Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are incorrect, and your comment only contributes to the already overly large body of ignorance.
View Quote

Go be butthurt about religion in some other thread.  

This one is for disease, zombies and breaking quarantine in our boxers.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Granted, other locations need this far more than texas does.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Where would the quarantine even border?  Cut off what on the west side?  At 35?  Coppel?  Irving?  Arlington?  Or just say fuck it and go all the way to the other side of Fort Worth?  

This isn't possible.  Also, pissed of Texans.  

Nope.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ban Ebola!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Suppose it did spread, and say Houston was quarantined. Deadline around the city.

And then say a Cat5 hurricane headed for Houston......................

It'd make for a hell of a blockbuster
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hadn't considered anything like a quarantine and don't consider it high at all on the list of possibilities.  But the Administration has shown ample evidence that it will overreach, ignoring both logic and law, while attempting to whip up panic among the ignorant (even after having the lie exposed, as with F&F) so I can't say the scenario is impossible.  It would have more to do with the political reality, not the medical/technical.

Suppose it did spread, and say Houston was quarantined. Deadline around the city.

I would rather die from Ebola than be quarantined in Houston
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are incorrect, and your comment only contributes to the already overly large body of ignorance.

It would appear that I'M not the one who is "butthurt" ...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not even religious.  But doing nothing but talking shit and calling people ignorant gets old after the 1st post, much less 10 of them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
How many Dallas SF dudes have begun their bugout?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are things going to be out of hand in a hurry?

I was looking through Drudge while at work and stumbled across this:

http://www.infowars.com/will-cdc-activate-emergency-measures-after-ebola-confirmed-in-us/

I know, consider the source, however it got me thinking. How are Americans going to react if/when we quarantine an area, potentially under penalty of getting shot? Especially a city the size of the Dallas Ft Worth area?

Especially in Texas?

My line of reasoning is a question: How many items, doorknobs, car handles, etc did Mr. Ebola touch between the moment he became infectious and getting quarantined? How many of those items are still infectious?

Or do you think they'd never quarantine a city in America for fear people would start shooting? Ammo for blanket gun ban?
View Quote

Maybe you should read up on how ebola spreads.  And there is no way you could quarantine the entire DFW metroplex.  It is over 9K square miles with over 6.5M people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not even religious.  But doing nothing but talking shit and calling people ignorant gets old after the 1st post, much less 10 of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you believe the ignorant shouldn't be called out for being ignorant? You must be a liberal progressive.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
game over man game over

sneezing high velocity brains out your ears and farting "chilli rainbow" blood streams coming to a theater near you.

free america is free... "you're free to roam the country"

it's already here man,..... your city.

ammo fort ready, goggles,mask and whiskey..repeat after me...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you believe the ignorant shouldn't be called out for being ignorant? You must be a liberal progressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troll on.  Maybe with practice you'll get better at it.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Maybe you should read up on how ebola spreads.  And there is no way you could quarantine the entire DFW metroplex.  It is over 9K square miles with over 6.5M people.
View Quote

That's an understatement. The larger the perimeter, the more avenues to break a quarantine. When you figure the number of people required just to stand watch on all those 'escape routes'...plus the multiples to keep them supplied and command/controlled...it's impossible to establish a cordon in a short enough time to be viable.

If you consider the circumference of a cordon around DFW would be about 250 miles....it would take every single person in our military, and then some, to effectively contain that cordon.  Then you would have to deal with the millions 'trying to escape before they get contaminated'. Very few people would willingly remain in a quarantine zone.

The logical thing would have been to shut down all commercial air traffic leaving the contaminated areas in Africa...and not let anyone into this country....but as the government refuses to seal our borders...it wouldn't be 100% effective anyway.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree - you are full of naive bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This would be a hell of a weapon for the muslims.

Actually, no, it would not. Furthermore, "muslims" are not the problem - it is radicals claiming to act in the name of muslims, just as the radical bible thumpers acting in the name of christianity are a problem here.

naive bullshit

I agree - you are full of naive bullshit.

Another Liberal joining the ranks of arfcom
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Just please shut the fuck up everyone.  Take the word of a guy who just bought beer from the QT down the street from Dallas Presby.  We are going to be OK.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the standard movie scenario is that the threat of quarantine makes the people flee before it happens - which causes the chain reaction.  Since the threat was already mentioned - it's too late to stop it now
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is too late for quarantine IMHO.

Incubation period virtually guarantees this out in the wild.

If they do I expect massive panic and the city to burn actually
View Quote

Quarantining anything larger than a few blocks is out of the question. Particularly with ebolas case. Pretty sure a lot of people will do the math on dieing from ebola or fighting there way through the quarantine line and decide to fight. Then you have to deal with family and friends outside the quarantine that are willing to help. Anyone manning the checkpoints would be catching lead from both sides of the line, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just please shut the fuck up everyone.  Take the word of a guy who just bought beer from the QT down the street from Dallas Presby.  We are going to be OK.
View Quote

Dibs... after the 90 day "wait for ebola virus to die" period.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

That is only because of our legal system. It it weren't for the rule of secular law in this country, the radical bible thumpers would behave exactly like ISIS.

I suppose.  Radicals of any religion would be quite fanatical regarding their views.  However Christianity preaches peace and love for your fellow man, for example the Golden Rule "Love thy neighbor as thy self".  Where Islam preaches death to all non-believers regardless if moderate or not.

Well, same as you. You contribute nothing.  NO facts, no data, nothing, nada.  Hypocritical much?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ever think to yourself, "i should shut the fuck up because i'm looking like a complete idiot"?

If not, do it now.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quarantining anything larger than a few blocks is out of the question. Particularly with ebolas case. Pretty sure a lot of people will do the math on dieing from ebola or fighting there way through the quarantine line and decide to fight. Then you have to deal with family and friends outside the quarantine that are willing to help. Anyone manning the checkpoints would be catching lead from both sides of the line, guaranteed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget those manning the line could either have family in the quarantined area or be afraid of catching it themselves. Also the panic that would hapoen outside of the quarantined area would be massuve for fesr of it spreading and those manning the line will have family easily outside of the area but still in danger of the panic.

There will be a run on food and supplies.

It won't just be the military manning the line it will be police. They wi have local connections to the affected areas through family.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dibs on what, my beer?  It'll be gone long before that.

That is unless I'm one of the first to loot QT!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard you can catch ebola through your wifi connection
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully Mexico will build a wall.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]
CSB - know a retired ranger that moved here - owns a small ranch and is one tuff sumbitch.

basic story goes like this - they want to do a BBQ for some reason, walk into see Bush, told
him he was gonna pay for it - OK, fine.  Where are you gonna have it and how many people?
Over there, and probably a thousand or so.  How are you gonna handle security?

Hell boy, there will be at least 6  of us there.

Quoted:
I pity the organization tasked with quarantining a Texas city.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CSB - know a retired ranger that moved here - owns a small ranch and is one tuff sumbitch.

basic story goes like this - they want to do a BBQ for some reason, walk into see Bush, told
him he was gonna pay for it - OK, fine.  Where are you gonna have it and how many people?

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1385/92/1385925849034.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you retell this?  It doesn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He got the Ebola.... one of the signs in crappy posting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh oh.

Some posters here have had it for years.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Uh oh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh.

Last Ebola outbreak in the USA was in 1990. Four people are known to have been exposed and developed antibodies to the virus. It was brought in by monkeys.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Last Ebola outbreak in the USA was in 1990. Four people are known to have been exposed and developed antibodies to the virus. It was brought in by monkeys.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh oh.

Heh, this should be good.  (popcorn.gif)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe you should read up on how ebola spreads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Maybe you should read up on how ebola spreads.

Please elaborate.

This is directly from the CDC:

Transmission

It is thought that fruit bats of the Pteropodidae family are natural Ebola virus hosts. Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals such as chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found ill or dead or in the rainforest.

Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.

Health-care workers have frequently been infected while treating patients with suspected or confirmed EVD. This has occurred through close contact with patients when infection control precautions are not strictly practiced.

Burial ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person can also play a role in the transmission of Ebola.

People remain infectious as long as their blood and body fluids, including semen and breast milk, contain the virus. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

Quoted:
And there is no way you could quarantine the entire DFW metroplex.  It is over 9K square miles with over 6.5M people.

Are we talking about the same 0bama?

When it comes to grapefruit fuckstupid (Yeah, that's a word now) ideas, 0bama is king.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Don't mess with Texas Ebola!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guns, ammo and any women folk that are handy in the kitchen or with a mop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I suppose.  Radicals of any religion would be quite fanatical regarding their views.  However Christianity preaches peace and love for your fellow man, for example the Golden Rule "Love thy neighbor as thy self".  Where Islam preaches death to all non-believers regardless if moderate or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

That is only because of our legal system. It it weren't for the rule of secular law in this country, the radical bible thumpers would behave exactly like ISIS.

The Westboro Baptist Church doesn't preach peace at all. A charismatic leader, a depression, and someone to blame are all that is needed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
There...

now THAT is how to  panic properly.

Get down to the Home depot, buy up a few thousand square feet of  plastic sheeting,2 dozen rolls of duct tape,  and  fetch up 20 or 30 gallons of CLOROX on the way home.

Get going, I already got mine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I've played the game Plague Inc. I know how these things work. We are fucked.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ever think to yourself, "i should shut the fuck up because i'm looking like a complete idiot"?

If not, do it now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If not, do it now.

Ever think you should MYOFBJ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If not, do it now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If not, do it now.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not, do it now.

Lol bad day at work?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This would be a hell of a weapon for the muslims.
View Quote

Tom Clancy already wrote about that.

It would be interesting to see how it would go down if they put a city on lockdown there
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for panic buying a rifle after Sandy Hook and joining the site. Your contributions are thrilling.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://www.infowars.com/will-cdc-activate-emergency-measures-after-ebola-confirmed-in-us/

I know, consider the source, however it got me thinking. How are Americans going to react if/when we quarantine an area, potentially under penalty of getting shot? Especially a city the size of the Dallas Ft Worth area?

Especially in Texas?

My line of reasoning is a question: How many items, doorknobs, car handles, etc did Mr. Ebola touch between the moment he became infectious and getting quarantined? How many of those items are still infectious?

Or do you think they'd never quarantine a city in America for fear people would start shooting? Ammo for blanket gun ban?
View Quote

Quarantine the entire state.  Then burn everything to make sure nothing can escape.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lol bad day at work?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If not, do it now.

Lol bad day at work?  

Bet the stasi gave both of them a time out!

Do svidaniya my friend peekay.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hadn't considered anything like a quarantine and don't consider it high at all on the list of possibilities.  But the Administration has shown ample evidence that it will overreach, ignoring both logic and law, while attempting to whip up panic among the ignorant (even after having the lie exposed, as with F&F) so I can't say the scenario is impossible.  It would have more to do with the political reality, not the medical/technical.

EBOLANADO
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Quarantine the entire state.  Then burn everything to make sure nothing can escape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Especially in Texas?

Neutron Bomb Dallas... save the infrastructure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just suppose for a second the rest of us are right.....and you are the ignorant one.  Just suppose.  Not saying it's for sure.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Call me paranoid but KDFI-DT started "The Walking Dead" series tonight.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

The common flu kills more people per year still... yet no cities are on lock down.  I wouldn't worry about it... this isn't a zombie outbreak.
View Quote
yet.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top