Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
With the bullshit the leftist, liberal, anti-American, Anti-gun, hate spewing Hollywood types churn out, who would want to be in a foxhole with any of them?

When your country calls, you don't get that choice.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have met few, if any, people in the military who never broke the law. I damn near had to take a polygraph test to convince them I had never done drugs.

No kidding. The military is still a "last resort" for some wayward souls who have no direction in life and decide they need to live in a more structured environment. Not everyone joining the .mil is a kid wanting to get money for college from Uncle Sammich. The .mil has its fair share of thugs to say the least. For some it's like a minimum security prison compared to where they should be: 3 hots and a cot, working out a lot, and getting paid to do that AND shoot guns. It's the biggest gang in the world... they still get to wear colors (just not red or blue bandanas), gang they join is the toughest on on the block... if all that isn't inviting for gang members I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clebrities get out of all kinds of shit.

To qualify your statement:  Most celebrities live in shit.

LMAO

So true.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As I understand it, Elvis didn't try to get out of the draft

That why he was the King!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:  I damn near had to take a polygraph test to convince them I had never done drugs.

What did they make you do/say?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Heinlin 3:16: Put a rifle in the illegals hands and give them citizenship at the end of their term.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If the draft were reinstated, many of these Chickenhawks and Keyboard Commandoes who were gung-ho on "kicking Iraqi butt" and who have "I Support Our Troops" bumper stickers will turn against the war faster than you can say "conscientious objector."

Mark my words.

Semper fi
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If the draft were reinstated, many of these Chickenhawks and Keyboard Commandoes who were gung-ho on "kicking Iraqi butt" and who have "I Support Our Troops" bumper stickers will turn against the war faster than you can say "conscientious objector."

Mark my words.

Semper fi

That was the point I was trying to make just not so few words....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mark my words.
Semper fi

Sad but true. The only reason I don't regret 100% letting the army.mil put me out is because, based on my prior run of bad luck I probably wouldn't be here today watching my son grow up. If I hadn't knocked up my wife and I knew that my unit was going to deploy to Iraq so shortly after my getting out I probably would have put up a fight just to go.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Instant cure.
Every adult with a green card goes first.
Then citizens.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
If "I" gotta go, they gotta go.

Personally I think the draft is a bad idea.

If you don't WANT to be in the Army, the Army shouldn't want you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you don't WANT to be in the Army, the Army shouldn't want you.

When the politicians war isn't going well and they need more cannon fodder they don't care what levels morale are. They think wars are fought by numerical superiorirty combined with cutting edge technology... human behavior, the most unpredictable factor, isn't taken into account as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
They have already gotten 6 years out of me and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I will be leaving active duty soon and will continue in the reserves. I will encourage my son to serve at least one enlistment in our armed services, no particular branch whatever he wants to do. Every generation of my family in America has been in the military. I have had some people ask if I would encourage him under a different administration ? I think people should serve to show their support for OUR COUNTRY regardless of who is in power. I do not serve the government or a political party, I serve the good ole USA, period and will continue to do so. I hope my son wouldn't be drafted because if that was an option I would encourage him to do it voluntarily so he could pick the branch or occupational area that best suited him. IF he was a celebrity maybe he could at least hook me up with some groupies or something
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top