BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

As my username says, I'm a patriot of this country. I hope to God the ban doesn't pass.

Being an intelligent human being means looking at all possible outcomes and oppurtunities. Should the ban pass, I'd like to be able to spite the libs and make a few bucks at the same time.

Maybe you should change your name to Georgia-B-Against-Any -Sales-of-AW's.

God dude the DU is --->

AW? I can only guess you mean Assault weapon. More you talk the more I think your a DU troll.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking whores considering profit while were about to lose an entire way of life and our only means to balance power with those whom mean to exploit us.

C

Personally, an Remington 700 is a far more effective weapon. Snipers dominate battefields. And honestly, do you really think there will be a civil war between civilians and the .gov?

I love guns as much as anyone here. I shoot 2-3 times a week and compete in IDPA, SCSA, and .tac rifle matches almost every weekend.

No I honestly don't believe there will be a civil war between civilians and government because Soldiers and Law Enforcement are equally fucked by this legislation outside of their duties. Also being an ex-soldier myself I still feel bound to uphold the Constitution of the United States against all enemies. The politicians don't trust you unless you are under their control, hence retired LEO's or Military will be fucked just like everyone else. We wouldn't want a thinking ex-Marine to have a semi-automatic rifle now. Hell that kind of rogue might just figure out he's paying 60% of his pay in taxes to Federal, State, and Local in order to support border jumpers who need health care.

The only way we can turn this country around is when the LEO's, Military, and Patriotic Civilians realize they are fucked in this together.

C

I think we already know we're fucked. The sheeple (95% of this country) will never realize that. 5% of the population cannot successfully institute enough change.

Does stopping the sale of AW's increase the .gov's control over the people? Yes, but not in the way you think. It makes the sheeple feel as if the .gov takes care of all their needs and protects them from all evils. I doesn't do shit for taking away the people's ability to stand up for themselves. But, any realistic individual knows that there will never be this sort of strife between the .gov and the people. I hope our LEO's, Soldiers, and public servants know better and will uphold the constitution of the U.S. whether their government will or not.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As my username says, I'm a patriot of this country. I hope to God the ban doesn't pass.

Being an intelligent human being means looking at all possible outcomes and oppurtunities. Should the ban pass, I'd like to be able to spite the libs and make a few bucks at the same time.

Maybe you should change your name to Georgia-B-Against-Any -Sales-of-AW's.

God dude the DU is --->

AW? I can only guess you mean Assault weapon. More you talk the more I think your a DU troll.

Accusing me of being a DU troll, eh? At least I up for a membership...on top of the NRA membership...What do you do to support firearms?  

I use the term AW because of the context of the ban. It's like the clip/magazine debate. We all know a true AW is a select fire weapon. We all know a clip is a speed feeding device for a magazine, but common use changes the definition.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Investment advice:  

You need to think through this a bit further.  How many guns are you planning on buying in this "investment"?  If only a small number, say 10, you won't see much profit even if the prices double in ten years compared to other possible ways you could invest the same amount of money.  If you are planning on buying dozens or hundreds of guns, you will be assuming a massive risk given the costs incurred for each individual transfer, insurance, upkeep, storage, etc.  The feds could fail to ban as you hope (yes, I said *HOPE*--which draws my ire, if not anyone else's around here), or the feds could ban completely (e.g. confiscate), or they could just ban the caliber of ammunition, or the guns could rust while in storage or get stolen from storage.  There are many ways in which your "investment" could become worth less (or plain worthless) than you have invested and only one way that you can profit.  With collectibles, loss is the most likely outcome.  

You can never do well trying to time a market, especially if government regulations are involved.  Enron was the last one to attempt this on a massive scale by posturing to trade in carbon credits that never materialized (well, that and horrendous accounting practices--but the bad accounting came after they were in trouble).  

If you like guns, buy them, but don't think for a second that they are some sort of investment.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Investment advice:  

You need to think through this a bit further.  How many guns are you planning on buying in this "investment"?  If only a small number, say 10, you won't see much profit even if the prices double in ten years compared to other possible ways you could invest the same amount of money.  If you are planning on buying dozens or hundreds of guns, you will be assuming a massive risk given the costs incurred for each individual transfer, insurance, upkeep, storage, etc.  The feds could fail to ban as you hope (yes, I said *HOPE*--which draws my ire, if not anyone else's around here), or the feds could ban completely (e.g. confiscate), or they could just ban the caliber of ammunition, or the guns could rust while in storage or get stolen from storage.  There are many ways in which your "investment" could become worth less (or plain worthless) than you have invested and only one way that you can profit.  With collectibles, loss is the most likely outcome.  

You can never do well trying to time a market, especially if government regulations are involved.  Enron was the last one to attempt this on a massive scale by posturing to trade in carbon credits that never materialized (well, that and horrendous accounting practices--but the bad accounting came after they were in trouble).  

If you like guns, buy them, but don't think for a second that they are some sort of investment.  

nevermind. I misread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Zumbo waves his NRA membership around like a flag too... Doesn't make him a friend of the 2nd amendment anymore than it does for you.

So to your NRA argument I respond "yawn"

Regardless of what you say about not wanting another ban to happen it's obvious that your wetting your panties over the idea of it passing. Do as you wish we can't stop you and have no real desire to do so. BUT understand that your attitude and mercenary soul are showing loud and clear in your posts.

Enjoy your profit if a ban goes into effect. While your laughing on the way to the bank I and others will be mourning the lose of yet another God given right in this country.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Zumbo waves his NRA membership around like a flag too... Doesn't make him a friend of the 2nd amendment anymore than it does for you.

So to your NRA argument I respond "yawn"

Regardless of what you say about not wanting another ban to happen it's obvious that your wetting your panties over the idea of it passing. Do as you wish we can't stop you and have no real desire to do so. BUT understand that your attitude and mercenary soul are showing loud and clear in your posts.

Enjoy your profit if a ban goes into effect. While your laughing on the way to the bank I and others will be mourning the lose of yet another God given right in this country.

I've been living under the CA ban with ridiculous fixed magazine Ar's--I'd like to see a failed ban more than anyone else.

Bringing zumbo into this is about as lame as it gets. I entirely support the right to own and bear any type of firearm. That's why I would be buying more of them for myself and to sell to others!

"Regardless of what I say...". If you don't value my word, that's your choice. It's good as gold. I'm hoping the fed. ban will fail, and in a chain reaction the CA ban will be questioned, go to court, and be removed from law.

And by the way, what's your excuse for not being a member of the NRA or this website to help defend this God given right you claim I do not value? I value it so much as to give $$$ to the NRA to help fight for it. Again, what are you doing to save our rights?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I never claimed to be or not to be a member of the NRA. In this argument it's not important. But to sooth your soul yes I'm a member and have been so for the last 10 years. Next attempt at a dig?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Alot of folks drinking on a Sunday night.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
GeorgiaBII, I'm going to say this one last time.

I do not want an another ban. I already live under a terrible ban, and HR 1022 would be even worse.

I have supported the 2nd amendment with my time, money, and character. Just last week I stood up to my college professor over the 2nd amendment. That's putting my grade on the line, let alone voicing my an unpopular opinion to a class of over a hundred sheeple students.

I'm merely trying to procreate the right to own these rifles while at the same time making a small profit. If you read my above posts, at most I would be selling two receivers. TWO. DOS! It would be a hundred dollar profit at most, which would go straight towards building up lowers I buy for personal use.

That's business, that's capitalism, that's America.

Have a nice life.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mxpatriot51 you should really change your user name to Mxprofit1022 instead... This entire thread makes me want to puke.

I was just thinking the same thing brother.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mxpatriot51 you should really change your user name to Mxprofit1022 instead... This entire thread makes me want to puke.

Read the above thread. If you still feel like perpetuating this mindless attack, take it somewhere else.

I'm a shooter, first and foremost. Selling two receivers to turn a little profit to support my shooting seems to make me evil in the minds of some of you.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the above thread. If you still feel like perpetuating this mindless attack, take it somewhere else.

I'm a shooter, first and foremost. Selling two receivers to turn a little profit to support my shooting seems to make me evil in the minds of some of you.

Would it really be just two receivers....or could you stop there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I DO disagree with buying them now on speculation for investment. It makes them less available at a "normal" price for thiose who might not already own one.

Of course someone who does speculate will take a risk; the price may go up now due to increased speculatory demand, and then either the ban may never pass, or it might pass but outlaw transfers.Then they're out money.

Based on that argument,  one should never buy more than one share of stock. Heck, you could even say that no one should buy more than one AR, period, because it limits the supply for everyone else. I'd be willing to bet most people here who own an AR have or will own more than one.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine bought 2 dozen MGs before the ban took place in 1986.  While he was also a collector, these 24 were for resale only as you suggest.  In his case, it worked out great.  However, this is like comparing apples to oranges.  MGs being much more desirable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have supported the 2nd amendment with my time, money, and character. Just last week I stood up to my college professor over the 2nd amendment. That's putting my grade on the line, let alone voicing my an unpopular opinion to a class of over a hundred sheeple students.

Respectfully, Mx, I hope that you eventually come to realize that this does not mean anything. There are people on this board that I can name who put their freedom and property in harms way for the 2nd. They organize lawsuits against legislators, manage gatherings, are in constant contact with their legislators and state groups. There are numerous folks on this board who are on a first name basis with their national and state reps. You should realize that before you continue wave your NRA membership around and claim you do more than most here.

I'm not trying to offend you in any way, but this is the case. Until you do for your state what Jim March does, don't bother making comparisons.

ETA - I was thankful to get my hands on certain things after the '94 ban. I paid a high price, but I was thankful. You can't get everything in time, so if some do stock up and sell high, it's not always a negative for everyone. I paid what I had to for certain things I thought may never come around again, and I'm happy I did.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:54:44 AM EDT
[#17]
So Base on what some of you guys have said I must be Evil because. Have a more that one ar15. How many mags and ammo can I have before I am Evil
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Mxpatriot51 - you're exactly correct in your assertion that this is capitalism at it's finest.  Someone is willing to stick their neck out and take a risk with the hopes that it will pay dividends in the future.  But don't try and hand us some line of bullshit about your altruistic motives of wanting to make these items available to others in the future.  Everyone know's that's complete bullshit.  Why doesn't everyone instead stock up so they can pass everything down to thier kids and grandkids so they won't have to pay these artificially inflated prices?  That's what I'll be doing if it comes to that.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Mxpatriot51 - you're exactly correct in your assertion that this is capitalism at it's finest.  Someone is willing to stick their neck out and take a risk with the hopes that it will pay dividends in the future.  But don't try and hand us some line of bullshit about your altruistic motives of wanting to make these items available to others in the future.  Everyone know's that's complete bullshit.  Why doesn't everyone instead stock up so they can pass everything down to thier kids and grandkids so they won't have to pay these artificially inflated prices?  That's what I'll be doing if it comes to that.  

That's already taken care of. These would be above and beyond that.

Whoever inherits my firearms is getting one hell of a collection.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top