[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a mamma doe. Leave her alone. She is tending her nest.

Is there anything Keith_J doesn't know??

I have raised rabbits. I know rabbit behavior and the way that doe is holding herself, she is keeping her swollen teats off the ground.

The rabbit nests I've seen before are usually in grass filled holes in the field behind my house. I hope I don't find it with the mower

It happens. You know the doe is near domino when she pulls fur around her teats and lines the nest with it.

I'm probably going to hunt for the nest a bit to make sure I don't accidentally murder them all.
I figure it has to be near the wood pile, because that's where she keeps going.

Keith_J will confirm this, but rabbits will move their young a few times. The scent will build up in one area and makes it too easy for predators to zero in on them. If you poke around too much she will likely move them earlier than usual.

Only after about 10 days after birthing.  Their eyes are closed and they have no fur.  Momma won't move them until they open their eyes and get fur.  There is very little smell since momma eats the afterbirth...and the bunny poo/urine.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top