Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I would do a market analysis and see what would sell the best.  I'd order anything for anyone for a reasonable fee.

Its a business, not a hobby.  Don't stock what you like, stock what sells!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The Store:

A little bit of everything available.  Decent quality gear and guns, nothing made from pot metal allowed.  Gear for everyone  from 3-gunners, to leo, to .mil, to BPCS, Palma, Couch Commando. ccw types, hunter/high class hunter/safari, and SASS.  Walls  Decorated with guns of various kinds built by owner.  There will always be a project gun on the counter that the owner is piece parting together to his specifications.  Special orders made with  a smile.  $15 ffl transfers.  Will be thrilled to do transfers of interweb purchases.  Prices in store will not be as low as discount mail order or web but most will be happy with them due to excellent service and selection being available locally, and the prices will be reasonable.  There will be an emphasis on stocking items from companies that offer the most bang for the buck and any company who sends us a product that develops a history of returns because of defects will be dropped from inventory.  

There will be a "Wall of Shame" with names and pics of anti-gun folks, local and national, shop lifters,  wanna-be seals/rangers/vets, and people who say really stupid shit in the store like ".44 mag will shoot through an engine block" or "I want to buy some Cop Killers".  

Coffee and refreshments on premises as well as a walled off "Kiddy Korner" so Dads who are strapped with the kids while the Misses is next door at the hair salon can still come in and have some fondle time with the guns.

Store will always bee clean and well lit.  Special area specifically for the customers inspection of guns, and tools available for customers to do minor assembly of parts, mount scopes, or what not.  Good selection of display items and parts for folks who want to bring in heir own gun and try on parts.  Used items and take offs to be sold at discount.

Ammo will consist of decent quality bulk ammo and high end SD ammo and premium hunting fodder.  Also there will be a selection of ammunition that has been deemed "fun".

The Employees:

Me:  No one will be able to tell I am the owner because I will be always tearing open packages of goodies, giggling all the while.  One may wonder what possible pleasure could be attained from dumping 10000 rounds of .223 out on the carpet and loading mags till your fingers hurt.......it is called nirvana.  

A full time gun smith who is assisted by a sales staff trained as armorers.  All staff will be polite, courteous, and treat everyone equally, regardless of age, race, socio-economic status, etc.  All staff will also be packing heat.  Firearms training classes will be mandatory and paid for.  The Smith will responsible for inspections of guns assembles by sales staff, and for doing custom work.  A teardown and inspect option will be available for every firearm sold.

Questions whose answers are not known by the sales staff will be met with an "I do not know, but I will be happy to find out for you."  

Condescending attitudes will not be tolerated.  Bull shitting while other customers will not be tolerated.  Everyone who walks in will be greeted and asked if they are looking for something in particular and an offer to help in selection of items and in answering any questions.

Staff will be paid well, offered benefits, and encouraged to further their education.  They will be required to dress and groom well.  

Overall:

Responsible gun ownership and camaraderie will be the emphasis of it all.  An area with tables and chairs, as well as demo areas will be set aside for BS sessions as well as showing off new toys, small classes, and so on.  Each and every new customer will have the option of having a free 30-60 minute safety class as well as training in relation to their new firearm.  Classes on basics like cleaning, mounting scopes, and basic armorer's courses will be available.

Community involvement will be a priority.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top