User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
OP had a close friend OD on pot  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it have anything to do with an increased volume of drivers on the roads in those states due to pot tourism?  Colorado really has to be upping the average for those other states too.  I was in Colorado Springs and Denver last week, most people on the road drove like complete assholes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course it does.  It's a fucking intoxicant.
View Quote
You can have a free society or an orderly society.   But they are, to a certain extent, mutually exclusive.   The more orderly you seek to make a society by controlling individual behavior that might lead to disorder, the less free the society becomes.

Personally, I think the proper balance is achieved by punishing behavior that directly harms or substantially places others at risk of harm.   Like drunk driving.

In this case, outlaw driving while high (oh wait, it already is).   That directly places others at substantial risk of harm.   Legalize possession of weed as the sole acts of possessing or smoking weed does not harm anyone or put anyone else at risk.

This is why these studies don't move me.  For drugs OR guns.   You could prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that banning guns would result in fewer people killed... and I would still favor guns being legal to possess.   That is because I favor a free society over an orderly one.

Valuing order at any cost is an irrational, fear-based response to life's existential terror.   You can't put nerf pads on life.   Life is chaotic, random, and terrible... except to the extent that YOU can take control of it and make it not be.   Surrendering your freedoms to someone in authority won't make you any safer.

Anyways.   That's why I think weed should be legal.  And guns, too.   And well, pretty much anything else that doesn't break my leg or pick my pocket.

TL/DR same old free the weed libertarian bullshit.   Don't bother reading.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been assured by multiple ARFcommers that pot is absolutely, perfectly, safe and even makes you a more aware drive. This study is clearly wrong.
View Quote
Yes totally aware man...that freaking light pole was very aggressive it jumped right out and front of me so fast I had no choice but to ram it...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<Removed -40xb>

View Quote
Sorry
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Several, but I don't recall the names, as none were noteworthy members.  Just a troll, doing troll things.  
View Quote
This makes me happy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The pot heads are fucked now. When IIHS gets involved with anything, laws get changed and YOU CITIZEN will lose freedom. It's what they pay Legislators for you know!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Several, but I don't recall the names, as none were noteworthy members.  Just a troll, doing troll things.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite one source of somebody telling you that?

<Banned (actually re-banned)--you don't get to reregister to avoid your ban using several accounts.  It's especially stupid to draw attention to yourself with continuous personal attacks on the good members, as that prompts staff attention. --tbk1>
So who was he originally?
that guy was NOT good people.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im not a pot fan..but short of actual test on scene..meh...and I would imagine those who were going to use, were already using before the law changed......my guess..just another way for insurance companies to raise prices and deny coverages....
View Quote
DING DING DING WINNER WINNER

bad credit even though safe driver never had claim or ticket and credit score went down because you cancelled credit cards
You just turned 56 never had a CLAIM or ticket safe driver live in Fla.

Insurance companies look for any reasons to raise rates.
Not a pot smoker
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A great deal more of that goes on than is known publicly.  I only posted so he wouldn't continue to get quoted.  Ironically I had a heads-up about him earlier today from a mod, but didn't spend the time to research the guy.  If they had enough sense to stay off the radar screen they would likely get away with it, but that goes against their nature, so it's just not possible.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This makes me happy.
A great deal more of that goes on than is known publicly.  I only posted so he wouldn't continue to get quoted.  Ironically I had a heads-up about him earlier today from a mod, but didn't spend the time to research the guy.  If they had enough sense to stay off the radar screen they would likely get away with it, but that goes against their nature, so it's just not possible.  
i've seen him around alot (enough to remember his name).

when i retread i will lay low.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Michigan Medical Marijuana was enacted in 2008

Crash Statistics by year are

2007: 324,174
2008: 316,051
2009: 290,078
2010: 282,075

Looks like weed saves lives.  Everyone should be forced to smoke weed, just like seatbelt laws.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks like weed saves lives.  Everyone should be forced to smoke weed, just like seatbelt laws.
View Quote
how about the other years?
2011 284,049
2012 273,891
2013 289,061
2014 298,699
2015 297,023
2016 312,172

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/DecadeGlanceFatals_382744_7.pdf

edit - with a decreased population from 2008, too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2011 284,049
2012 273,891
2013 289,061
2014 298,699
2015 297,023
2016 312,172

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2011 284,049
2012 273,891
2013 289,061
2014 298,699
2015 297,023
2016 312,172

Death's per mileage is steady state and known fatal accidents with OUI is +/-2.6%.  The only big change is OUI arrest are down 39%.

Way less people behind bars, but little change in deaths.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A recent insurance study links increased car crash claims to legalized recreational marijuana.

The Highway Loss Data Institute, a leading insurance research group, said in study results released Thursday that collision claims in Colorado, Washington, and Oregon went up 2.7 percent in the years since legal recreational marijuana sales began when compared with surrounding states.

Legal recreational pot sales in Colorado began in January 2014, followed six months later in Washington, and in October 2015 in Oregon.

"We believe that the data is saying that crash risk has increased in these states and those crash risks are associated with the legalization of marijuana," said Matt Moore, senior vice president with the institute, which analyzes insurance data to observe emerging auto-safety trends.
View Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/06/23/insurance-study-ties-legal-pot-to-boost-in-car-crash-claims.html

"but there's no real, definitive evidence or proof"
"but don't you love freedom?"
"it's as safe/safer than driking"
"people should allow people to use or do anything they want, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else"
"your'e just afraid of the pot needles"
etc.
View Quote

"We believe" = Fact,  according to the op.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Potheads come out.  Potheads come out.
View Quote
Anti-freedomheads come out. Anti-freedomheads come out.

Lol!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It was illegal to drive intoxicated before.

It's illegal to drive intoxicated now.

Are we saying that banning the *possession* of alcohol is a worthwhile tradeoff  to (maybe) eliminate a statistical blip?
View Quote
Don't you know you cannot mention alcohol in a pot thread because pot is more like heroin. Alcohol is safe as mothers milk.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is interesting to note is that evidence of pot use stays in one's system for up to months after it is used.

It would be interesting to find out if the levels found after these crashes was high enough to render any kind of real incapacitation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted a thread several weeks back. iirc they said pot is now the number 1 "drug" found in a persons system in fatal car crashes.
What is interesting to note is that evidence of pot use stays in one's system for up to months after it is used.

It would be interesting to find out if the levels found after these crashes was high enough to render any kind of real incapacitation.
Stop with the logic, or they will call you a pothead. Rofl!

Eta. Before all y'all WOD warriors call me a pothead I regularly get drug tested so

I just happen to think logically especially when it comes to personal freedoms.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
"Marijuana is one of multiple factors believed to have caused an increase in traffic accidents."

"Insurance Institute for Highway Safety spokesman Russ Rader adds that alcohol impairment remains one of the biggest concerns on the road."

Put me down for a big ol' MEH.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted a thread several weeks back. iirc they said pot is now the number 1 "drug" found in a persons system in fatal car crashes.

One of the big complaints from anti-legalization posters has been that there isn't yet a reliable way to test for actual impairment. So the worry is about cops not being able to test a driver for marijuana impairment, like they can for alcohol.

THC levels do little to tell how impaired someone is. A heavy smoker can smoke a huge joint and be fine, while a new smoker can smoke a little bowl and be gone to the wind.

I'm sure someday they will be able to find out how impaired someone is from marijuana. Simply finding it in their system doesn't mean shit at the moment, though, given how long it stays in one's system.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Drug of Peace Thread
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Drug of Peace Thread
View Quote
I'm pro legalization but that made me LOL.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here you go, little Troll

Do I need to hold your hand and show you the post, too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, then you lose. Thanks for playing.

Here you go, little Troll

Do I need to hold your hand and show you the post, too?
FFS

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]
It shouldn't be suprising that being impaired on anything and operating a vehicle is stupid.  Doesn't matter if it's booze, weed, heroin, pain pills.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pot exclusively or pot in conjunction with alcohol?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top