User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
this sounds like lawdog

I was getting ready to type that myself, just before I read your post.

LAWDOG...Is that you? Lawdog?

Lets do a little test.

Does a reliable source in South Florida know what is written on the barrel?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt that lawdog has a troll account from 2001 for petes sake.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok, I cleaned it some with some copper and lead solvent and it seems to be build up from shooting .38 specials, a couple of the cyclinders are still tight.

I hope this doesn't mean anything bad. The gun hardly looks used, there is hardly a line around the cylinder even. The barrel looks to be chrome lined or something. The ends of the cylinders, where the bullets are, feel rough but so do the ones on the .38 specials I am conparing it to.

I guess I'll have to wait another day or so and see how she shoots. I hope I don't have cylinder binding problems, I had a .357 in which the cylinder would occasionaly lock up, I sold it.

I'm back to sorta being happy again. Happy but gaurded. Will shooting a lot of 38's cause damage?

It won’t cause damage but lead will build up and make it hard to chamber .357s cartridges, if you shoot soft lead bullets.

Soft lead bullets are pretty common in reloads and seem to gum up a barrel pretty fast. Personally I only shoot jacketed ammo or copper plated reloads. Plenty of people don’t seem to have a problem with this but I do and scrubbing lead out of a barrel is a real pain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
but you still havent said what the hell was stamped on the barrel...

your next reply should look something like this

"it is stamped(insert text here) on the barrel/frame"

I know you said what model it was but you never clarified the stampings.....

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
what the fuck is going on here???????
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are a couple of tips for people with revolvers:

The individual cylinder chambers should not be lubed.   The lubrication allows the shells to "push" back against the revolver frame, causing the "sticking" cylinder.  

The .38s will not hurt your revolver at all, infact they are easier on the frame and will extend the life of the revolver.   So will shooting lead, instead of jacketed bullets.  It isn't much fun to clean, but it will extend the life of the barrel.   I have found that the lead rounds tend to be more accurate also.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
this sounds like lawdog

I was getting ready to type that myself, just before I read your post.

LAWDOG...Is that you? Lawdog?

Lets do a little test.

Does a reliable source in South Florida know what is written on the barrel?

You know how I can tell? look at the title of the thread, "I was sold wrong gun". It sounds like it was written by an 8 yr old, classic lawdog.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I kind of wonder about the person who buys a used gun and doesn't clean the gun before he starts to use it . AND instead of inspecting and cleaning it after he finds a problem, gets on the Internet instead...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I kind of wonder about the person who buys a used gun and doesn't clean the gun before he starts to use it . AND instead of inspecting and cleaning it after he finds a problem, gets on the Internet instead...

In the first place, I'm not lawdog, in the second place I haven't actually used the gun yet, I brought it home, went to work, came back home and fingerfucked the gun until I could shoot it!!! Putting the rounds in the chambers was part of my "inspecting" it. I freaked out immediatly and got on the web because I am very very impatient and I don't give a shit what complete strangers think of me!!

Now this is the funny part, when I couldn't get the round in I thought of my little naa mini revolver, some of them come with 2 cylinders. I know about glocks I know about 10/22's but I don't really know much about revolvers so I wondered if maybe you could get 38special cylinders with some models, I know, I know, you can shoot 38 specials from a 357 revolver but I thought maybe the gun was damaged and the person that got rid of it swapped cyclinders to sell it or something.

Here is a pic of one of my 10/22's I made with my own little hands, the stock is a factory one that I stripped and carved finger grooves in and hogged out a channel for the bull barrel that I attached using a gunsmither block. The barrel is a whistlepig. It has an adjustable sear and trigger is adjustable for post travel. It also has an aftermarket hammer and a few other extras giving it a sweet trigger pull. I also glass bedded the reciever and part of the barrel.

Here I am posing with an ak-47, as you can see I am not lawdog. I am also not 8 as you can see by the gray hair although I must admit I am immature.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the first place, I'm not lawdog, in the second place I haven't actually used the gun yet, I brought it home, went to work, came back home and fingerfucked the gun until I could shoot it!!! Putting the rounds in the chambers was part of my "inspecting" it. I freaked out immediatly and got on the web because I am very very impatient and I don't give a shit what complete strangers think of me!!

Now this is the funny part, when I couldn't get the round in I thought of my little naa mini revolver, some of them come with 2 cylinders. I know about glocks I know about 10/22's but I don't really know much about revolvers so I wondered if maybe you could get 38special cylinders with some models, I know, I know, you can shoot 38 specials from a 357 revolver but I thought maybe the gun was damaged and the person that got rid of it swapped cyclinders to sell it or something.

Here is a pic of one of my 10/22's I made with my own little hands, the stock is a factory one that I stripped and carved finger grooves in and hogged out a channel for the bull barrel that I attached using a gunsmither block. The barrel is a whistlepig. It has an adjustable sear and trigger is adjustable for post travel. It also has an aftermarket hammer and a few other extras giving it a sweet trigger pull. I also glass bedded the reciever and part of the barrel.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/orangegun3.jpg

Here I am posing with an ak-47, as you can see I am not lawdog. I am also not 8 as you can see by the gray hair although I must admit I am immature.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/guns/macandAK1.jpg

Two TVs side-by-side?

Nice sweater, BTW.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is a range box I made with a case I got from harbor freight, I'm going to need a new one cause I got another glock, this one has my G21 and G26 in it plus spare mags.

Here is a smattering of my knife collection, you will notice a couple of swamp rats, benchmades and spydercos.

Here is a target I shot at 25 yards at palmetto shooting club in SC with my G21.

Here I am getting blooded from my first deer.

I hope this helps solve the big fucking mystery.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is a range box I made with a case I got from harbor freight, I'm going to need a new one cause I got another glock, this one has my G21 and G26 in it plus spare mags.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/guns/Dsc00006.jpg

Here is a smattering of my knife collection, you will notice a couple of swamp rats, benchmades and spydercos.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/guns/Dsc00005.jpg

Here is a target I shot at 25 yards at palmetto shooting club in SC with my G21.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/guns/target1.jpg

Here I am getting blooded from my first deer.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/gitarmac/firstdeer.jpg

I hope this helps solve the big fucking mystery.

Nice guns, nice knives, good shooting, but drinking raw deer blood is kinda gross.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey your kind of hot......

Plus please tell me that isn't tape holding your mags together...they make clinch mags for that
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]
No they are not 2 TV's, it's my friends dads hobby room, he makes stuff out of exotic hide, I think one is a computer screen and one item is a sewing machine.

Here is a different 10/22 I did, this one has a green mountain barrel. It's almost boring to shoot.

Here I am posing with a thompson sub machine gun.

This used to be my motorcycle before I sold it.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
very funny.  

really, very funny.

still though, what's stamped on the barrel?

really.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not drinking the blood, it was the cup used to pour it on my head. The title was A JOKE!!! I don't know what you are seeing that looks like tape, there is a mag loader on one, the rest are just in the foam. I have since added a biohazard sticker to my 33 rd mag, just to be cute, I think the mag is a biohazard for anyone on the wrong side of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
very funny.  

really, very funny.

still though, what's stamped on the barrel?

really.  

I thought I already posted that it was a 357 magnum, a 651. I hope it shoots good tommorrow. I cleaned out the cylinders and got some better ammo, the stuff I had was cheap reloads, the new stuff goes in nice and smooth. It's magtech.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm not drinking the blood, it was the cup used to pour it on my head. The title was A JOKE!!! I don't know what you are seeing that looks like tape, there is a mag loader on one, the rest are just in the foam. I have since added a biohazard sticker to my 33 rd mag, just to be cute, I think the mag is a biohazard for anyone on the wrong side of it.

It looked like you had two mags tape togther on your AK.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Neat pics, how about a pic of whats stamped on the barrel?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Can't anyone here read?

.357 fits now, it wouldn't fit if the gun was a .38.  

Oh and here's the same person on glocktalk:

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=2122770473ab6d36dc3b8ccbab9f56f4&threadid=504626
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't anyone here read?

.357 fits now, it wouldn't fit if the gun was a .38.  

Oh and here's the same person on glocktalk:

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=2122770473ab6d36dc3b8ccbab9f56f4&threadid=504626

Margo, huh?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Bill Cosby called...said he wants his sweater back or he's going Jello Pudding Pops on your ass.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#23]
He  gave me that sweater AND puddin' pops!! I think he was skeered!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you scare all the other grandmas?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Ohhhh, the AK mags, yeah I think they are taped together, it's not my gun, I'll mention the alternative to him, he doesnt' go to gun forums on the web.

It's not a secret that I'm a member of both glock talk and ar15.com. I've referred to this site quite a bit there. I like glock talk but you can't cuss and stuff there, it's a kinder gentler website. Sometimes I enjoy the kind of entertainment that only ar15 provides. I never intended to become part of it though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Do you scare all the other grandmas?

OMG!!! I can't wait to show this thread to my "roomate" she's going to laugh her ass off!!!

And yes as a matter of fact I do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
See, this is why I like my glocks, there are few parts, it's obvious how they work, they all come apart and you can replace them.

LOL - I would think that any revolver would be much less complicated than a glock, have fewer parts, and be easy to tell apart.

Anyway - I think people were getting frustrated as you didnt say what was stamped on the barrel, per se. You said it was supposed to be a 357, but not that it neccessarily on the barrel.

Glad you got it all cleaned out and running. Let us know how it shoots.

Really nice grouping on the glock. If it were me, my group would be 3-4 in to the left. Just cant seem to pull the trigger well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Abbie says if I don't like it she will take it off my hands, she likes the shrouded hammer.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The individual cylinder chambers should not be lubed.   The lubrication allows the shells to "push" back against the revolver frame, causing the "sticking" cylinder.  

gitarmac,
Just in case you didn't see this in all the trash.

Any revolver will bind if the chambers are lubricated.    
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry for the rude coments

We sometimes get a little fed up with trolls around here and the thread sounded a bit fishy at first.

I hope we didnt scare you away from the site!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
That's OK, I enjoy a good natured ribbing, I work with a bunch of catty women and this site is my excape. Besides, I'm what people commonly refer to as "wierd" so I'm pretty thick skinned. I've been a member for quite awhile but I don't post much, I know how the system works.  Some people take this internet shit too seriously and get their panties all in a wad, I'm not one of those.

I just got back from shooting my revolver, it shoots GREAT!!! The kick wasn't unbearable, I shot 25 rounds, plus my other guns. I used 2 different types of magtech ammo. I'll post a pic of the target later, I only put the target out at 5 and 10 yards, that's good enough for my needs.

{it puts the lotion on it's arm}
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It's a Taurus. It comes with sticky cylinders and crappy operation.

My Taurus is smooth, crisp, and has a light trigger pull. Crappy sights, but it's easier to point-and-shoot the thing and hit what I want than aim it, so it's a moot point. My only other concern is that the rounds in the cylinder have a little room to slide in and out against the frame, which makes the gun rattle slightly when you move it around. Nothing major, but on the off chance that I gotta sneak up on someone who's trying to kill me, I'd rather not have a little clinking noise every time the gun moves.

So... STFU?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I think everyone here has just had their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Gitarmac,

you should venture over to the women shooters forum sometime....
we'd love to chat with ya.
you're welcome anytime.  It's over ---> there.  

Daisy
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#36]
OK, here is my final post before we let this thread die a well deserved death. I shot my first 5 rounds at 5 yards, just to see how it pointed. Then I backed up to 10 yards, I tried to shoot as quick as the range will allow, double action. My ammo was magtech 125 grain golden JHP's and magtech 158 grain JSP. The recoil was hard but not as bad as I expected, I shot 25 rounds and went on to my other guns. All in all it was pretty cool, like a little hand cannon.

Abbie will have to be satisfied with the 38 special I guess.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
gitarmac you rock!

The pics were great and I am glad the Taurus worked out for you. I own several of their .38 and .357 revolvers and some of their other firearms. They make a quality firearm. They also take care of their customers very well as far as the warranty, even if you are not the original purchaser.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you one day.
BTW: I think you scared some of the ones on here that were picking on you at first.
Good girl...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Mount brass brush on electric drill.  Dip in solvent, and go after it.  That'll get the buildup out of there.

i use a SS brush for that... works great
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I almost have to call BS on this.  I highly doubt that you shot that @ 25yrds, maybe 25'.

Especially with a Glock
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's my contibution.  G17 50 rounds.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, I cleaned it some with some copper and lead solvent and it seems to be build up from shooting .38 specials, a couple of the cyclinders are still tight.

I hope this doesn't mean anything bad. The gun hardly looks used, there is hardly a line around the cylinder even. The barrel looks to be chrome lined or something. The ends of the cylinders, where the bullets are, feel rough but so do the ones on the .38 specials I am conparing it to.

I guess I'll have to wait another day or so and see how she shoots. I hope I don't have cylinder binding problems, I had a .357 in which the cylinder would occasionaly lock up, I sold it.

I'm back to sorta being happy again. Happy but gaurded. Will shooting a lot of 38's cause damage?

WHAT IS STAMPED ON THE BARREL?

NUMBERS MOTHERF&$#&R...CAN YOU READ THEM?

www-personal.umich.edu/~natedogg/Jules.gif

32 Magnum

Edit - Thanks for all the pics.  Hope you don't mind the ribbing too much.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hey your kind of hot......

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost have to call BS on this.  I highly doubt that you shot that @ 25yrds, maybe 25'.

Especially with a Glock

It was 25 yards but apparently it was luck, I havn't been able to come close to that since. I don't blame you for not believing me, I wouldn't believe it either. It's really not what it seems anyway, it looks like the entire middle has been blown out when if fact I missed the X, I shot all around it and the middle fell out. The "X" is on my coffee table still I think. It fell off on the living room floor.

Sometimes I have really lucky days at the range, I have a target on my safe that is a ragged hole I shot at quite a distance with a .22mag rifle. I've never been able to repeat that either. I save those lucky one of a kind targets, they are the exeption not the rule. It's pretty cool thought when it happens around witnesses, even if deep down inside you know it's just luck!

Opps, I thought we were going to let this thread die!!!

Where is that dying thread picture when you need it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Two TVs side-by-side?

Nice sweater, BTW.

Well, on the 2 TVs, I'd tend to say "duh! How else do you watch 4 programs at the same time???? (assuming both are decent enough to have PIP (Picture In Picture) capability)"

As for the sweater comment, no offense intended, g-mac, but I HOPE you're kidding.

Quoted:
Bill Cosby called...said he wants his sweater back or he's going Jello Pudding Pops on your ass.

Quoted:
Ohhhh, the AK mags, yeah I think they are taped together, it's not my gun, I'll mention the alternative to him, he doesnt' go to gun forums on the web.

It's not a secret that I'm a member of both glock talk and ar15.com. I've referred to this site quite a bit there. I like glock talk but you can't cuss and stuff there, it's a kinder gentler website. Sometimes I enjoy the kind of entertainment that only ar15 provides. I never intended to become part of it though.

Shoot, I GlockTalk, HighRoad, +++ - but I like it BEST here (despite the "too many" assholes" part,  because you can't "knock-down  drag-out" anywhere else. I could easilly refrain from the cussing..... but I'd miss spanking the dumber asshats.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Hello, this thread is hilarious. By chance, were you at a gssf match in ohio last summer?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#47]
NICE group on that little hand canon! Should drop a perp like a rock!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
That's OK, I enjoy a good natured ribbing, I work with a bunch of catty women and this site is my excape. Besides, I'm what people commonly refer to as "wierd" so I'm pretty thick skinned. I've been a member for quite awhile but I don't post much, I know how the system works.  Some people take this internet shit too seriously and get their panties all in a wad, I'm not one of those.

I just got back from shooting my revolver, it shoots GREAT!!! The kick wasn't unbearable, I shot 25 rounds, plus my other guns. I used 2 different types of magtech ammo. I'll post a pic of the target later, I only put the target out at 5 and 10 yards, that's good enough for my needs.

{it puts the lotion on it's arm}

Good to see a sense of humor.

Speaking of this thread dieing, Your lucky the dog didn't have his paw on the trigger. It would go another 10 pages on how unsafe that damn dog is and you should be banned for not teaching her good trigger discipline.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Great thread, tho.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Here are a couple of tips for people with revolvers:

The .38s will not hurt your revolver at all, infact they are easier on the frame and will extend the life of the revolver.   So will shooting lead, instead of jacketed bullets.  It isn't much fun to clean, but it will extend the life of the barrel.   I have found that the lead rounds tend to be more accurate also.  

+1, I will add that I shoot LRN .38s all day long and then shoot about a dozen FMJ rounds at the end of my shooting session. This makes clean-up no problem at all. YMMV.

also, I have experienced the "push back" problem with homemade blanks (primer only, no powder, wad or slug.) I think that since the cartridge case with these blanks does not expand upon firing the force of the primer allows the case to slide back.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top