Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Because, because, because, The wonderful wizard of Oz has one too!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
(1) Because it's legal.
(2) Because I can.
(3) Because it represents the most advanced weapon design for personal defense.
(4) Because when it comes to weaponry, there is no such thing as being overarmed.
(5) Because, being designed to be fired in a select-fire mode, it is necessarily stronger and more reliable in a defensive situation than any other weapon.
(6) Because its parts (especially AR-15s) are available at National Guard Armories all over the country.
(7) Because I can imagine or envision certain circumstances in which having a 'sports utility rifle' would be highly advantageous.
(8) Because it is the weapon favored by those who are infinitely familar with weapons.
(9) Because it is the weapon that is most likely to be banned by future legislation by some lame-brained legislature.
(10) Because there are some who don't want me to have one!

Eric The(ICanProbablyThinkOfMoreButThisWillDoForNow)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself...except maybe to add that it's soooooooo damn sexy.

Cloak-
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Sport Utility Rifle?  heh heh, I like that term.
I know what mom is getting for christmas.  Maybe one that's got red furniture with leather trim and an eddie bauer logo on it, or something that matches her cell phone...

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
why not!?

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Borrowing a line from a bumper sticker:
"Because two of the three voices in my head wanted me to!"
Disclaimer:  The above was for entertainment purposes only and does not reflect my true personal opinion, the opinion of other board members, AR15.com, or any agent thereof.
Note:  Isn't it a sad day when you feel compelled to leave a disclaimer.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Because I like it, now get out the back the wife just got home!![8D]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If somebody asked why you own an "assault rifle" or why you would need such a thing, plus all those magazines and load bearing equipment. what would you tell them in all honesty.

what if a prospective girl friend asked?
what if an LEO asked?

why ask why? lib
View Quote

please note that above i put assault rifle in parnetheses. i myself do not refer to any of my "sporters" as assault rifles.

if it is a friend who would'nt turn me in for being goofy. i tell them that "i have it in order to kill people with". after their shock, i say "i did'nt say what kind of people" [:D]

one of my friends told me that becasue i owned two (more now) "assault rifles" that i just wanted to kill people. i of course returned logic to him by asking "so if i owned only 1 assualt rifle, then i would not want to kill anybody ever?" i hate the silence that insues after logic, rational thought.

the left teaches "reactional thought". thinking kills brain cells. the same person in question told me that George W. Bush is a facist. i ask "how is he a facist?". a simple question really. what answer do i get? i quiet puzzled look as if i have two heads. what really bothers me is that he scored higher on the ASVAB then i did. book sense and common sense; two seperate things.

years ago a female friend of mine told me about "some guy" who had an "assault rifle" kept under his bed. can you imagine that? who in the wide frickin world would keep an "assault rifle" under the bed, at home, in their own room? they must be some sort of a lunatic!

one of my aunts and my grandmother think im a criminal for owning guns period. one of my uncles on my dad side of the family thinks people are nutty for owning "one of those rifles with those huge banana clips".

my honest answers is that i own such weapons for these reasons.
1. because they make a great political statement. they are a deterent to a police state.
2. i enjoy shooting these types of rifles
3. they look cool, so im proud to look cool shooting one [:D]
4. they are adeternet to violent/looting riots (when in urban or highly populated areas)

joke reasons
1. so i can have commisars ask me why i need such a weapon
2. to give hunters a reason to hate me, with my ugly gun. i enjoy being a threat to their sports legality
3. so i can scare all the neighbors from asking me for a cup of sugar.
4. protection from all these drug crazed crack dealers and the mob
5. in case we are invaded by aliens
6. they make great converstion peices
7. in case i have to kill me some zombies
8. for when dinosaurs are cloned from DNA

[sniper]lib
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
"if it pisses off leftists its got to be good"
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, it only bothers me when other gun owners ask me this.  I had a couple of shotgunners ask me that question about my Steyr SSG("What is that a sniper rifle, why do you need one of those.") and my AR("That looks like a gun the military uses, why do you need something like that.")  In their words I saw the coming end of our rights as law abiding citizens and firearms enthusiasts.  Let's all remember the verse: "We must hang together, or we will all hang seperately".
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
ASSAULT WEAPON? WHERE IS THAT AR15 IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

Definiton of an assault weapon:

1) Should fire an intermediate cartridge
2) Should be capable of selective fire
3) Should be enough manouverable and compact
4) Should have a hi-cap removable magazine

The lackness of even one of these features makes an AR15 a normal rifle and not an Assault Weapon.

so let see:

1) Yes, .223 Rem. is a intermediate cartridge. The concept of the intermediate cartridge was issued by the Germans in their MP44 in order to have full auto and controllability, something impossible with the full power 8 mm. Mauser one.
2) NO, AR15 can't fire on full auto or burst mode.
3) Yes, but also M1 Carbine is compact, and also a AR7 is compact, but this don't make them "assault weapons".
4) Yes, and then?

Lacking one of the requirements (selective fire) the AR15 and ALL the rifle based on this concept are rifles that looks like assault weapons but they are NOT real assault weapon. Since the moment that nothing can be condemned because looks "evil" but because it is "evil" (otherwise a lot of leftist moron can be concemned also only because the way they look, and it is not the case to rise the level of intolerance and lower the freedom of the western world) the AR15 style rifle aren't "evil" and aren't classifiable like military rifles. *uuuuuffff* clear no?
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
When a woman asks me how come I many guns, I ask why do you have so many shoes.  If a guy asks, I usually will say so that when SHTF, I can shoot you and take your wife and food.

But seriously, I like #10 the best.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top