Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You should stock up on calling cards and stamps so people can contact their legislators to stop any bills from passing. I swear, Arfcom has become a whine fest lately with all of the "what will be banned" threads.

In the last few years we have made great strides with CCW, AWB sunset, and the Heller decision, now is not the time to give up. Fight Obama, get the house and/or senate to vote down his future bills and shove his face in it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Replacement parts, build kits, barrels, receivers and 80% uppers and lowers.  

Even after a ban, the 80%'s will sell like hotcakes and there's nothing the gov could do about it, unless they reclassify an 80% as a weapon.

Personally, I think I'm going to stock up on replacement parts, including several spare barrels "just in case."  It'll be hell to try to get them after a ban.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Start ordering ban style barrels and buttstocks.

Obama can TRY to take my firearms

AC
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
lowers
mags
uppers
everything on the ban list

though i think they would raise ammo prices before a ban. Raise them to the point where we can't train and cost to much to stock up. So stock up on ammo
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lowers and Mags.

and ammo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Unemployment benefits?  Seriously if they actually get their way, people like you will probably be out of business unless you can do strict military contracts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You should stock up on calling cards and stamps so people can contact their legislators to stop any bills from passing. I swear, Arfcom has become a whine fest lately with all of the "what will be banned" threads.

In the last few years we have made great strides with CCW, AWB sunset, and the Heller decision, now is not the time to give up. Fight Obama, get the house and/or senate to vote down his future bills and shove his face in it!

Agreed. 100%

However, 11th hour preparations are foolish and one can do what they can to avert a ban, while preparing for the potential of one. But you are right, grassroots action does not mean signing online petitions.

WRITE LETTERS, MAKE PHONE CALLS...THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A good supply of body bags!

www.herloyalsons.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/col-trautman.jpg

For me, as I will not be getting aboard BO's train and foing along.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Collapsible stocks, flash hiders, lowers, magazines.

I want to get my 2nd (and probably last) upper done before Xmas and then I'll probably put money towards a M1A in hopes that those will remain legal along with the Mini-14.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Lowers, uppers with flashhiders and bayo lugs,

Mags and Mag re-build kits.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If Obama gets in, what stuff should AR dealers have most in stock?

What products are most at risk, given the political climate change he will likely induce.

Don't want to get caught flat-footed, post your thoughts ...

M. LaRue

Whatever was carried would have to be moved fast.  You wouldn't want to get stuck with all that merchandise when the ban comes down and it becomes illegal to buy and sell.

What is most at risk?

Hi capacity mags
Lowers
Uppers
Collapsable/folding stocks
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Lowers, mags, and the shoulder things that go up.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]

mags. boxes and boxes of mags.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lowers and Mags.

+1 except I think lowers may need to be complete guns!

Mags are the really huge item that will be in short supply!

The thing I fear is a new NFA Category for "Assault Weapons" with a designation of "ANY SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE, SHOTGUN, or PISTOL THAT ACCEPTS DETACHABLE MAGAZINES."   Even if this was only a $5 fee like AOWs, everyone would need to register what they have or they would have an illegal NFA weapon not to mention the hastle of local CLEOs that will not sign!

Put a pistol grip and a collapsible stock on a lower and it's bad per the 94 ban. Assuming we get another ban which I'm willing to bet we won't. USC with Heller as precedent will have something to say about one as well given that they never decided what arms are protected and what aren't. I find it hard to believe they would uphold a ban on AR15s. Maybe they could use some shitty reasoning to keep the MG ban in place, but otherwise, hell no.

Although if you really want to be paranoid, shitloads of lowers that have pistol grips and collapsible stocks installed as well as making as many 30rd PMAGs as is humanly possible.

it took 30 years to [finally] get a challenge of the DC ban to SCOTUS. they'll make the law anyhow and just tell you "...hey, if you don't like it, take it to the courts..." they know it'll be DECADES before anything happens.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Lowers. Specifically, LaRue billet lowers.

*cough*
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It really is fucking pathetic isn't it?  If some of these guys spent half the time they spend here writing letters, calling reps and getting new shooters out to the range we'd have NOTHING to worry about.  And apparently, nothing to talk about.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
That shoulder thingie that goes up and down.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It really is fucking pathetic isn't it?  If some of these guys spent half the time they spend here writing letters, calling reps and getting new shooters out to the range we'd have NOTHING to worry about.  And apparently, nothing to talk about.

Except that BO and his crew are totally unconcerned with what "we" think.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What good will all of this do if there is no sunset, no grandfather and no transfer clause?  What's the point? We are now at the whim of the government, the idea that we are free people is nothing more than a fantasy.

Well, after that happens, and if a confiscations ensues, than people will have to make the decision whether they should use 'em or lose 'em.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Lowers, Mags, LPK's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Is this a trick question?

How about AR dealers having lots and lots of AR's since that's what they sell?

Oh, and magazines.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Lowers and Mags.

+1 and possibly complete rifles.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I predict a large surge in sales of bench top milling machines after this filthy fucking marxist piece of fucked up horse shit wins in Nov.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Completion Kits

"You've got a lower. We've got the rest. All in one box."

Include a pamphlet on how to legally establish the completion/build date of a firearm.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#26]
If it comes to that it is already to late.
Just hand them in like sheep if you dont want to use them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
1.  Low cost lowers
2.  Ammunition
3.  Magazines

QFT
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Ammo. Will.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If it comes to that it is already to late.
Just hand them in like sheep if you dont want to use them.

Obama already said "I won't take YOUR guns away." (emphasis mine, not that I believe him)

The last ban didn't take them away. The most recent proposed ban wouldn't either. That is if they are already yours.

Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this a trick question?

How about AR dealers having lots and lots of AR's since that's what they sell?

Oh, and magazines.

Just remember 1986 and if there is a ban on further manufacture that you may have a window where you can manufacture enough receivers to sell them for oh about 15-years before the supply becomes limiting and prices head for outerspace like MGs have done

The difference is with today's tools, you can make a WHOLE LOT OF STUFF if you have a month or two to work on it!

I hope we don't see a worse law but that all depends on where the balance of power is and if .gov swings too far left then all bets are off and the next President is going to get a few seats in the US Supreem Court too!

Better concern is trying to encourage everybody to vote...
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Let's see, if we stand to loose more seats in the house, a couple more in the senate, and Barry gets in and nominates the next SCJustice, I wonder what use writing our Reps and Senators would be. AWB Sunset, a thing of the past, CCW, Federal law in the making? Heller decision revisited not to our satisfaction. Hopefully we aren't entering the most dangerous time in constitution's history.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait I want to change my post:

If Obama gets elected, that's when you send every Arfcommer one of your complete Stealth rifles, 8 magazines and 300 rounds of M855.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Lowers and Mags.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Tar, feathers and rope.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm trying to decide myself if I should go all out and buy what I will want before it's too late, or stop buying and consider selling with the knowledge that a confiscation is probable.

One heck of a gamble.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#38]
barrel shrowds...
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Lowers, mags and ammo.

Even if he doesn't ban anything the masses will mortgage the homes to buy as much of this stuff as they can.

Now get to work on us some $100 lowers
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Lowers, Uppers, Mags, Ammo, Barrels etc... If he gets in you can be sure he will have every part on the ban list.

This!
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Lowers, spare parts, mags and ammo.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Why do you guys think we will be allowed to build new rifles? I think next time they will take that away.

I would have Complete uppers, mags, ammo, BCAs, flash hiders, more mags.

A shit ton of cheap carbines would be best.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Everybody says lowers, but you'll need the uppers and parts to go with it. So EVERYTHING!

Figure lowers and mags first, because that's what they'll go after. After that, uppers and parts kits.

I'll tell you what, my opinion is, if they ban guns and tell law enforcement or the military to go round them up, you'd better stock up on bandages and med kits, cause it'll get really ugly. God forbid, but they'll cause a subvertive civil war over it.

I bet they'll push a ban like the Clinton ban first, then in another act go after ALL newly manufactured semi-automatics and any parts. Hopefully, there's enough pro-gun democrats and republicans that they won't be able to pass another ban through anytime soon. But you know they are going to try.

So...

Lowers
Mags
Uppers
Part's kits
Med kits if an actual ban comes calling.

And Mark, by the way, I got one of your Dillos and God bless our troop stickers at the Combat Rifle Championships. The bumper sticker is on my car and I've gotten a lot of good comments about it. And I'm using the dillO. You're a class act. Keep it up! You can bet I'll be buying your products.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I think they will go the ammo route.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Lowers and Mags.
+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Guns.  Lots of guns.

Complete rifles would be nice, in case any new AWB is very broad.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lowers, Mags, Milling Machines, Billet, and End mills.

Planning on building the rest of the gun there are ya?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except that BO and his crew are totally unconcerned with what "we" think.

OK, So that only leaves slightly over 500 senators and congressmen that you can contact instead of BO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]
The shoulder thing that goes up.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top