

I swear  I thought I cc'd you on that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Notice that Iranians are burning Danish flags every day. The Danish flag is not just a national symbol, it is a religious symbol. Have you seen any Danes protesting? Have you seen any Christian calls for the death of those people?

actually I have, from the on-campus Christian organization meetings and the local protestant churches; strangely, the Catholics don't give a damn.

I'm sorry - but now you are just lying, and not even convincing lies.

CAMPUS Christians (of the college student variety) and protestant churches calling for the DEATH of people for burning the Danish flag?

Try making up some more plausible lies next time.   Most people outside Denmark don't even know that the Danish flag is a Christian symbol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Now try to imagine these assholes people with nuclear weapons.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Nobody cares. They REGULARLY publish stuff like that in Iranian state-controlled media, and nobody cares - because Jews and Christians don't go issuing death threats and fire-bombing embassies when they get offended.

Uhm... you haven't paid attention.. have you there? They are not wanting to publish this in just their own papers, they want to have it published in Denmark and other European countries. The challenge is: if you won't print this vitriolic garbage, then why are you printing this other vitriolic garbage. It would definitely be cool of the Danes to actually print the holocaust cartoons.

The rich irony of YOU telling someone that they "haven't paid attention" is PRICELESS.  

In thread after thread after thread you continually demonstrate your ignorance and lack of factual information over and over again.  

Again, I'll try to clarify for you.  NOBODY CARES !!!

Nobody gives a shit what a fundamentalist terrorist-sponsoring state like Iran would LIKE to have published in Danish newspapers.  This entire issue revolves around the fact that newspapers in a free country that enojys freedom of the press and of expression do NOT have to kowtow to whatever some small fringe interest group wants, nor do they have to kowtow to what some foreign govenment wants.

Iran can publish whatever they want IN THEIR OWN NEWSPAPERS - and they regularly do that, with their antisemitic racist drivel every day of the week.  Nobody in Europe complains about that, or protests or does anything about it.

But why should Denmark give a shit about what Iran wants or doesn't want published in our newspapers.  If they want something published, they can take out a full-page ad and pay for it.  If it doesn't violate the law, then I'm sure the newspaper will publish it.

The ESSENTIAL ISSUE here is that extremist fundemantalists in other parts of the world want to DICTATE to free countries what they can or cannot "allows" people to publish in free newspapers.  They are so embedded in their own totatlitarian states and repressive press that they don't even seem to comprehende the concept of freedom of the press.

And you calling the cartoon "vitriolic garbage" ONCE AGAIN demonstrates that you don't really seem to understand what you are talking about.  There are about 200,000 muslims in Denmark, including members or parliament.  Did you see ANY demonstrations or violence in Denmark following the publication of these pictures?  THE ANSWER IS NO !!!  How can it be such "vitriolic garabage" when it apprently didn't even get much of a reaction.

A few extremist muslim Imams (with a few thousand followers at most) were very pissed about it - and THEN you saw the violence and demonstrations AFTER they spent three months telling lies about the cartoons, and showing people in the middle east FAKE (and MUCH MORE offensive) cartoons, and claiming that they were the ones published back in September.

All this outrage and anger was COMPLETELY ENGINEERED - not a spontanoues reaction or real outrage to the actual cartoons, and you sharing that outrage only shows that you've been DUPED by extremists Imams in Denmark, nothing more.  

Once again, I feel pity for your naivete.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]
it's all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently some here cannot appreciate the difference between a cartoon contest sponsored by a state run newspaper asking for despicable anti-Jewish entries and a private newspaper in Denmark running an editorial cartoon that inflames Muslim sensibilities.

The Prime Minister of Denmark has never made an anti-Mohammad statement that we know of, but can the same be said of the Iranian president about anti-Jewish statements?

Nope.

Denmark is firmly in the 21st Century. Iran is firmly in the 7th Century.

And the Iranians are seeking nuclear weapons!

Can anything be more frightening that this?

The folks who brought the world the spectacle of unarmed teenaged boys being stampeded across mine fields in their late war with Iraq...now poised to possess nuclear weapons!

Incredible.

Eric The(SimplyIncredible)Hun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Heres my cartoon
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:13:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I say bring it on.

I second the motion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say bring it on.

I second the motion.

I concur.

Enuf dicking around you Islamo-fascist turds.

Bring it over here, where we'll blow your %^$#&# head off for trying this crap.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sculptures of  mohammed humping camels made entirely out of bacon.

Sounds like that would do the trick.

Maybe add 72 Virginians circling mohammed with muskets pointed at him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:42:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
To be serious - as EVIDENCE of muslims who apparently do "get it" there will be a demonstration by muslims in Denmark tonight, in support of Denmark, and in protest against all the violence.  They say that sure they might have been offended by the drawings, but freedom of the press is more important.  Yay - go moderate muslims!  

Color me happily surprised.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

As much as I am generally inclined to disagree with you, this is a good post.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Keep breathing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Only Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Switzerland, have laws against denying the factual occurrence of the Holocaust in public.

It is a restriction on the freedom of expression, but it is limited to some countries which either had a great deal of blood on its hands during the Holocaust, or a great deal of sympathy with its victims.

And that is a political decision that each of those Western democracies made.

And it makes them look like hypocrits, my friend.

I guess when they say they are for "free speech," they really only mean some    speech should be protected.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What they've been doing the last few months is pretty ingenious too. They're pushing the world into an "either you're with us, or against us" posture.

Put me down for AGAINST!

Seems to me they are always looking for a reason to riot. If it wasn't over this it would be over something similarly inconsequential.

Any reason to destroy something.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Wow. That ought to do the trick.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Dear god in heaven.....

Iran is "ingenious" in the same way that the jackasses who flew planes into buildings on 9/11 were "brave".
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yes.

The thought of people who ought to know better SIDING with those idiots.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#46]
I have my entry for the Iranian holocaust cartoon contest ready:

Think it will win??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

America could survive a nuclear attack from the Iranians.

America CANNOT survive being filled with a bunch of useful idiots who are eager to lick the boots of those nutcases.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

America could survive a nuclear attack from the Iranians.

America CANNOT survive being filled with a bunch of useful idiots who are eager to lick the boots of those nutcases.

Just because I find it interesting that European newspapers won't publish offensive holocaust cartoons does not make me an Islamic bootlicker.

Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To be serious - as EVIDENCE of muslims who apparently do "get it" there will be a demonstration by muslims in Denmark tonight, in support of Denmark, and in protest against all the violence.  They say that sure they might have been offended by the drawings, but freedom of the press is more important.  Yay - go moderate muslims!  

Color me happily surprised.

Why?  Because 5 people are going to show up?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Y'all don't know Wobblin-Goblin. Wobblin-Goblin is a friend of mine. And y'all are no Wobblin-Goblin.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top