Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Go to engineering school.  The professor rants I remember were about the evils of non-alcoholic beer and why you don't use pen in your survey field book.

This.  Major in Engineering, get a job after graduation (probably)

Why would anyone right of center spend their money on Postmodern Bullshit classes?

Philosophy and Politics are important but you would probably be better off just buying a bunch of books from Amazon.com than walking into the leftist clusterfuck that is a modern College.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Go to engineering school.  The professor rants I remember were about the evils of non-alcoholic beer and why you don't use pen in your survey field book.

I got rants about the FAA (government orgs in general) ans dismissed early because it was friday and the prof wanted to hit the bars.  

The same professor that I took surveying from told us not to show up on the Friday of homecoming week.  He would be very disappointed with us if we weren't at the bar.  It was a 9:00 am class.  I ran into him drinking with his grad students at noon.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Three hour speedbump. Tell them what they want to hear. Move on.

They win that way.
-K

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you eat during class?   I know what I would be bringing for lunch the next day.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just wrap your wallet in some saran wrap and call it a hungry woman.

She will like that.

I lol'd.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
This early on in the semester, I'd drop the class and e-mail the dumb-fuck professor as to why.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Can you eat during class?   I know what I would be bringing for lunch the next day.

http://www.plateoftheday.com/food_blog/hungryman.gif

This!

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not only is that meal sexist, it is also racist! 'White meat only'

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Argue with her.  I used to argue with those professors.  They usually don't expect it, so their inability to debate exposes their extremely shallow thought process.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This!  

Except scratch out Hungry Man and write "Avaricious Sentient Entity" real big.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell her you wouldn't have to eat a Hungryman frozen dinner if she'd get back in the fucking kitchen where she belongs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just wrap your wallet in some saran wrap and call it a hungry woman.

She will like that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Wow, another libtard hack with nothing substantial to add to society so she complains....big surprise.

Hopefully OP isn't replying to this thread because he has walked out of class and is asking for his fucking money back.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#14]
They should make meals for all the lifestyles just to be fair:

Daddy's Home: meals for the butch lesbian, now with tuna.

The Flamer: Flame broiled beef, also comes with a packet for mixing up a chunky yet creamy protein drink and for dessert a doughnut with real fudge packed in the center.

Pickle Surprise: Tender thin sliced roast beef pictured on the outside of the box, hot dog when you peel back the cover.

Gender Confused Dinners: Meals in plain generic boxes, could be fried chicken and mashed potatoes, could be a mouse sized serving of rice and vegetables, free mirror in every box.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Shit in your pants, and continue to listen.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet if there was a meal out there called Hungry-Mom she would going on about how great it is that one section of the population is being catered to.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tell her there would be no need for 'Hungryman' meals if the women were in the kitchen cooking like they are supposed to.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tell her there would be no need for 'Hungryman' meals if the women were in the kitchen cooking like they are supposed to.

Word for word, what I was thinking.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As you can guess she is a "regressive", and telling us that hungryman frozen meal is sexist, homophobic and that there should be a hungryperson meal instead. Because the hungryman alienates, trans gender, mis gendered, females, hermaphrodite, men with a female brain, and women with a male brain. Not to mention it is a symbol of the corporate machine forcing us to buy their products. The worst part is you cannot disagree because if you do then you are the exact same (homophobic, sexist, etc.) as the people who make the hungryman meal. Ever get the feeling that college would be less regressive then highschool

So she is complaining about TV Dinners....clearly she must have lost her ability to cook for herself.
TV Dinners came about during the start of the Womens Lib Movement. As Women Abandoned the Kitchen
to go hangout, smoke dope and whine about the Patriarchy, Modern Industry stepped in...
and the Hungryman TV Dinner was born!

Tell the Professor that the best way to fight Sexist TV Dinners is for the Woman to leave Private Industry and go back to the Kitchen

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As you can guess she is a "regressive", and telling us that hungryman frozen meal is sexist, homophobic and that there should be a hungryperson meal instead. Because the hungryman alienates, trans gender, mis gendered, females, hermaphrodite, men with a female brain, and women with a male brain. Not to mention it is a symbol of the corporate machine forcing us to buy their products. The worst part is you cannot disagree because if you do then you are the exact same (homophobic, sexist, etc.) as the people who make the hungryman meal. Ever get the feeling that college would be less regressive then highschool

You're being taught by a mentally retarded person.

She does not understand that "hungryMAN" targets a certain demographic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, FINE !!
Then where's my Uncle Jemimah pancakes and syrup ?!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Make sure to compliment her on her very sensible shoes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a sociology class with this batshit crazy feminist.  I decided on the first day when she started spouting her bullshit drivel that I wasn't going to stand for this shit.  Every single class of the year we got into spirited arguments...in some cases people from other classes would poke their heads in to see if one of us was murdering the other.  All the chicks in the class HATED me, and thought I was a chauvinist pig for the first month of class, the other two guys in my class looked at me like a god among men.  It was actually an incredibly fun class, as the teacher very much encouraged the debate.  The entire class got a kick out of it too.  At the end of the class she told me I was the best student she ever had, and was giving me a 100% based just on my participation.  By the end of the class I had been handed phone numbers by 8 chicks too...

This is also the class were I said this in front of 27 women and 3 men "the only reason feminists exist is because they haven't had a real man tell them what to do yet".
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#24]
segmenting, targeting, and positioning FTMFW

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Major in Engineering, get a job after graduation (probably)

Why would anyone right of center spend their money on Postmodern Bullshit classes?

Because they boost your GPA so you can then get into a good law school, and do some real damage once you're done there.

Or so I'm told...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I think I would have raised my hand and when called, said "You're kidding, right?"

I mean that's so over the top and cliched, that I'm half tempted to throw the BS flag.

Next time she rants like this, ask her why gender diversity ideals always seem to denigrate, ignore and marginalize straight men.  After she's done flying off the handle at you about how this society is created by, designed for and controlled by straight white men, tell her that you are being made to feel unwelcome in her class and add something about a hostile learning environment.  Then go drop the class after talking to your ombudsman.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's a way to celebrate gender diversity, not suppress it. OP, what college do you go to?
I'm in highschool

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tell her they tried to make a female version of the dinner but "Fat Bitch" didn't market well.

Sigline material.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell her to STFU and make you a sammich. Post vid of her reaction.

I once stood up to a teacher liker her before, and nearly got expelled. If I do it to her I WILL get expelled.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

BOOM! Headshot!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got rants about the FAA (government orgs in general) ans dismissed early because it was friday and the prof wanted to hit the bars and invited us to come along.  

Although that didn't happen until spring of Junior year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I will give you $100 if you ask her if she will fix you a hungryman and bring you a beer.

Must post video when you ask and she responds.

CVN
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#33]
disagree with her thats what college is about.

of course you will need to have a rational academic discussion and can't call her a retard

they can't fail you for disagreeing.

I got an A on my final in gerontology (old people) for writing a 3 blue book essay on how the sexism of the feminist author of the text book influenced her piss poor application of science.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell her they tried to make a female version of the dinner but "Fat Bitch" didn't market well.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Can't wait to hear her views on frankfurters.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#36]
What is this class?  Is it some kind of requirement?

I had professors who were of every stripe and persuasion and they all had some personal axe to grind with the World.  They were all quite interesting in their own peculiar way.  

Just chalk up Dr. Hungryman to experience.  Ranting about TV Dinners?  I can think of at least a dozen products that are more blatantly sexist than that.  Sex sells.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Want to make her head explode?

Tell her that the "corporate machine" forced you to buy their products like the college you attend forced you to go there. All advertising is coercion... to the weak-minded.

She actually already says that, that society forces us to go to college.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I deal with the same thing in the south. At least up north they don't single you out for being conservative racists who talk slow and used to be slave owners.

My book for this English class actually categorizes "others" as homosexuals, Transgenders, disabled, and southerners.

It considers the "normal American" to be a liberal white person living in the north.

Huzzah! I'm now a protected class. Delightful! I require copious entitlements!

I need the government to send me LaRue products on a monthly basis. To deny me is to betray your CLEAR bias! Or rather "its a Texas thing, you wouldn't understand."

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Can you imagine trying to walk through the check-out stand with a meal called the "Hungry Hermaphrodite"?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I just thought | should point it it out that I'm a senior in highschool, so I technically can't just walkout...(officially)

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Drop the class. It's still pretty early in the semester.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Tell her that you agree totaly and that if your woman put a Hungryman dinner in front of you instead of a home cooked meal you would make her sleep on the floor.....Like Dad does.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

tell her that getting upset about the name of a crappy frozen dinner is a "Rich Person's Problem" and she should "check her priviledge". If that's a person's only food choice, they got other problems to worry about besides the text on the outside of the box.

They love it when you use their zinger language on them.

Oh and also why is she "restricting access" to "ACLU-defended 1st Amendment protected speech" (the name of the food) and that such censorship reminds you of the "failed policies of the George W. Bush administration."

That should get the ol' pulse a-pounding.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Your Teacher is not TRG in full drag with a mullet, is she?

That's Public Schools for you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Funny...I do not remember a Liberal Stupidity 101 class listed in any course catalog I have ever seen...but it has been a while since I was in school.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd like to hear her dissertation on the term "man-boobs".
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Stand up suddenly and grasp your side as if in pain.  Say, "excuse me, but I seem to be missing a rib".
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a woman who's had to listen to similar drivel in college, I share your sentiments. Some women are so over the top it's almost embarrassing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

We'll I'm shure as hell not eating MR Paul's fishsticks.

But you admit you like fish sticks?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Why dont you tell her to shut the fuck up...

...and make you a turkey pot pie?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top