Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why get a single stack G19 the G19 would barely be thicker and would be the more logical pistol to carry.
View Quote

A 43 is noticeably thinner then a 19.

A single stack 19 would e be the same thickness as the 43.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel comfortable carrying a G19-sized (or even larger) double stack on my belt.   The only reason for the G43 IMO is pocket carry.   There is no other place in my CCW strategy for a single stack full sized 9mm.  

I guess if you're one of those guys who has to buy a belt holster to carry a G43 or Shield and claims he can't conceal anything larger, they might see a point in it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
People cite the miniscule width difference between the 43 and the 19/26, but the functional difference between the two is very apparent. They might not seem much different on paper, but in the hand (and the waistband) the difference is pretty damn noticeable in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 43 is noticeably thinner then a 19.

A single stack 19 would e be the same thickness as the 43.
View Quote
I would love a longslide 43
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]
In a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#8]
No.  I don't like Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No because in general full size single stacks are almost always nearly as wide as a double stack.  So I see no point.  The advantage of 9mm is also capacity.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I feel comfortable carrying a G19-sized (or even larger) double stack on my belt.   The only reason for the G43 IMO is pocket carry.   There is no other place in my CCW strategy for a single stack full sized 9mm.  

I guess if you're one of those guys who has to buy a belt holster to carry a G43 or Shield and claims he can't conceal anything larger, they might see a point in it.
View Quote
Pocket carry, how old are you may I ask and do wear your pants up to your tits?

And how many pockets do you people have? Granted, I refuse to carry a wallet in my back pockets because I find sitting on a wallet uncomfortable (and easy target for pick pockets) but how big of pockets you got?

Left front has my keys, money clip and a separate small card holder. Then a pocket knife clipped.
Right front has my Iphone and my flashlight clipped.
43 holstered at 1 o'clock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pocket carry, how old are you may I ask and do wear your pants up to your tits?

And how many pockets do you people have? Granted, I refuse to carry a wallet in my back pockets because I find sitting on a wallet uncomfortable (and easy target for pick pockets) but how big of pockets you got?

Left front has my keys, money clip and a separate small card holder. Then a pocket knife clipped.
Right front has my Iphone and my flashlight clipped.
43 holstered at 1 o'clock.
View Quote
Under 50 but not by much.   Pants are worn at the waist or lower.  They are either business slacks or cargo pants, no nuthuggers here.   G43 in a pocket holster fits in right front pocket fine.   It prints, but with the right holster, this looks either like a wallet or big-ass phone.   I wouldn't want to pocket carry a G43 if I were spending most of my time seated.   Something like a J-frame works better for that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote
Making the Glock 19 slimmer, single stack would have little effect on concealment.

Glock 23/32 or 22 suits me fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If they "unperfected" the grip angle to match the 1911, as God and John Moses Browning hath revealed, you bet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd rather S&W made a mid size like a G19. M&P with 15 or 14 +1 enough to get a full grip without having to use a grip extension, 4" barrel.  2.0 improvements, Maybe a better mag base plate design that isn't as big.

You might be able to convince me to buy a single stack of g19 size made by S&W in M&P 2.0 flavor or Glock, as I generally like that size and have other firearms that are similar.  But Glock would need to make improvements beyond just the single stack. Get rid of the hump, make it so it has more back strap options if you want the hump. No finger grooves. Better trigger design. Maybe more done to ergonomics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No because in general full size single stacks are almost always nearly as wide as a double stack.  So I see no point.  The advantage of 9mm is also capacity.
View Quote
Yeah, give up half the capacity for 1/8" or 3/16", nope not me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's that almost nearly that provides the basis of discussion.  Almost nearly means not the same.  My hand fits the single stack smiths much better than the double stacks, the difference being most clear in single handed fire. As far as carry ability, I guess 30+ years of carrying a pistol every day has proved that size and weight do matter to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's that almost nearly that provides the basis of discussion.  Almost nearly means not the same.  My hand fits the single stack smiths much better than the double stacks, the difference being most clear in single handed fire. As far as carry ability, I guess 30+ years of carrying a pistol every day has proved that size and weight do matter to me.
I get your hand fitting it better argument.  Fractions of an inch can make a difference.  But if you think fractions of an inch in width make a gun suddenly concealable vs not concealable you are wrong.  It just doesn't.

Single stacks have their place with super compact guns.  But no one should be delusional to think a full size single stack will suddenly make the gun concealable when the double stack wasn't.  Because it wont.

I get people wanting one but they are a niche handgun which is why almost no major manufacturer makes a full size single stack 9mm.  Because a double stack full size is superior in basically every way.  And the reason you pick a full size is different then the reason you pick a compact (when a single stack actually becomes an advantage).

In a compact gun its a completely different story though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#18]
No, because Glocks (still) look like they were designed in MS Paint. Ergos of a 2x4.

Walther already makes the perfect single stack Glock. How many people own one of those?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
It amazes me that people are still regurgitating the bs about there being hardly any difference between the thickness of the G43 and the g26/19

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
no, only glock that interests me is G43, nothing else seems to be that small.
View Quote
The Kahr PM9 is a little bit smaller than the G43.  I have both and currently carry the G43 as I like the magazines better.  My wife likes the PM9 so that is what she carries.

FWIW, I shoot the PM9 better than the G43 out to 25yds.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
NO, I wouldn't buy a single stack the same size as a Clock 19, because there would be no benefit to doing so.  I would certainly consider buying a second generation Glock 19 though.  I just don't like the finger bumps, and don't want to pay extra to have them removed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It amazes me that people are still regurgitating the bs about there being hardly any difference between the thickness of the G43 and the g26/19

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/74/2b/b3742b241b15c03936a0a9910e26ba35--tattoo-inspiration-christmas-gifts.jpg
View Quote
Thank you, I think that nonsense comes from people that don't own a 43
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/74/2b/b3742b241b15c03936a0a9910e26ba35--tattoo-inspiration-christmas-gifts.jpg
View Quote
Agree.
There is a noticeable difference, even more so after wrapping kydex around it.
Funny how people never mention the weight difference, I prefer to not have a heavy ass pistol on my side most of the time.
And there are higher capacity mags available these days also.

An ETS 12rd extra mag is nice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Buy one, yes.

I think it would feel great and be fun to shoot.

Carry it, probably not.

I bought a forty three. It feels great.

The twenty six is not that much bigger.

Capacity and magazine interchangeability...

Unless it is ankle carry the twenty six gets the nod, even in dress suits.

My nineteen does not ever sit the bench because of width.

Always because of grip length.

Either the twenty six or forty three would still win.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not a huge Glock guy, most of my go-to pistols are HKs, but I love my G43 and carry it often. I conceal it without issue but it could stand to be a little longer in the frame. I love how the 43 is slim and hugs right up against my side while carrying it. Doesn't stick out like the chubby 19/26. I for one would LOVE the shit out of a G19 sized gun (length wise) with the single-stack width dimensions of the G43. Seems like it would offer a good blend of capacity, shootability, and concealability.
Am I the only one?
View Quote
Making it single-stack is pointless. Then, they are basically making a polymer 1911.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If it was in .45 ACP and at least 8 rounds, that's my dream pistol.
View Quote
so, like, a 1911?

I like the Shield .45 too
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Google XD-S 4.0 - its real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, just a couple photoshop renders someone put out a couple years ago.
Compare the pic I posted to the 4.0; they're not even close. The 4.0 still has a compact grip.

Oh and the XD-E would be nice in fullsize too!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#28]
who cares about capacity when you're comfy
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In a heartbeat.
View Quote
I would also by a single stack 20 and 21.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Nope.

I'd buy a single stack the size of a G34 tho

Quoted:
Making it single-stack is pointless. Then, they are basically making a polymer 1911.
View Quote
Thatsthepoint.jpg
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#31]
depends on mag capacity, 10-12 rds yes anything less than 10 no.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
who cares about capacity when you're comfy
View Quote
I'm not thinking comfort when I hear Allah Akbar.

I'm still ok with a 1911. Just because I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
That pic looks like shenanigans, more like a double stack 9 vs. the 42.

When they came out I compared the G26 vs. the G43, the difference just isn't that great and wasn't enough to get me to buy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I get your hand fitting it better argument.  Fractions of an inch can make a difference.  But if you think fractions of an inch in width make a gun suddenly concealable vs not concealable you are wrong.  It just doesn't.

Single stacks have their place with super compact guns.  But no one should be delusional to think a full size single stack will suddenly make the gun concealable when the double stack wasn't.  Because it wont.

I get people wanting one but they are a niche handgun which is why almost no major manufacturer makes a full size single stack 9mm.  Because a double stack full size is superior in basically every way.  And the reason you pick a full size is different then the reason you pick a compact (when a single stack actually becomes an advantage).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  There's a reason hardly anyone at all makes them, .1" for thickness after throwing a holster in just isn't that much of a difference to make a difference in concealability.

Now it will weigh less, which is where the comfort is coming from unless your pants are too tight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Carry a G 19 no use for half of one so no.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

When they came out I compared the G26 vs. the G43, the difference just isn't that great and wasn't enough to get me to buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct on the pic, that is not the 43.
There is .18 difference between the 19 and the 43 and there is more than that in that pic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I don't have a g43 but here is a cw9 next to a g19
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I love my XDS and that's what I've been asking for.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
I love my XDs as well. Never even considered a full size as a possibility, but hmmmmm........ Sort of want....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's the joke.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are wrong, the 42 and 43 could be considered close in widths.

The 26 to 43 is extremely noticeable.

42 on top of 43

26 on top of 43
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Double stacks in 9mm are small enough, especially with the gen4...... unless you have the hands of a 5yo.

A single stack .45 is what im interested in
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well not quite. The 4.0 just has a longer barrel. 4" vs 3.3". The grip is still the same length and both hold 7 rounds in a flush fitting magazine. To my eyes at least, it looks like that photoshop has a 9 or 10rd mag and a longer barrel. But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Prob not.  Just get an extended mag grip for a g43
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd settle for a slightly larger 19 in 10mm
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
The picture has the 19 closer to the camera hence why it seems 2x as big
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Just get a giant mag extension. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
single stacks are stupid and you're better off carrying a double stack
View Quote
I own a Sig 225.  It is a great pistol but the above statement is accurate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
No I just wish glock made the 43 a semi double  stack and held a couple more rounds
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Sacrifice massive capacity for a fraction of an inch
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Id buy 2 the week they came out and maybe another one sometime after that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top