BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's way to uniform to be an out of battery firing.  I'd expect it to pop before being that precise.  Looks to me like it was fired in a rifle chambered for a belted cartridge, and it fireformed to the belt.  I have no idea what belted cartridge would have a base that small though as generally they are thick. Maybe it was fired in an old oddball British chambering...

I honestly can't think of any other cartridge chamber that would allow a .30 Carbine to be fired and work.

.357 max

ETA:

I see a fairly deep extractor mark... I'm going to join the OoB camp here.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get a round of 30 carbine mixed with your 9mm Largo ammo and shoot a vintage Astra. Try a 9mm bullet in the case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Having seen SMG ammo do that I'm going to say it came out of an M2 firing full auto. Or a badly functioning m1.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having seen SMG ammo do that I'm going to say it came out of an M2 firing full auto. Or a badly functioning m1.

If that dude fired corrosive Chinese LC52 through his M2 he is going to be hating life.

-Mark
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top