Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i listen to myself and start ordering everyone around (LEO, NG, Survivors, etc.)

PG.3 is MINE
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Same as always....the wife.  

Yep, HouseHold 6 Actual.

LOL!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Myself. My friends would know to fall in with me in such a situation once we were grouped up.

"Come with me if you wanna live."

the local cops do not allow this. All rodes are closed.

So? There are plenty of yards and backroads to cut through, the majority of us are close together. Though under that situation that cuts off my aforementioned uncle and cousins since they live 20 mins anyway.

They could however come by boat since there's a park/beach within walking distance from my house and they have a boat floating in a canal in their back yard that leads to waters that would grant access to said beach whereby they can be met on foot.

Point being to improvise. And honestly, there'd be so many people bugging out that I don't think the cops would be able to close off the major roadways fast enough.

Sorry, you lose.

FACTS will simply modify the situation again to render your choices useless, until you pick the right choice, which is to gargle government cock while someone forges your guns into chains for you and your family.

Its hilarious how you think 500k military and 500k coppers would be able to contain 320 million all at one time. Not to mention the Po-Po are more civilian than military and they will be suffering the same dilemmas as most of us and resort to saving there own ass with equal passion.

I don't think anything of the sort. Re-read what you are replying to.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd most likely be the guy who says head to the stadium and get a hot and a cot, or help is on the way... you know, some BS... until the aliens touchdown and obliterate all human life with laser beams and such.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on who has more men and guns. The ones organized with the most men and guns usually end up being the ones who make the rules.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
"If TSHTF, Who Do You Take Orders From? "
I listen to the voices in my head.     TT
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My husband.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
"Don't believe the church and state, and everything they tell you / believe in me, I'm with the high command"

Silent running
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
the TV
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I done swore an oath: to protect, and defend, the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I got's my orders.

Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]

"In Gorean, the word for "stranger" is the same for "enemy"..."
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll say this much, do not look for me at the stadium.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Now, I'm no SHTF believer...

But since I have no intention of ever completely leaving the service until retirement...

I'd check in with my chain of command, or failing that report to the senior military commander (most likely ARNG)...

I don't have any family to look after... Work comes first...
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Those above me in the chain of command. Ultimately his majesty the King.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I follow my own orders, if they fall in line with the local establishment then so be it. In a SHTF time you have to look after number one first.

Link Posted: 3/7/2008 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I only listen to the voices in my head.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
say the shtf real bad...power out, stores shut down...

you see some NG, local police, sheriffs, highway patrol, etc...

all have different versions of "controlling" the situation. some tell you to head to the stadium to get a hot and a cot. others tell you help is on the way, etc...you'e confused.

do you head down to the fat guys(wannabe militia commander) house who wears a  camo bed sheet and chromed .45 for advice?

what's a guy to do?

Provided their orders are not utterly fucking retarded, I follow the military authority.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 3:03:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I have faith that Obama will have all the answers when the time comes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#20]
only mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#23]
My htf mod of course
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Colonel Kurtz, of course!
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/gawfer2001/64816-Col-Kurtz-0.jpg
definitly
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

what's a guy to do?

Dunno about you guys...
but I'm grabbing the guns, the dog, and the cookies...
and jumping in the tub.

Hopefully I'll have cool pants on if the for-real SHTF!
ETA: page four ownage with tacti-pants.

ETA2: Oh shit, I forgot the mags!
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Whatever the guy driving the bus marked "Superdome" says.

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#28]
If the situation seems temporary and I can account for my familys safety, after taking care of said family, i'd grab gear and report to the local NG office as a member of the unorganized militia and offer my services.

If it seemed too overwhelming for local, state, and feds to deal with and shit is going downhill rapidly, i'd take care of family and head for the hills and then come back if things started to settle down and get back to a place of normalcy.  If that point came, i'd be back at the local NG unit again after making sure my family was secure first.

local po-po are the least of my concern.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:31:09 AM EDT
[#29]
If it was real bad I would probably talk to God allot. He would most definitely  instruct me to figure the shit out on my own.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Toss chicken bones on a trash can lid and think about it for a while. Once everyone knew i was cazy they wouldnt want to follow me while i get out of dodge less baggage.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Who else?

My wife (as always)
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I follow my own orders, if they fall in line with the local establishment then so be it. In a SHTF time you have to look after number one first.

Pretty much.

If the .gov's "orders" match my own, that's cool. Likely they won't though, and I'll be doing what's right for me and my family.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#33]
SHTF or not, I take orders from the same entity I do now.

One look at a spiral galaxy or the head of a sunflower confirms that this universe is ruled by numerlcal relationships. Math rules.

Disobey the natural laws of the universe, and she will grind you to dust.

Obey, or better stated, put those laws to work for you,, and there is no limit to the potential extent of your fief.

Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One look at a spiral galaxy or the head of a sunflower confirms that this universe is ruled by numerlcal relationships. Math rules.

Obey, or better stated, put those laws to work for you,, and there is no limit to the potential extent of your fief.

That's heavy, man.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#35]
If we had advance warning we would head to family farm, if not we'd hunker down.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Nobody has authority over me in TSHTF. I will abide by the law except when situations demand otherwise (i.e., ignore the speed limit, drive on the wrong side of the road, carry a handgun without a permit, etc.) in order to preserve my life. Beyond that, I don't answer to anyone but God.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I have the last word in my house...
yes dear.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#38]
The guy in my avatar.

ETA: Everyone else can FOAD except the people I love and will be protecting.  Here, that would just be my girlfriend.  Then I would try to get to my parents who live a few hours away out in the woods.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Orders? You giving me orders? Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. Balls. You got that?
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So, Stephen Hawking then?
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Don't believe the church and state, and everything they tell you / believe in me, I'm with the high command"

Silent running
Mike & the Mechanics.

Great song, and proof that music can warp the minds of youth.  It did me, and I ended up on ARFCOM.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Ill listen to no one, people should listen to me....or at least the idiots that I hang out with should.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I would take care of the wife first - head to the family farm
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Whatever "everyone else" is doing is usually wrong.  Ever heard of the little creature called the Lemming?

The LAST place I would go is a stadium.  Stadiums are ideally designed for imprisoning large masses of people, and have often been used as such in other countries.

We have all seen the excellent performance of Law Enforcement and National Guard in New Orleans in the aftermath of the Katrina disaster.  They were not there working in your interest.  They were working in the GOVERNMENT's interest, which is not yours and mine.  They are the last people I would listen to.

Everything else is TBA, as the situation occurs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Whatever "everyone else" is doing is usually wrong.  Ever heard of the little creature called the Lemming?

The LAST place I would go is a stadium.  Stadiums are ideally designed for imprisoning large masses of people, and have often been used as such in other countries.

We have all seen the excellent performance of Law Enforcement and National Guard in New Orleans in the aftermath of the Katrina disaster.  They were not there working in your interest.  They were working in the GOVERNMENT's interest, which is not yours and mine.  They are the last people I would listen to.

Everything else is TBA, as the situation occurs.

+1 I would stay the fuck AWAY from the huge public gathering places.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top