Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You would still need to age, but it would be nice to "reset" the countdown!
The reason aging needs to happen is because you need exfoliate and replace older cells.  If not, they will keep layering.  If that happened, you could, for example, have really THICK SKIN.  You wouldn't want to be thick skinned would you?

View Quote

Yes, but here is the part you missed. During cell regeneration do you want a "degraded" replacement or a exact copy?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The reason aging needs to happen is because you need exfoliate and replace older cells.  If not, they will keep layering.  If that happened, you could, for example, have really THICK SKIN.  You wouldn't want to be thick skinned would you?

View Quote

Yes, but here is the part you missed. During cell regeneration do you want a "degraded" replacement or a exact copy?
View Quote

Fair enuff, but what would you do for all that long time?

P.S.  How much would you charge for the M408 from EDM Arms.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
No...
the tail on the DNA that seems to count down for the number of replications.  All you gotta do it reset it every now and then.  But if you eliminate the death of a cell, the cycle will not complete and things will get weird.
And on a larger scale...Earth's life resources will deplete fast.  You need death and decomposing to complete nature's balance.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
YOU BET.......REALLY, who wants to die?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would in a heartbeat.

To address the others aging around you, it already happens.  People I have known have died.  I buried my father two years ago.  It's tough, but you move on.
View Quote

It's obvious you don't have children.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, but we'd better be to the point of colonizing other planets. Can you imagine how crowded this planet would get if the vast majority of people (and their children, grandchildren, etc) never died?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]

There is a beginning, middle, and end to everything.

I don't believe I would want to be stuck in the middle forever.

Panzer Out

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top