Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
all this talk is making me Paranoid. I want my kids to be able to enjoy AR's like me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I would dispose of my ammunition
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it becomes illegal to possess?

You can't legally take it out and shoot it, if you move it becomes a huge liability, If the cops ever enter your home during an emergency you're fucked.

It's useless at that point. Utterly fucking useless except for "fighting the man".

All of which is true, but useless implies that it has no use whatsoever.

In reality, none of us know what we're going to do in such a situation until one arises. I hope to never see that day in my lifetime.

I understand where you are coming from. Dont take this the wrong way, but how old are you? The reason I ask is this, I was here for the 86 ban and I had things that were banned in the 94 ban. We all said "from my dead cold fingers" but when push came to shove, no body did anything. The stuff I had durring the 94 ban was a constant worry. I couldnt use it because the risk of taking it out of my house was too much.

so they just sat at your place? and when you said no body did anything you talking about you never heard of stories where the cops "found a stash of icky guns"

No, I mean every one was talking revolution but nobody FOed
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't legally take it out and shoot it, if you move it becomes a huge liability, If the cops ever enter your home during an emergency you're fucked.

It's useless at that point. Utterly fucking useless except for "fighting the man".

In reality, none of us know what we're going to do in such a situation until one arises. I hope to never see that day in my lifetime.

I understand where you are coming from. Dont take this the wrong way, but how old are you? The reason I ask is this, I was here for the 86 ban and I had things that were banned in the 94 ban. We all said "from my dead cold fingers" but when push came to shove, no body did anything. The stuff I had durring the 94 ban was a constant worry. I couldnt use it because the risk of taking it out of my house was too much.

Why was the stuff during the 94 ban a constant worry? Were there Federal agents trolling the streets, asking for your papers? Most of what I've heard of the AWB is that it was usually just an add-on charge to something more serious, and never used as a standalone reason for throwing someone in jail. And to answer your question: No, I was not old enough for the '94 ban to affect me. Which is why I said what I did in the last line of my last post.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
This time I dont think they will be so nice...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
That list will never happen
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That list will never happen

whats your facts?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even have it then?  The 94 ban was toothless, and anything that was around before it took effect was grandfathered anyway.  Why would one go through the trouble of assembling a non-compliant gun during the ban when 1) you didn't have to sacrifice any real utility to remain compliant and 2) it was only a 10 year ban that EVERYONE knew wasn't going to be renewed as soon as the first post-ban election so pre-ban guns never really demanded that much of a premium anyway.  

I could see why one would want to own a non-compliant firearm just as a means of "sticking it to the man", but what's the point if you're 1) not going to use it to make a political statement, and 2) the type of person who's going to be constantly worried about it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The Chinese came and took my guns...go look over there
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

May your chains rest lightly.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even have it then?  The 94 ban was toothless, and anything that was around before it took effect was grandfathered anyway.  Why would one go through the trouble of assembling a non-compliant gun during the ban when 1) you didn't have to sacrifice any real utility to remain compliant and 2) it was only a 10 year ban that EVERYONE knew wasn't going to be renewed as soon as the first post-ban election so pre-ban guns never really demanded that much of a premium anyway.  

I could see why one would want to own a non-compliant firearm just as a means of "sticking it to the man", but what's the point if you're 1) not going to use it to make a political statement, and 2) the type of person who's going to be constantly worried about it.

the new ban they want to make it so you cant grandfather your guns..... Hope that never happens...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the new ban they want to make it so you cant grandfather your guns..... Hope that never happens...

It won't, they wanted to do the same thing in '94 but that idea was quickly shut down.  The government knows it has no chance to enforce a confiscatory ban (without even considering the constitutional issue of seizing property without reasonable compensation).

ETA:  BTW, your argument has nothing to do with the content of my post.  It was a question directed at 5robert25 about why he would even acquire a non-compliant firearm during the '94 ban.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Obamas gun ban list

Scroll down a bit and read...

Wondering if you think this might go thru and if it does would you dispose of your gun or register it and turn it over to the authorities?

FUCK no.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm just going to keister my guns.  I suggest everyone do the same, that will show them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have said this twice now on the same page without providing facts or substantial evidence supporting this claim and are coming off as an alarmist broken record. Enlighten me please.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have said this twice now on the same page without providing facts or substantial evidence supporting this claim and are coming off as an alarmist broken record. Enlighten me please.

It's going to happen dude. Start panic buying now!

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving brother.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
<snip>

I'm pretty sure the second one was a delayed double tap (see how the text is identical).  Cut him some slack.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He might be referring to them making guns/mags non transferable.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm just going to keister my guns.  I suggest everyone do the same, that will show them.

Good idea...then nobody will want your shitty guns
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um no idea why my post doubled... so sorry. Dianne Feinstein said somewhere in one of her CA speeches about Not allowing grandfathering. or something like that. I digress because i cant find the facts for you. Have a good Thanksgiving sir.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea...then nobody will want your shitty guns

Well played sir.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's going to happen dude. Start panic buying now!

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving brother.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well brother!

Panic buying? Already in full swing bud. Taking full advantage of some smoking deals right now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<snip>
Um no idea why my post doubled... so sorry. Dianne Feinstein said somewhere in one of her CA speeches about Not allowing grandfathering. or something like that. I digress because i cant find the facts for you. Have a good Thanksgiving sir.

I'm pretty sure last time ('94) she was saying that she would have preferred a confiscatory ban, but didn't have the votes.  I'm willing to bet two years Bronze membership against the first one who will take it that she can't get the votes for a confiscatory ban in the next two years.  The second such a bill even made it through committee there would be a massive flood of letters, emails, and phone calls that no congress critter who wants to keep their seat would dare vote for it.  Public support for gun control has been decreasing, not increasing, over the last two decades.

Hell, I doubt the dems can get the votes for ANY new legislative firearms restrictions in the next two years, but not to the point of risking money on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck Generalissimo Zero, tragic boating accident, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will register mine.

As long as there is a way to be legal, I will.

Apparently, history has taught you nothing about this thing called incrementalism.

I beleive that mccarthy (fuck that crusty old hag) actually asked once: "Why can't we make reasonable incremental changes to our firearms laws?"
See, they WANT to do this incrementally!  Shit, they've BEEN DOING IT INCREMENTALLY FOR YEARS!  Lets take a look at a few huh?

1934, National Firearms Act: This reasonable incremental change sought to control criminal mobsters by requiring non-criminal non-mobster law abiding citizens who don't break the law to register their short barrel shotguns/rifles and machine-guns.  Machine guns and short barrel shotguns/rifles still theoretically legally obtainable, though requiring a tax stamp worth about $3,450 ($200 adjusted for inflation to 1934 dollars)
In a shocking surprise, the mafia ignores this law along with the laundry list of other laws they're already ignoring.

Gun Control Act of 1968: Established the FFL system, prohibits those 18 from legally possessing a handgun or purchasing a rifle/shotgun, prohibits those under 21 from purchasing a handgun, establishes the "sporting purpose" clause which bans imports of anything with too many politically incorrect features or handguns which are too small or too simple, and establishes laws requiring serial numbers and penalizing their displacement.
One (the only?) positive aspect of this law is that it establishes a list of prohibited persons, preventing hard core criminals and anyone else who happens to commit a felony from getting a firearm.
Curiously, simply being suited for one, several, or even all possible sporting purposes is not considered grounds to pass the sporting purpose test.

Firearm Owners Protection Act, 1986: Closes the machine gun registry to new machine guns, with only a few very complicated and expensive exceptions, thus protecting law abiding firearm owners from...Something, somehow.  Also establishes a "Safe Passage" provision, however, this seems to be quite often ignored by states which don't like it (New York, etc) without any consequences.  Also expands the list of prohibited persons to include certain misdemeanors as well as anyone dishonorably discharged from the military.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban, 1994: Broad ban on the manufacture, conversion, import, etc of firearms which have scary features, including: pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, threads, barrel shrouds, stocks which fold or adjust for length of pull (AKA 'collapsing' or 'telescoping'), grenade launchers, shoulder things that go up, magazines/clips/feeding devices that are too big, magazines/clips/feeding devices that are attached in politically incorrect places, or semi-automatic adaptations of full-auto firearms.  (And probably semi-automatic firearms for which full-auto adaptations exist)

In another unexpected twist of fate, this law only effects law abiding citizens, and has no effect on criminals who don't follow the law.  In fact, we call them "criminals" specifically because they don't follow the law.

Other titles include "Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act" although the bill did nothing to improve public safety and skull-fucked the recreational use of firearms.

I'm sure we're going to see both massive bans and small "reasonable and incremental" changes to the law in the future.  If the ban on everything that isn't a flintlock musket fails, maybe they'll try a ban on "Clips that hold more than 30 rounds".  They'll get on TV to tell the world that this is reasonable because they aren't banning the "normal big clips" or "Banana clips", so it isn't a high capacity magazine ban, it's only an "extra capacity magazine ban".  Or maybe the limit will be 20 and the story would be that it's just a "big babana clip ban", which doesn't ban "high capacity" magazines based on a definition written into a law that doesn't exist anymore.

I just think we need to keep a close eye on things for a while...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

I'm pretty sure last time ('94) she was saying that she would have preferred a confiscatory ban, but didn't have the votes.  I'm willing to bet two years Bronze membership against the first one who will take it that she can't get the votes for a confiscatory ban in the next two years.  The second such a bill even made it through committee there would be a massive flood of letters, emails, and phone calls that no congress critter who wants to keep their seat would dare vote for it.  Public support for gun control has been decreasing, not increasing, over the last two decades.

Hell, I doubt the dems can get the votes for ANY new legislative firearms restrictions in the next two years, but not to the point of risking money on it.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it."

-Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif, discussing the 1994 "crime bill", one of the largest gun control bills of the last 30 years.

http://www.spectacle.org/0504/bowen.html

Now as for the support issue, I think thats an interesting area.  I think I agree with you, public support for gun bans and rights infringement has been decreasing.  I don't know if this is because firearms are becoming more "mainstream", if theres more former military who want to be able to own an M4gery similar to the WW2 vets who wanted to keep an M1 around, or if all the 18+ COD kiddies...Or if the focus on our increasingly screwed up economy has simply moved the anti-gun-rights push to the back burner for the moment and it'll pop back up when the economy improves.

What I do know is that many of the pro-gun or gun-neutral individuals that I know have cast votes for anti-gun candidates and will continue to cast votes for anti-gun candidates because they want free shit, and if you're part of the FSA you vote for obama-clause and his cronies.  So even if public opinion is turning pro-rights, we've got this situation where a significant part of the population is voting in government officials who are anti-gun and will take anti-gun actions regardless of the will of their constituents on that matter.

Also, FML, I feel like I'm on a serious "TL:DR rant writing binge" tonight.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT? Did you even READ the fucking law? There were NO guns that were banned in the 1994 act. The so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to ban anything. All it did was to prohibit the importation and manufacture of guns with certain features, and "large capacity" magazines.

If you owned a "pre-ban" gun, you could own it, transport it (even inter-state), shoot it, sell it, buy it, or whatever you wanted to do with it. The only things that the federal law banned was importation and manufacture.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I would turn in my guns if I had any, but i don't have any because guns are icky !
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Just spent some time looking through and reading some of the "American National Militia" website. It seem that the guys behind that site are supporters/cohorts of Lyndon LaRouche, who is totally out of touch with reality. He lived near me before he got sent to federal prison for fraud several years ago, and we still see his space-cadet flunkies distributing his weirdo newspaper.

I got a call from one of his fund-raising groups back during the summer, telling me how the Federal Reserve System is killing us all, and inviting me to subscribe to his "Executive Intelligence Review" for only $250. The caller advised me that "we're going to hang a banker before Christmas". No shit. She actually said that.

So you guys go ahead and believe all the bullshit in that "ANMilitia" website. Maybe you'll get the chance to hang a banker before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will register mine.

Registration leads to confiscation.

I know, and hate it. but like I said, What if it was 1936 and I refused to register my MG? Same thing. It would be worthless and I would have to face prison if cought with it.

There are quite a few MG's out there that the .gov has no idea exists. And why would it be worthless? Were you going to cut the receiver if you didn't register it?

This is worth reposting:

Quoted:

Why do people keep asking this shit? People are always yelling that they will die for their rights, then next thing is people asking how do I turn them in so I won't be a list.

If you don't give a fuck about your rights, by all means turn them in now so you won't have to worry about such shit.

Also this:

Quoted:

I won't.

The only purpose for registration is eventual confiscation.  If they want to make me a felon, there's nothing I can do to stop them, so I might as well get it over with.

What does the .gov do when it runs out of criminals to chase? It makes more, with the stroke of a pen, out of formerly law-abiding citizens.
this , ask me how i know .

you are all free now  but registration is just the first step , don't take that step , it will only lead to one thing

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#32]
it has been shown time and again, gun bans do not reduce violent crime

History has Also shown that gun bans are a precursor to slaughtering people.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude.. you do know anything you could legally own before the 1994AWB passed, you could still own during? It just banned them from new manufacture.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you talking about? Everything in the 94 ban was grandfathered.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:05:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will register mine.

Registration leads to confiscation.

How many of the machine guns, short-barreled rifles and short-barreled shotguns that were registered in 1934 in compliance with the National Firearms Act have been confiscated?

How many of the machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, and destructive devices that were registered in 1968 in compliance with the Gun Control Act of 1968 have been confiscated?

I recall a now-deceased friend who had a really nice MP-40. He told me that he was not going to register it during the amnesty in 1968, because he was positive that within 90 days the government would confiscate it. So when he died in 1998, his widow had an illegal gun that was worth maybe $500 for parts, instead of a nice C&R transferable MP-40 worth $7500.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#36]
"Guns? What guns?  A bunch of you guys were here last week dressed in gang banger clothes. I thought the clothing odd but they said I was their last stop for the day then going to pickup some poor Detroit kids to take to a rock concert. Some kind of gang prevention program they said. I gave them all my guns and made a donation to the policeman's charity too. You guys got my receipt? They said you be around with it."
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would worry about friends and family telling the gov/po po that we have icky black rifles? what would happen then?

You're new here, so you get a pass.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=44629

Thats all fun and games. but how would you prove that? they would want records of the boat and people you were with?

Ok, if you want a straight answer, tell them you sold them all. Private party.

Perfectly legal, and they have no real recourse.

I am sure they will hear that all day long.... so they will search your place..... better be damn good at hiding them...

If it gets to the point where they can come to your door on hearsay, refuse to accept a logical explanation and shove you aside to ransack your house while holding you and you family at gunpoint, we have much bigger problems than a gun ban.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#38]
lol ummm, nope. I will still haz mine
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

You shall be forever known as Quisling.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:53:36 AM EDT
[#41]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#42]
what is a gun
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#43]
They may get some drilling jigs... I mean... Stripped down receivers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will register mine.

Registrating your guns is just telling them exactly where to come and pick them up.
I know a guy who had a few minutes to spare so he went to a gun show, Idaho or Eastern WA I think. Anyway there was a guy there with a container full of 5" rocket containers out front that he stopped to talk to. He asked what they were and the guy told him and he thought the guy was sorta nuts as he had hundreds of the things. He came back by several hours later and he had 6 left. Along came a guy with a push cart full of ammo and several ARs and Aks and he bought the last 6 shipping containers. My friend started to realize there is something going on.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will register mine.

Registrating your guns is just telling them exactly where to come and pick them up.
I know a guy who had a few minutes to spare so he went to a gun show, Idaho or Eastern WA I think. Anyway there was a guy there with a container full of 5" rocket containers out front that he stopped to talk to. He asked what they were and the guy told him and he thought the guy was sorta nuts as he had hundreds of the things. He came back by several hours later and he had 6 left. Along came a guy with a push cart full of ammo and several ARs and Aks and he bought the last 6 shipping containers. My friend started to realize there is something going on.

Yeah. There's something going on, alright. What's going on is some smart guy figured out how to get rid of a bunch of worthless junk by preying on the paranoia of some other not-so-smart guys who had more money than they had sense.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Of course they'll "incrementally" add on regulation to firearms.  By taking away rights slowly, you hardly ever realize you had them in the first place.  Softens the blow.

Taking a look at that so-called "wish list", there wouldn't be much left to shoot if it came to fruition.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will register mine.

Yeah. There's something going on, alright. What's going on is some smart guy figured out how to get rid of a bunch of worthless junk by preying on the paranoia of some other not-so-smart guys who had more money than they had sense.

Are you telling us you do not want a mystery rocket thing?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will register mine.

Are you telling us you do not want a mystery rocket thing?

There's this bumfights guy who can provide some
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Wow, same here. It was tragic. All was lost.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would worry about friends and family telling the gov/po po that we have icky black rifles? what would happen then?

Tell your comrade friends/family that you already turned yours in.

and if they see it? or if your at the range?

You mean there are people who actually shoot their guns? wow....I thought they were just to have.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top