Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a Chug. 1/2 Chihuahua 1/2 Pug. Bad ass little sob.

That's funny (Chug) I couldn't stop laughing.

My old man has a Pug and little gets by her. They're a little dog that THINK they're a big dog.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend a mutt.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Terriers and Min-pens are usually too active.  They're high energy dogs that need a LOT of walking or other activity.

For the ultimate alarm dog I present:...... the Pomeranian.
They're noted as good alarm dogs, and have hearing better then most other breeds.
They're down-sized sled dogs, and don't know they're no longer big dogs.

This is our new dog "Merlin".
At 6 months old, already NO ONE gets close un-barked at.  He can literally hear a key in the neighbors front door:

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Pug, this little thing has amazing ears and an ear piercing bark

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
bichon frise.

i bought my mother one and she is very alert to EVERYTHING. they dont shed but you do have to groom them every month or they will look like a sheep. they are good with kids, they have a very good personality. for $600 it was worth it
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Dachshund.  Little bastards don't know the meaning of fear.  Our standard tore the crap out of someone trying to enter the house thru the open kitchen window back when I was in elementary school.

He stepped on the dog's bed.  Must have been like sticking your foot into a wood chipper. The dog never made a sound, but the burglar screaming woke up the whole block.  Whoever it was left a blood trail down the wall and driveway.  The dog was happier than hell about it all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rat Terrier... or Jack Russell...

He's a rat terrierist. Very alert, extremely smart. He can hear my truck pull up in the parking lot and is waiting for me as I open the door. Doesn't bark when I'm home and someone knocks but he has been known to go completely apeshit at strange noises. He's a good dog. Got him from the shelter.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
We have 2 Doxies, and a JRT.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a Min-Pin

His name is Franklin (Frank) Bones.

Somebody photoshop a cape onto him.
It's the Bat Dog.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Toy Fox Terrier!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
LMAO @ the hyper dog with the ADD cape.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LMAO @ the hyper dog with the ADD cape.

Someone here on ARF made this one for me...

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Great dogs, always let me know when something is in the yard. They are very vocal, min. daschund and scotty.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Great dogs, always let me know when something is in the yard. They are very vocal, min. daschund and scotty.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/PanzerOfDoom/IMG_0914.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/PanzerOfDoom/IMG_0992.jpg

He looks like my Rocky. Dachsies are my favorites.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Cairn terrier works well for my parents.  She yaps when something is amiss and not much otherwise.

She's been immense help with housebreaking a few dogs as well as helping out with kittens.  A natural herder too she is great in helping corral thier pet rabbit as well as the cats when needed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Yorkie +1

I have always had really bad allergies so when I was growing up we got a yorkie. When we got her she was a little runt but somehow grew to monster proportions for the breed. Unlike most yorkies we also kept her hair short. Anyways, they don't shed, are energetic, protective, and pretty intelligent. When I get my own house after college I'll be getting a yorkie!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
MASTIFF!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
2 Min-Pins

Shelby is the Red and Kimber is the black and tan.

Both dogs have been great in our lives.

or you could go with the full size:
Kiloh

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Go down to the pound and get a good looking MUTT , some dog that looks good to you.

The neighbors dog is over here all the time she's a mut , part lab and who knows what else but she only makes a racket when somebody comes around.  She's a good watch dog..
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Schnoodle = Schnauzer X Poodle

Schnauzer is a German breed of terrier.  Very loyal, very defensive of their territory.  Lots of fun to play with.  Not afraid of anything.

Poodles are hunting dogs.  Good eyes, ears and nose.  Not afraid of water.  SMART as a whip!

Schnoodles do not shed at all.  You probably don't believe it but it's true.  They are a hypoallergenic dog.

Schnoodles are highly trainable.  

My dog is so smart it's frightening.  We think she knows how to spell!  She sometimes tries to talk to us.  No, we are not on drugs!  lol

I'll find a link to the breeder and post it later.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#22]
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/12/33710193645.jpg

Westies or Cairns - little dogs that think they're giants.  One Westie regularly pulls snakes out of the gardens and kills them, the other barks strangers into corners.  The Cairn has a go at the trashman everytime he shows up.

Definitely big dogs in little dog bodies, and they don't shed to speak of.  Even with three of them I don't really have much in the way of dog hair issues.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yorkie.

I haven't seen a Yorkie that doesn't go ballistic everything there's a knock on the door. I had to walk into a neighbor's house yelling for my kids (everyone was upstairs) the other day and their mini pinscher didn't know I was there until they did.

agreed. I have to yorkshireyapshire terriers and a yorkie/poo.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Little dogs suck. My cat would eat most of the dogs posters in this thread.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top