Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy looks more like a movie villain from a b super hero movie .

I would think the marbles are used to cause the prep to lose their footing.  

Quoted:

Oh my god I just fucking lost it I can't stop laughing, this guy is part of the XJL.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XMHDTnoGOmA/TS86HCcQuhI/AAAAAAAAAhs/r1IQbx_wRiw/s400/urbana.jpg

get ready for it

Operates out of: San Diego, CA

Group affiliation: Xtreme Justice League

Activities
: Night crime patrols, hand outs

Equipment
: Flashlights, handcuffs,  marbles, multi-tools, pepper spray, rescue knife, stun gun, zip ties

Quote: "Primarily I am a crime fighter but I believe in helping out wherever and whenever I possibly can. The world cannot change if we do not contribute somewhere. The mask means nothing if the man behind it does not act." -from Urban Avenger's Real Life Superheroes wiki page

Holy crap.... hahahha, marbles, I can just see this guy throwing marbles at someone hahahaha

http://heroesinthenight.blogspot.com/

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No capes!

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody here remembers Curtis Sliwa and the Guardian Angels?

Not too different of a concept really.

Both are doing way more about crime than 99% of those with huge gun collections and home invasion shootout fantasies.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both are doing way more about crime than 99% of those with huge gun collections and home invasion shootout fantasies.

Yeah no shit. I applaud them, the way they are going about it is goofy but it's the thought that counts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Exactly what popped into my head too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Exactly what popped into my head too.

I remember the commercials before it came out that was a part of that scene. It was cut from the movie.

Edna basically said, "No capes! You don't want to end up like Isadora Duncan."

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]

The guy on the far right is imaginatively named "Super Hero"

http://reallifesuperheroes.org/wiki/index.php?title=Superhero

Uniform/Costume

* Level III Bulletproof vest with steet plates

Accessories

* Arma-100
   * ASP Baton
   * Bear Mace
   * Level 3 & 4 Body Armor
   * HiPoint C-9 Pistol

Vehicle

* 1975 Corvette Stingray

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah no shit. I applaud them, the way they are going about it is goofy but it's the thought that counts.

Unfortunately, in the Real World...   the Road to Hell is paved with countless of these good intentions.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it me or are these guys obviously suffering from a mental disorder? If they want to fight street crime all they have to do is posse up,  kit up and drive to the 'hood and video tape street corners frequented by drug dealers.

On a side note why don't these guys wear a lot more kevlar and carry tasers? Or at least go in to full Darth Bauer Punisher mode? If they are going to act like bat sh!t crazy fools they should just go full retard.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=120689937961942&set=a.120689817961954.12185.120685754629027

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No plans on ever going to CA again.

No need, there are guys like these in most major cities in America.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Sounds like one of them there militias I keep hearing about.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No plans on ever going to CA again.

No need, there are guys like these in most major cities in America.

Should ARFCOM sponsor one of the teams? Open carry of body armor and firearms is legal in most places.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Lol, GD takes on crime!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#14]
We should all start up our own super hero group
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
considering that the police are not obliged to protect people it seems like a perfectly respectable thing for citizens to want to fill that gap and try to protect those that cant protect themselves.

does it take a little crazy?  I am sure.  Is it an honorable thing to do? In principle I would say yes.

Exactly.  There's a guy in Seattle named Phoenix Jones.  His self-proclaimed mission is to break up fights, help the homeless, walk people to their cars at night, and a lot of other things that most of the good people on Arf would do too.  The only difference is that he's trying to draw attention that this is your civic duty, and everyone should also be doing it.

Also, if you own a SINGLE piece of tactical gear, you have nothing to laugh about.  =)
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lol, GD takes on crime!

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, if you own a SINGLE piece of tactical gear, you have nothing to laugh about.  =)

I have trouble drawing a connection between a functional piece of load bearing equipment vs. neon spandex.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah?  Well,––- if you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Isn't it funny how super heroes look bad ass on TV but in real life when people dress in tights and capes it just makes you lol so hard?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Only in Cali!!!

There is one in downtown Seattle. He got his nose broken in a fight a few days ago.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#22]
They have been watching too much of the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

At least the guys in the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes openly carried guns. I doubt you could do that in San Diego today.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I knew California would turn into Japan one day
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone else but me remember "Captain Sticky" from the '70's in San Diego?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Checking out the webpage, I rost on this one:

Super Gay

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He may sound a little Crazy, but if you can put up a big show most of the little bad guys will stay home.

Hope they do not run into someone as crazy a s them on the other side.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I heard that is going to become the new uniform for the military.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Only in Cali!!!

You should see if the Shadow Hare is still active in Cinci, and I believe there is a guy out in Denver too...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#31]
My plans to commit crime in California have been stopped dead in their tracks.  Damn you SuperHeroes!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We should all start up our own super hero group

no... Super Villian!

muhahahhaahahahhaahhahahahahhhahhahah
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Until they have firearms and know how ans when to use them, its just attention whoring.

"LOOK AT ME!!! I've got a COSTUME ON!!! Now I'm a SUPER HERO!!!!"

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's gotta be DrSalee.

Damn !  Keep that on the down-low !

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I read an artical about some ''real super heroes'' in fla i think. Basically they lived in a shit neighbor got tired of the crime etc and decided to dress up and play superhero. Basically they patrolled the streets narked on drug deals/prostitures, helped people who were getting mugged, get people off the streets etc. From what i remember they made home made weapons but had no real guns. taser or anything. Supposedly they were actually doing a good job so hey wtvr works.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Haley is cute!!!

Yeah she was also walking home (most likely drunk) at 3am in not the greatest part of town.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Checking out the webpage, I rost on this one:

Super Gay

http://reallifesuperheroes.org/wiki/images/2/2b/Supergay.jpg

no crook wants to get beat up by that guy!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I love his "Bullet proof vest"  hope the guy who shoots at him is only using AirSoft...

I give them a week till one of them are seriously hurt.

Actually they've been around awhile; I read about this last year. I think one of them has already had his ass kicked.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8508/superheroes.jpg

The guy on the far right is imaginatively named "Super Hero"

http://reallifesuperheroes.org/wiki/index.php?title=Superhero

Uniform/Costume

* Level III Bulletproof vest with steet plates

Accessories

* Arma-100

* ASP Baton

* Bear Mace

* Level 3 & 4 Body Armor

* HiPoint C-9 Pistol

Vehicle

* 1975 Corvette Stingray

Isn't that Bruce Willis?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#40]
My day is blown.  I just found the Real Life Superheros' Registry.  

http://registry.reallifesuperheroes.org/
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#41]
so. fucking. in.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#42]

You know this Dude has to have SN here somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Tons O' Fun (aka Crossfire)

[

From his rambling blog entry I believe Tons O' Fun may have once been a low count poster.  
Crossfire stops attempted murder
Posted by RLSHwebmaster On October - 7 - 2010

Crossfire the Crusader
Blog report from Crossfire
Just got home from the police station…Heres the story
I was not in gimmick – I was in bed trying to catch a nap before work tonight. I grabbed a pair of shorts as I ran for the door and responded. I told Silver that I was in my Submariner costume.
Earlier this week my neighbor was attacked by her ex boyfriend and we were afraid he would come back to try again so we’ve been on guard. The ex boyfriend hid in the building that time and attacked them when they came home. Tonight he got into their apartment somehow and waited for them there. He was in their shower with the knife when they arrived home. He sat there for hours with his knife watching for them to come home tonight.
I had just drifted off when I heard a commotion outside my door. I grabbed a pair of shorts and my nightstick and ran out the door. I could hear fighting from the room across the hall. The downstairs neighbor came running up and I told him to call the police. I banged on the door with the nightstick and the young lady opened the door. She had been cut on the hand and was covered in blood. She shouted “Help us!” and pointed to the living room.
I ran in and found her boyfriend struggling with her ex boyfriend who had an eight inch knife. They were half on the couch with the knife between them and the blade was between the boyfriends shirt and his skin. The boyfriendwas holding the blade away from him and had the ex pinned to the couch with his bodyweight.
I stuck the nightstick between the blade and the man’s chest and ordered the ex boyfriend to release the knife. He refused and I told him several more times. I noticed that he had released his grip on the blade a little and asked the girlfriend to grab the knife if she could get it. He tightened his grip and I moved the nightstick and put it to his forehead and told him “let it go NOW!”
He dropped the knife and we wrestled him to the floor and held him there until the police arrived.
When the police arrived the neighbors told them that the superhero stopped him…they said I was going to trade my clown suit in for a cape. (None of them know about Crossfire yet…LOL)
The perp has been arrested and the young lady is safe once again.
I got a good laugh at the station as I heard the perp telling the officers how the fat guy with the bat took his knife away.
That’s the story and now Im dealing with an adrenaline hangover…and I gotta get ready for work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#44]
This.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I call Punisher.  Has Punisher been taken yet?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Stretchy pants.... sometimes you wear them, but just for fun
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#47]
MOTORMOUTH BRAVES NIGHT OF HELL

Fearless Adventurer

The After-Action Report (Best read in the voice of Martin Sheen)

- Once darkness fell over Oakland, the riot police finally made their move to start taking back the city. My 2 fellow RLSH’s & myself then went to work, weaving in & out of alleys and side streets, attempting to get ahead of the riot squads. We came across some Black Bloc anarchists attempting to break into an ice rink & luckily our very presence made them think twice. Finally we poured out onto Telegraph, which had people running here & there with burning cars and dumpsters littered in the streets. We fell upon alleyway connecting Broadway to Telegraph with a 19th Street subway station entrance in the middle. A group of African-American youths were there, having taken a 4X4 with nails in it they were using as a make-shift battering ram to bash in the side window of what appeared to be a bar. We rushed up on them, weapons out. The second I sparked my Electro Knuckles & screamed “Get the FUCK out of here”, they quickly got lost down Broadway.

- At this point, we finally could see the madness unfolding at the end of the alley on Broadway. Smoke from fires filled the air, people were running in every direction, explosions could be heard here and there. We come to the end of the alley & suddenly there’s an explosion from around the corner. Out of the smoke pouring out of the building, a monstrous woman comes running out with tons of weaves/hair extensions yelling “Hey ________look, I got all the weaves, bitches!” then ran off down the street amongst the fires. That’s when Hell-Hound & myself noticed a young black woman drenched in blood on the ground. We picked her up and dragged her into the alley. Hell-Hound got out some of his medical equipment, first starting the wipe the bleeding wound from over her eyebrow with alcohol wipes from KFC. Suddenly Citizen Change & myself looked around corner, we heard 3 loud firing shots, and saw tear gas grenades in mid-flight. The riot police were gaining ground and on the move, directly towards us. I sent Citizen Change to the other end of the alley to see if the coast was clear at all then I looked at Hell-Hound & asked “Can we move her?”. He replied back “I’m not sure, why?”, at which point I said “Cause we’re moving her NOW!”. We picked her up under her arms quickly taking her to the end of the alley when we ran directly into another riot squad on Telegraph. We put our free hands in the air to give the sign of surrender, asking the police if they could help the young woman with medical aid. A white police officer look the young black woman over, looked back at me, then said “Not my problem. You have feet so go walk 3 miles that way to Highland General”. At this point, we luckily came across a street medic (part of the peaceful protesters, I assumed). He took over taking care of the young woman for us & we were back on our way, away from the riot squads & back again after the looters and trouble-makers of the night.

- Weaving in & out of burning trash cans and dumpsters, we made our way behind a fast food resturant. We crouched down, downing what water we had available & trying to get our bearings to formulate a game plan. Some protesters came & hid with us which is when we noticed a glow of sorts coming off of their faces. We looked behind us & a couple of dumpsters and a car were lit on fire in the back of the parking lot for the fast food joint. We realized the riot squads were quickly gaining ground so we booked it, heading down Grand Ave towards Lake Meritt.

- We merged into a massive ground (approx. 200 + people) on the intersection of Grand & Franklin. A young black man with a 10 speed bike started saying next to us “Damn, I wanna get a fuckin’ drink”, staring at the bar on the corner. Him & 2 young women started for the door of the bar, at which point the bar owner shut & locked the door. The young black man then went around the building and started slamming his 10 speed into the bar’s giant main window, all to the horror of the bar owner & his 10 or so patrons inside. That’s when my 2 brave RLSH’s and myself sprung into action. We whipped out all the weapons we had (Change with his standard tazer, Hell-Hound with his 2 shivs, & myself with my Electro Knuckle and my riot pepper spray) and thrust out way against the window, all the while screaming for people to get away as we sparked our electrical devices. The crowd jumped back as we held our ground, with all of them staring at us with their fists balled and seeming to want our blood for us stopping their “fun”. As people started throwing things at us & the riot squads in the distance slowly came closer, Citizen Change jumped the street’s center divide to ward off would be looters from attempting to break into a resturant. As the angry mob in front of the bar started heading down the street, Hell-Hound & myself went to go back up Citizen Change. Suddenly an explosion around the corner and dozens of people were diving into a sake store. A freelance photographer & a reporter started trying to speak to us, asking who we were working with and what not when I noticed out of my peripheral vision that some of the angry mob from before were lobbing giant bottles of sake at us. We pulled the photographer & the reporter aside to their safety as the crowd took off down the street. The female reporter started asking Hell-Hound questions when he simply flashed his Pacific Protectorate badge at her. She gave a puzzled look which is when I yelled “Dude, not everybody understands and we have shit to do. Come on!” at which point we jetted down the street. We ran past a riot squad when I heard one of them yell “Hey, I think that guy has a gun” (in the dark, they mistook my pepper spray canister for a firearm). They flashed a light over but we kept going after the mob of looters & rioters.

- Once we reached the next block, we paused for a second. A second later, 5 or so unmarked cop cars swooped up upon us, drawing their guns and yelling “Get on the ground and put your hands out!”. We dropped to the ground immediately, following all instructions given to us. A female officer dug her knee into my back & put handcuffs upon me, helping me up to then stand. She then brought me over to a cop that seemed to be in charge, he said “Throw the big guy into the car. We don’t need shit from him”, and I was placed into the back of a squad car (keep in mind that Miranda rights were never once read to me nor was I told what I was being held for). I helplessly watched as Hell-Hound & Citizen Change were being handcuffed and sat up while the Oakland Police went through all of their belongings. After long while, they pulled me out & put me on the back hood of the squad car. While they were going through my belongings, a fat white police officer started telling me that they were going to charge me with Possession Of A Deadly Weapon (my Electro Knuckles). I immediately started reciting California State Penal Code on stun devices & weapons (with my Electro Knuckles being one of the legal ones). He was stunned and shut up then gave me a dirty look & shoved me back into the squad car. I watched as the photographer from earlier pleaded our case with the police, at which point they released Hell-Hound & Citizen Change then a minute later, the same fat white police officer opened the door next to me and asked “Do you want to go home or to jail?”. I replied “Home obviously” at which him & another officer helped me out of the squad car, un-cuffed me, gave me my belongings, and sent me on my way.

- After catching up with Hell-Hound & Citizen Change, we walked to the western edge of Lake Meritt & relaxed with some water and cigaretes. [I applauded the both of them for their fine work in the field that night, at which point they thanked me for my ability to lead them through what seemed like Hell on Earth.   We hugged each other, gave each other high fives, walked to the Lake Meritt subway station near Laney College and as they caught the train home to San Francisco, I walked to my vehicle about 6 city blocks away or so.

- Upon arrival to my vehicle, I realized that I head left my headlights on from earlier and that my battery was dead! Luckily, I had parked in front of The Haz Mat Warehouse & an old friend of mine walked out. He took pity of sorts upon my situation, welcomed me indoors, and I relaxed with his roommates & himself for a bit. Not long after, I went back out to my vehicle to fall asleep with my pillow & blanket so I could get a jump for my car battery in the morning.

Well there you have it, folks. That’s my story. We went to Oakland, we defended it’s businesses, we protected it’s people, and were bold in what we did. The Bay is our home and we stood our ground for it.
- MM

I'm fucking spent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#48]
In.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Someone called?

Oh shit, I'm not Team anymore, I don't have an avatar.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I remember them.

Good for them being willing to make their own community a better place.

BigDozer66

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top