User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I am actually surprised not ONE person parachuted to safety. A base jumper friend of mine who worked their in the 80s/90s had one in his office. He was no longer working there on 9/11.

Even if you did have one - if you're not wearing it you have to be able to get to it and put it on.

Not much of a problem in most office scenarios.

Unless there's an exploding plane between you (at the water cooler) and your office.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am actually surprised not ONE person parachuted to safety. A base jumper friend of mine who worked their in the 80s/90s had one in his office. He was no longer working there on 9/11.

Even if you did have one - if you're not wearing it you have to be able to get to it and put it on.

Unless there's an exploding plane between you (at the water cooler) and your office.

the even more fucked scenario is if the rop thing works, then youll have ppl crowding the rope and fighting to get down it and yea..

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have probably died trying to find a way down. Disassembling the floor, rappelling outside the building to a safe floor?

Now that I know about 911, If I worked in a high rise I would keep my 300ft rope and rappeling harnes in my office for sure.

You forgot about your parachute, that would be way better then a rappelling set up

After 9/11, someone a company tried to market parachutes for high-rise office workers:

http://www.dropzone.com/gear/articles/PersonalParachutesTheEth.shtml

I'm surprised that CTD hasn't done that
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, not likely in most office scenarios. The plane took out entire floors, it did not surgically insert itself between the water cooler and your desk. if you survived the crash, you most likely could get to your desk, where presumably you kept it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What happens if somebody tries to jump your parachute as you float/fall away?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What angers me the most about 9/11 is the PC bullshit and censorship of the proper emotions anyone who cares about the United States or its people should feel. It's even infected this site. So-called "patriots" who are afraid to say what should be said.

10 years later and we have an Arab in the White House and everyone's too afraid to offend a bunch of ass-backwards savages who would kill you regardless of how careful you are to not offend them. Yes, the hijackers of 9/11 got their way. Mission accomplished for them.

I'm still angry and bitter about it and everyone else should be too.  

Plenty of anger and bitterness here, brother.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty difficult to say what I would do in that situation from my comfortable computer chair and the peace and quiet surrounding me at the moment.

All I know is that I would fight like hell for my life, and that I could never pass judgement on the people who chose to jump out of the building.

That particular aspect of 9/11 is one of the most painful things to ponder, for me anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What happens if somebody tries to jump your parachute as you float/fall away?

If you're asking what happens if someone without a chute jumps on your canopy - yours collapses as they fall through.

If you're asking what happens if someone with an open chute is above you and lands on your canopy - they need to run the fuck off the side as theirs is collapsing, then you get to play the leapfrog game to the ground (which means one of you is fucked if you're between 2 buildings as there isn't room to get away from each other).

Watch the middle pair - they didn't leapfrog, they just tangled each other up until the bottom - then you can see one canopy re-open;

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top