Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No offense to you Virginians, but rg00's attitude is EXACTLY what our problem is.  "Hey, let them all in and that will cure everything."  What pipe have you been smoking out of pal?  You obviously have NO IDEA what goes on down on the the SW border!  Sure let them all in.  Does that include the the criminals which invariably accompany the lettuce pickers?  I want cheap produce as much as the next guy.  But if that means turning our heads to the fucking cholos and assorted rifraf that accompany them, forget it!  Right now all the INS cares about is keeping IA's from entering in areas where the general public can witness it.  Creates lower property values don't ya know.  They couldn't give a rat's ass how many cross through the desert and mountains out of view from the everyday citizen.  Guess what?  The bad guys cross too.  The solution is to untie the hands of the officers working the border.  Start busting businesses that employ IA's and arrest the IA's violating our CURRENT immigration laws.  Just because "Paco the Taco" is picking fruit during the day doesn't mean he isn't engaged in alternative forms of income on his off time.  You have no idea what he's doing.  Afterall he doesn't exist in the system.  We don't even need the military on the border.  O'Reilly advocates this because he assumes that current immigration law is being enforced to the best of the INS's abilities.  WRONG!!!  Do you know what the INS's pursuit policy is?  Let me enlighten you.  If the suspect is obeying all traffic laws you may continue pursuit unless they fail to yield.  Then you must pull over or turn around and let them go.  If they start speeding, or as they often do, drive into oncoming traffic, you are to pull over immediately and let the perpetrator go.  REGARDLESS OF THE OFFENSE.  They could be a known child molester and as far as the INS is concerned you had better 10/3 the pursuit if they break even one traffic law.  In heavily populated areas this policy may have some validity, but this is the policy in even the most remote of areas.

This is just ONE example of how the INS "enforces" immigration law.  The list goes on and on.  People had better start wising up and demanding that INS enforce our immigration laws.  If not, then TAKE THEM OFF OF THE BOOKS!  This hypocracy is asinine.  Fuck selective enforcement.  Let's either do it, or don't do it.  But let's at least be honest about it.

MG
View Quote

Pardon me?  

Did you read the whole post?  I want to end immigration, it's just that the tactic you're using ain't working.  It never will work.  Things in Mexico need to improve before illegal immigration will end.  How is the INS going to enforce our immigration laws when there are MILLIONS of people entering and exiting this country every year?  Do you actually think about what you are writing?

It's jackasses like you who are the problem.  You want to keep doing the same things [b]that aren't working[/b] somehow thinking that they might work in the future.  After you get your head out of the sand and join the rest of the sentient world maybe you could give a serious argument, but until that occurs you'll just be blowing hot air.

"Do what you will,
just think before typing."    
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
You're blaming traffic on developers!  The IA is her to stay because Americans don't do their chores, and will pay the lowest bidder.  I see my neighbors!  They don't do their own yardwork or cleaning, childcare, etc.  I live ON THE BORDER and I see there's NO enforcement east of San Diego, WE ALREADY HAVE AN OPEN BORDER!  They just have to curcumvent the sometimes open/sometimes closed two interior checkpoints, "No problema!".  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top