Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Get a grip.

Imbroglio's real name is Bryan Wada, he has been around longer than most, both on the old AR15-List and AR15.com.
View Quote

BINGO!

How come no one else has figured this out yet?????

Come on its kinda easy - [email protected]

1)Do a search for IMBROGLIO

2)View one of his post

3)Click on his profile and what do you see for his email address????????

I remember seeing Brian Wada but haven't seen anyone post under that name for a while so I think most, if not all, of his recent post have been as Imbroglio. Otherwise, who would have time for thousands of post under TWO names.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ok, i'm tired and now i am totally confused, i am going to bed and will try to figure this our in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen the Imbroglio . . . and he is us.

I just came out of hiding  just to put this out there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What in the hell is going on here?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Well well Lucy you got some splainin' to do!

Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen, who discovered the magnetic north pole, reaches the South Pole. First airmail is carried from London to Berkshire. Republic of China founded. Chevrolet Motor Co founded. First Hollywood studios built. Word "Vitamin" used to describe chemicals necessary to diets.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I went back and read the locked depression thread.

Let me say first that my depression is for real, since I could be facing some legal problems (not gun related) in the near future. Combine this with having no income or job, it will destroy me financially. Not knowing what could happen and continually thinking about the worst case is really bringing me down.

I do not, nor ever had a second account on here.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So why was the "depression relief" thread locked??

If it was just because BrianCav shot himself and AntiUSSA is having a hissy-fit about it, well, BrianCav shot himself with a [red]gun[/red] as I recall (go figger!), so by that "logic" this whole site should be shut down.

People get bummed every day, AntiUSSA.  People shoot themselves every day, too.  Deal with it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Combine this with having no income or job, it will destroy me financially. Not knowing what could happen and continually thinking about the worst case is really bringing me down.
View Quote

Whatever happened to your job in fast food and your GAW?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
How did you afford to go to the C.E.S.?

Briton Henry Brearly invents stainless steel. Thomas Edison invents the telephone recorder. Georgia Broadwick becomes the first woman to make a parachute jump.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
If you really are depressed, buy a big bottle of Jack D. and go on a serious bender.

Sometimes when I am feeling really low, I get totally smashed.  When I have the hangover, I realize that how I felt before was nothing in comparison.  A few days after the hangover wears off, I am usually much better.  It may have nothing to do with the booze.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seem to remember hearing some very serious rumors that Imbroglio was Paul.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!

That would mean close to 10,000 posts between the real me and the not-real me (?). Sorry my life sucks but it's certainly better than that!

Really - laughing my butt off!
View Quote

HA. Me too. That would really be a feat!
Who was that guy on GlockTalk that had some 12,000+ posts? [b]WalterGA[/b]somethingorother
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I went back and read the locked depression thread.

Let me say first that my depression is for real, since I could be facing some legal problems (not gun related) in the near future. Combine this with having no income or job, it will destroy me financially. Not knowing what could happen and continually thinking about the worst case is really bringing me down.

I do not, nor ever had a second account on here.

View Quote

Time for an Imbroglio legal defense fund?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
So, Imbro, why would anti say that you do?

I'd be open to hearing more from you.  Please feel free to email me offline if you want.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
DUDE--- GET HELP QUICK !!!!! DIAL 911
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lost my job the beginning of july due to the place going out of business.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't put yourself in chalk, Imbroglio!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I lost my job the beginning of july due to the place going out of business.
View Quote

Aaaahhhh...that's right. The FDCGH's.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How did you afford to go to the C.E.S.?

View Quote

When I plan trips, I do so far in advance and save money up for it. I did also get some money for Christmas. The room cost $99, food probably another $30, $7 for the Comtrex and next to nothing in gambling. $136 total.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Time for an Imbroglio legal defense fund?
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, but I would have to turn it down at this time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
The CES was earlier this month.  You seem to make it there ok.

James Lewis Kraft launches process cheese in Canada. Eugene Sullivan and William Taylor invents Pyrex in New York. Poison gas is used as a weapon in Ypres, Belgium by German forces.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
And Anti's comments?  He should know these things.  Is he lying?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#24]
[size=2]... Image altered to preserve the guilty/innocent.[/size=2]

[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL16/408600/423895/6481512.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd be open to hearing more from you.  Please feel free to email me offline if you want.
View Quote

I have no idea why anti said what he did.

I have said before that my New Year's resolution was to become cynical and that is what I did. Ya sometimes people just don't get it when I am playing devil's advocate, but what can I do? This is the general discussion forum and that means anything short of the forum rules goes here. If one wants to discuss gun related items there are forums for that and I do visit and contribute to sometimes.

Nothing I ever do is focused to a personal attack unless such an attack is first done against me, which happened maybe 3 times in all of the years here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Imbroglio's real name is Bryan Wada, he has been around longer than most, both on the old AR15-List and AR15.com.
View Quote

So is this true?

US astronomer Harlow Shapley discovers the size and shape of the milky way. Electric food mixer is manufactured by Universal Co. Robert Ripley's strip "Believe it or not!" is published in the New York Globe. Germany surrenders to the Allies on 11 November at Compiegne, France.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So is this true?

View Quote

Affirmative.

What else do you want to know?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I admire Imbroglio simply due to the number of postings he has. Only two other members on this thread come close.

Financial troubles are the worst. Yet everybody gets through them, in time. Whatever you do don't buy a bottle of JD and go on a serious bender in your condition.

I think this is my #69 post. Any time is a good time for number 69. Unless your in prison of course.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#29]
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!

That would mean close to 10,000 posts between the real me and the not-real me (?). Sorry my life sucks but it's certainly better than that!

PS: Just to prove it, here a picture of some of my collection. There is a .38 and a 10/22 in there (I think).

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Paul%2FSuper%2520Collection4%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote
[/b]

Hey...most of that hardware doesn't carry the PRK stamp of approval!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#30]
So are you in a union?  I saw you post that you were on a locals out of work list.  Or did you work for World Web Inc.?

Electric hand iron goes on sale in London. The tommy-gun is patented by John T Thompson. First ice cream on a stick is sold by Harry Burt at his Good Humour Bar. Swiss psychiatrist Hermann Rorschach devises "inkblot test."
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So are you in a union?  I saw you post that you were on a locals out of work list.  Or did you work for World Web Inc.?

View Quote

I posted "Unemployed Union Local #556" it was just a spoof on the current situation of everyone seemingly getting the axe at their jobs, just like me.

I never worked for Web World Inc., they are just my isp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#32]
... I just like [b]Imbroglio[/b] because I feel like some day I'll stike up a conversation with my next door neighbor and finally meet him!
(drinkintypin)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you now, or have you ever had [s]been a member of the Communist Party?[/s] a goatee?

Husband-and-wife team De witt Wallace and Lila Acheson launch Reader's Digest. British Egyptologist Howard Carter discovers the tomb of Tutankamun, pharaoh 1316-1322BC. The snowmobile is built by 15-year old Joseph Bombardier in Quebec. The police car, called a bandit-chaser, is launched in Denver, Colorado, using a Cadilac engine.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So is this true?

View Quote

Affirmative.

What else do you want to know?
View Quote

This Bryan Wada?

Subject:  Couple of questions

I have a custom .50 built on a McBros receiver.

Does anyone know of a place that has cases that will
fit a 60.5" gun? I would like a soft case if possible.

Another question is there any way to get this thing
lighter? Barrel fluting? At 35lbs I didn't realize how
dang heavy and cumbersome the gun is. I don't
like taking the thing shooting because it is a pain
hauling it around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I admire Imbroglio simply due to the number of postings he has. Only two other members on this thread come close.
View Quote

So you admire anyone simply based on post count, even though they have spent the better part of 4000+ post moping and whining about only having 2 guns, no women, no job, plucking coins from mall fountains, or wild conspiracy theories they've pulled out their ass?

Wow, you are indeed a man who is difficult to impress.

Personally, I tend to admire the members who contribute meaningfully to the forums, not the whiners and tinfoil hat crackpots.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I think Anti is the one that needs the meds now!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This Bryan Wada?

Subject:  Couple of questions

I have a custom .50 built on a McBros receiver.

Does anyone know of a place that has cases that will
fit a 60.5" gun? I would like a soft case if possible.

Another question is there any way to get this thing
lighter? Barrel fluting? At 35lbs I didn't realize how
dang heavy and cumbersome the gun is. I don't
like taking the thing shooting because it is a pain
hauling it around.

View Quote

I appreciate a man who saves Emails.

First round-the-world flight. First Winter Olympics at Chamonix, Switzerland. Columbia Pictures and MGM founded. Spindryer launched by Kleenex. Caesar Cardini, owner of "Caesar's Palace" in New York invents Caesar salad.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no idea why anti said what he did.

I have said before that my New Year's resolution was to become cynical and that is what I did. Ya sometimes people just don't get it when I am playing devil's advocate, but what can I do? This is the general discussion forum and that means anything short of the forum rules goes here. If one wants to discuss gun related items there are forums for that and I do visit and contribute to sometimes.

Nothing I ever do is focused to a personal attack unless such an attack is first done against me, which happened maybe 3 times in all of the years here.
View Quote

Well, given that it's Tim, it's true that it could mean anything.  

Sometimes you do more than play the devil's advocate, and come on very strong at times.  The fact that it's *not* personal is irksome at times, and comes across aloof and condescending.  This seems different, though I do remain somewhat skeptical.  

My offer remains.  Either way, I hope you get what you need.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I appreciate a man who saves Emails.

View Quote

Actually it wasn't a email, but the result of a google search for "Bryan Wada":

[url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/50BMG/message/498[/url]

Or, maybe he is the idaho patato farmer Bryan Wada:

[url]http://www.wadafarms.com/marketing/people/Bryan.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#40]
It's gotta be the tater farmer - Go to the sight and hover over the picture that says Bryan Wada next to it.  Holding over it says Brian Johnson - LOL

Red double-decker busses enter service in London. In-flight movie offered by German airline. Walter P Chrysler founded vehicle company. Frisbee is invented - by Yale students, using empty plates used to hold pies from the Frisbie Baking Company.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey, I bet this is the GAW he used to always talk about.

[url]http://www.wadafarms.com/marketing/people/Lori.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#43]
    What is your people's problem?  Has it ever occured to you that there is someone in the world who knows more about ARs than you, who makes less money than you, who gets less women than you, is more libertarian than you, and more sarcastic than you?

And AR15fan, what is your problem?  First you post what car he drives, which has absolutely nothing to do with ARs or this forum, and then you post his real name, which again has absolutely nothing to do with ARs or this forum.  What exactly are you trying to do?  If you knew his home address and his route to work, you would probably post that too.

Forgive me, I am just a dumb bloke from Belle Vernon, and I've heard a lot of stories about you LAPD types, but this is too much.  How would you like it if someone spied on you, so he could post the car you drived, the general area you lived in, your name, and whatever else you have posted that I have not seen?

The rest of you people have issues as well.  Here's a guy who's been around longer than most of y'all combined, he says he's depressed, and you sling insults.

I know what it's like to have no money.  I know what it's like to have no food.  I know what it's like to have no women.  I know what it's like to have my guns taken.  I know what it's like to lose my job.  I know what it's like to be ambushed by legal trouble.  And you make fun and hurl insults?

I was shootin' at a range near my house just two days ago.  Bunch of IDPA chaps there, shooting their $12,000 guns.  Makin' fun of me 'cause all I got is $12 guns.  I forgot my stand and I asked them if I could borrow two pieces of their wood, for they had a whole stack.  Of course they say no and tell me I am disturbing them.

Y'all should take a look in the mirror and be ashamed.  Just because you got your fancy high paying jobs and a dozen guns doesn't mean those on the lower end are wasting your air.  Just because you have your fancy degrees and high-paying jobs doesn't mean the rest of society is any less human.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#44]
    Imbroglio posts a lot complaining about his personal affairs as well as political stuff.  So?  I am sure you folks have opinions on politics as well, and let me tell you, being poor and having no guns and women is a worthy situation to complain about.  Just ask my buddies, I pester 'em with my woes all the time.

However, if you would do a search and read a forum other than "General," you would see that he has also provided a lot of help and information on nitty gritty AR information, when no one else felt like replying.  Guy helped me out, that's for sure.  I wouldn't be shootin' if it t'weren't for Imbroglio.  I came to AR15.com before I ever started shooting and asked some questions, and this guy is the only guy who ever helped me out.  Didn't laugh at me 'cause I didn't have much money or because I was hopeless and didn't know what I was doing.  I asked him what a 'jag' was, and he didn't make fun of me, treat me like a 3 year old, or call me a nonexistant 'spoof'.  Certainly didn't sling insults my way.

Now y'all are doing your fancy searches under the information the AR15fan kindly provided.  What are you, stalkers?  When you see the car AR15fan says he drives, you going to follow him home?  By the numbers, I will never "succeed" in life as much as you folks.  I won't have a dozen guns, I won't know the intracacies of the differences between 12.5215 and 12.6216 grains of Jim Bob powder, but when I die I at least can I say that I did not despise those at a lower station than myself, and therefore better served my life as a human being.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:45:15 AM EDT
[#45]
WOW.. YOU GUYS ARE VICIOUS. Do we reallyhave to know all that. Imb keeps me laughing. And if he is depressed, that sucks! If he isn't or not real... who cares. I bet there is someone in that situation and it could help them.

..... ooops sorry, I will just go back to work now [:\]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!

PS: Just to prove it, here a picture of some of my collection. There is a .38 and a 10/22 in there (I think).

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Paul%2FSuper%2520Collection4%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote
[/b]

Hey...most of that hardware doesn't carry the PRK stamp of approval!
View Quote

[:O] I'm jealous
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Husband-and-wife team De witt Wallace and Lila Acheson launch Reader's Digest.
View Quote

Dean Acheson's sister???
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Spindryer launched by Kleenex.
View Quote

Now THAT is interesting.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Look at this picture in Imbro's Album! Hilliarious!

[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fblmpic%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is your people's problem?  Has it ever occured to you that there is someone in the world who knows more about ARs than you, who makes less money than you, who gets less women than you, is more libertarian than you, and more sarcastic than you?
View Quote

no WAY, dude!  absolutely not.  well, except the womenz thing.  [;D]  what was that you were saying about more sarcastic than me????????

And AR15fan, what is your problem?  
View Quote

probably same problem i have with the whole situation.  people don't like being duped.  even in fun, if it goes on and on and on.  sure, most people have learned to take what imbrog says in GD with grain of salt.  but the constant truth-bending and reality-distorting gets to be quite old.  it ceased being funny to me after about the hundredth time i'd seen his self-pitying posts.

i should add before you jump down my throat that i feel for the guy if his situation is as dire as he makes it out to be (depressed, financial/legal troubles).  but you can only cry wolf so many times before people stop coming to your defense, or even your side.

bottom line:  the Imbroglio persona is just a glorified troll in GD IMO.  i mean no disrespect, and i pass no judgements on the guy himself.  on the rare occassion he can be funny.  but i give little credit to his GD posts.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top