User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SOooooooo, ISIS arty has the equivalent of Minute of City. O.K., still sucks if you live in that city.

Edit, so the ruling of the HIVE is Minute of Province.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just because they have the weapons does not mean that have the know how to operate them and accurately fire them.

SOooooooo, ISIS arty has the equivalent of Minute of City. O.K., still sucks if you live in that city.

The important thing is, they are clueless and incapable of using the 198's effectively.

Lobbing H.E. in a general direction to hit random shit, is a long way from being able to target a defensive position with an effective sheaf, or provide their fighters with pre-planned fire in support.

Yeah, as a weapon of terror/harassment they can fuck up some poor bastard randomly, and it's gonna suck, but as an offensive or defensive capability, they have very little effect.

We did train the Iraqis on our GPS enhanced M198 systems. They obviously had some defectors, but it's also obvious that they did not bother to get their ISIS buddys up to speed.

The M198's are Maint. whores. Those fucktards are NOT going to keep them up for too long.

If they do, boots on the ground means they are in for a bad day.
Our CBR and Gun bunnies LIVE for counterbattery missions. Haji is clueless on the concept of Target, shoot and scoot.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
At what point does the risk to the US Embassy become such that it prompts evacuation?

Is there a procedure of this in place with pre-establish criteria or are we going to have another Benghazi?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have seen footage of them with captured M198's.

If Hadji has the savvy and FDC, as well as the right munitions, 18 Miles on the outside.
I just can't see us leaving any of the better stuff with the Iraqis, and know damn well the ISIS idjits can't keep an M198 up and bore sighted for long.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We know they have captured substantial numbers of 155 mm howitzers,” said the diplomat, whose country is participating in the U.S.-led anti-Islamic State coalition. The diplomat spoke only on the condition of anonymity, lacking permission to brief the news media. “These have a range of about (20 miles) and if they are able to hold territory in Abu Ghraib then the concern they can shell and ultimately close BIAP becomes a grave concern.

Arty guys: Can they reach BIAP if it's within 20 miles?

If so, I hope we have another plan to evacuate the Green Zone...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/isis-takes-abu-ghraib-baghdad-airport-within-artillery-range/

If Hadji has the savvy and FDC, as well as the right munitions, 18 Miles on the outside.
I just can't see us leaving any of the better stuff with the Iraqis, and know damn well the ISIS idjits can't keep an M198 up and bore sighted for long.

If you didn't have to worry about counter-battery fire, you could just lay the gun on a compass PDF, swag the elevation and number of increments, and just put in guestimate adjustments with the elevation wheel and by moving the trails after each round until you were on target.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The important thing is, they are clueless and incapable of using the 198's effectively.

Lobbing H.E. in a general direction to hit random shit, is a long way from being able to target a defensive position with an effective sheaf, or provide their fighters with pre-planned fire in support.

Yeah, as a weapon of terror/harassment they can fuck up some poor bastard randomly, and it's gonna suck, but as an offensive or defensive capability, they have very little effect.

We did train the Iraqis on our GPS enhanced M198 systems. They obviously had some defectors, but it's also obvious that they did not bother to get their ISIS buddys up to speed.

The M198's are Maint. whores. Those fucktards are NOT going to keep them up for too long.

Our CBR and Gun bunnies LIVE for counterbattery missions. Haji is clueless on the concept of Target, shoot and scoot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just because they have the weapons does not mean that have the know how to operate them and accurately fire them.

You're thinking like a western soldier. They don't think or fight like western soldiers and they're not fighting western soldiers.

They're not dependent upon combined arms and in many ways fighting conventionally would work against them. They know any artillery near Baghdad is going to get popped,it's why they took the M198s captured in Mosul to Syria,  and likewise have torched the majority of the tanks and APCs they've captured.

However,if the opportunity presents itself to use captured tubes to lob shots north of the river and anywhere close to the Green Zone,it would serve their aims well. The IA is demoralized and doesn't want to fight and the bulk of Baghdad is very likely going to flee towards Basra in an enormous humanitarian disaster if the army doesn't firm up in a way they haven't since December.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you didn't have to worry about counter-battery fire, you could just lay the gun on a compass PDF, swag the elevation and number of increments, and just put in guestimate adjustments with the elevation wheel and by moving the trails after each round until you were on target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can do better than that. With a simple GPS they can get the location of the gun and the target, match azimuth, and roughly have an idea of elevation. Granted I'm not ISIS but if the gun was positioned right I could be close enough to scare you in 3 or 4 rounds.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Just getting the rounds to fall on airport anywhere is enough I think to close said airport and cause alarm.
All you guys saying send in the A10's or the AF. What are you thinking? The FSA in Syria had somewhat
luck in shooting down Assad's AF jets and killing or capturing the pilots. An A10 going down outside Bagdad,
who the hell is going to rescue the pilot? The Iraq Army? I say we stay the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At what point does the risk to the US Embassy become such that it prompts evacuation?

Is there a procedure of this in place with pre-establish criteria or are we going to have another Benghazi?
View Quote

The Obama administration is feverously searching the internet for another video to blame it on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just getting the rounds to fall on airport anywhere is enough I think to close said airport and cause alarm.
All you guys saying send in the A10's or the AF. What are you thinking? The FSA in Syria had somewhat
luck in shooting down Assad's AF jets and killing or capturing the pilots. An A10 going down outside Bagdad,
who the hell is going to rescue the pilot?
The Iraq Army? I say we stay the hell out of it.
View Quote

The US Army?  US Air Force?  Hell, if you don't catch them during chest waxing time you could send some Navy guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The US Army?  US Air Force?  Hell, if you don't catch them during chest waxing time you could send some Navy guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who the hell is going to rescue the pilot?
The Iraq Army? I say we stay the hell out of it.

Might sound funny to you but when or if ISIS gets a captured US pilot and does the beheading thing it won't be funny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol, Americans gonna die, #whocares #tehfappening #yolo #amazonprime #huluplus

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, I don't care

Lol, Americans gonna die, #whocares #tehfappening #yolo #amazonprime #huluplus

I cracked the F up!! Hahaha
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Question, they were within a few miles of Baghdad a week ago, what's the hold up on them taking it.  Everything I have read up to this point has shown the Iraqi Army is pretty much running away from every ISIS contact.....if they're so bad ass and can cover ground quickly, what's the hold up?  Figured they would have at least held a portion of the city at this point.
View Quote

An Iranian brigade.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

In other news, Obama got his handicap down another stroke!
View Quote
I wish he was handicapped from a stroke.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top