View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You haven't read the Bible have you ?

That is just one of many "gods" out there.  There are a few female ones.

But there is only one true God, and no one comes to Him but through the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Nuh uh. My sagas say that's not true.
Your sagas no not the truth.

God is a 5 lb creme brûlée colored Pomeranian named Simo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
a superposition of both?
View Quote

How about neither...

A being of pure consciousness has no need for a sexual identity.

BELOW IS JUST MY SHITHOUSE OPINION:
I think this explains Jesus.  Man needed an interface between him a God.  Something we could comprehend.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
a superposition of both?
View Quote

What if God was one of us?

Just a slob like one of us?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]
No one who lives or has ever lived on this planet has a freaking clue. And yes, that includes all the hundreds of people who have been worshiped as divine by anyone else throughout all of human history.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No one who lives or has ever lived on this planet has a freaking clue. And yes, that includes all the hundreds of people who have been worshiped as divine by anyone else throughout all of human history.

View Quote

I think dolphins know.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The ENTIRE book refers to God as male. Father and son. Not mother and daughter. Pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]
God the father or the Trinity?

God the father is Male

The Holy spirit could possible be female (in Hebrew the female form is used)

Jesus the Christ is Male

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IBTL

View Quote

In Before The Lutherans?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In Before The Lutherans?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

In Before The Lutherans?

In before the Holy Spammer...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Male.
Whenever my wife talks about being pregnant/ childbirth, looks like a dodge ball in there/ pain.
I tell my boys, proof that God loves men more.

Typically men are bigger/ stronger and rely more on logic than emotion, additional advantages.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So he/she/it is outside the environment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

God is beyond the worlds of duality.

So he/she/it is outside the environment?
God has been towed beyond the environment. God isn't in any environment.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#13]
The Jews had been polytheistic.  They believed in the One True God and his wife.  Before that they believed there was the One True God who had two sons, they worshiped the younger one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]
God is way beyond gender.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Jesus:  "Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be your Name..."
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus had a clue...   Above post.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#17]
If in your question you set the premise that God is real, how can you ask if God is a superstition?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#18]
the bible tells us when you ask God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ he forgives your sin and forgets it. we all know a woman may forgive your transgressions but she will never forgot. therefore it's impossible for God to be a female

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Almost two full pages and we still don't have an answer.  fuck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In Before The Lutherans?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

In Before The Lutherans?

I think we're rightly staying out of this one; we take pride in our humility!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Jews had been polytheistic.  They believed in the One True God and his wife.  Before that they believed there was the One True God who had two sons, they worshiped the younger one.
View Quote

Huh? please show me a cite
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Did He not make us in His own image?

Didn't he make man and woman?

There are things in Heaven beyond your philosophy, Heratio.

ETA:  The love for us is that of a mother however the justice is that of a Father.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Woman cuz a man would not have placed the snack bar so close to the crapper.  Know whut ahm sayin'
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But there is only one true God, and no one comes to Him but through the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually in practice, the Catholic church has many gods.  The tier one god Jehovah and/or Jesus, the second tier gods of angels and archangels (like the ones who nuked Sodom and Gomorrah) and the third tier of saints where human beings are elevated to god status.  That doesn't include the god of evil Satan.  It can't be claimed that there's only one god where people are praying to saint this person or saint that person to do their heavenly magic and hand out supernatural gifts. What do you think the definition of a god is?

It's an almost one for one same ideology as the Pagan Romans, who had a god for everything from blacksmiths to sailors to poets to even the town drunks.  The names have just been changed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In the bible it shows God in masculine terms, but there is feminine imagery as well. The number 1 reason God is a male in my opinion is Christ's own words of "Father". Father Son and Holy Spirit...
View Quote

This is because the Bible was written during a time when women were personal property the same way camels and goats were, and they were certainly not about to refer to God as an "it".  Let's be honest here.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
God only takes 10% of your income, so can't be a women.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Pretty sure it's Alanis Morrisette.
View Quote
What you did there I saw it, and lol'd.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually in practice, the Catholic church has many gods.  The tier one god Jehovah and/or Jesus, the second tier gods of angels and archangels (like the ones who nuked Sodom and Gomorrah) and the third tier of saints where human beings are elevated to god status.  That doesn't include the god of evil Satan.  It can't be claimed that there's only one god where people are praying to saint this person or saint that person to do their heavenly magic and hand out supernatural gifts. What do you think the definition of a god is?

It's an almost one for one same ideology as the Pagan Romans, who had a god for everything from blacksmiths to sailors to poets to even the town drunks.  The names have just been changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm Catholic and no one ever told me about these "other gods" so I feel like I'm missing out.  Who are these "other gods" so I can offer sacrifice?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm Catholic and no one ever told me about these "other gods" so I feel like I'm missing out.  Who are these "other gods" so I can offer sacrifice?
View Quote

Just put something in the basket, boy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite incorrect.  We only believe in the triune God whose name was revealed to Moses in Exodus, whose essence is to exist (as His name would indicate) and who is the first unmoved mover, the first cause of all that is in this universe.  The angels are created non-corporeal beings that are above intelligent corporeal beings such as men in the hierarchy of created beings.  Saints are just people who have died and had their souls enter heaven.  Satan is akin to the angels in terms of the nature of his being.  Angels, demons, and the souls of the dead (or persons who have ascended into heaven sans dying, such as Elijah) are not in any way considered deities.

We also don't pray to saints or angels.  We ask them to pray for us, to intercede on our behalf with God, as they are by definition closer to God than we are.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
the bible tells us when you ask God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ he forgives your sin and forgets it. we all know a woman may forgive your transgressions but she will never forgot. therefore it's impossible for God to be a female  
View Quote

So wait, if God forgets it, he isn't omniscient anymore. Religion is such a contradictory clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
It's funny how small our minds are, and can only think of God in terms of things we know here in this physical world.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's funny how small our minds are, and can only think of God in terms of things we know here in this physical world.
View Quote

I was hoping the arfcom hive would transcend this limitation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Without sex, likely doesn't procreate at all.  To those who believe, you can only know God by what he does, not what he is.  Could be a supercomputer, the creator of all that is, or a host of other things you can imagine,  or not even conceive of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Without sex, likely doesn't procreate at all.  To those who believe, you can only know God by what he does, not what he is.  Could be a supercomputer, the creator of all that is, or a host of other things you can imagine,  or not even conceive of.
View Quote

There's always cell division, but unless you do it right, you only get bigger.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Male.
Whenever my wife talks about being pregnant/ childbirth, looks like a dodge ball in there/ pain.
I tell my boys, proof that God loves men more.

Typically men are bigger/ stronger and rely more on logic than emotion, additional advantages.
View Quote

So why should I have any love for a god that cursed me with femininity? Doesn't that make your god my enemy?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#37]

"What did you think I looked like my son?"

"....Well not like that."

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#38]
God is not a biological entity.  Therefore God is neither male or female.  We refer to God as "he" for simplicity and traditional reasons.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Isn't it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's Alanis Morrisette.

Ironic

Isn't it?

That's not irony, it's just coincidence.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Almost two full pages and we still don't have an answer.  fuck.
View Quote

the answer you seek is 42.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#41]
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i ALWAYS envision God as Morgan FreemanGeorge Burns.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God only takes 10% of your income, so can't be a women.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/OohBurn.gif

I gotta tell this to my Rabbi
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
View Quote

I read that with an Arnold accent in my head. As for the comment that the Catholic church as many gods, it is on the money. As the Church went into many pagan areas, local gods or goddesses were turned into saints to placate the local people and get the loyalty of the locals
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are a Christian of course, other Faiths may see it differently.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Does not the Bible say "God made man in his own image"?
View Quote

No, it says, "let us make man in our image according to our likeness"

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't know but ......

What am I going to tell God?

I was framed
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But didn't you ask if it was a man or a woman?

I'm just sayin'.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head shot!! This right here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

For a brief period I will be serious. The pronoun 'He' is used merely for our convenience. G*d is not human, nor male or female. G*d is. And that is generally beyond our comprehension. Their are traits of G*d that may seem male or female, but that is a momentary period. HurricaineAllie wanted to talk about G*d the other day. She told me that G*d is an energy that is intelligent and holds us all together, she is 13.
View Quote
Serious question....Why do some folks not spell out G o d?

Why the * ?

Is it like the muslim non imagery of Mohammed thing?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top