Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

You should have looked them right in the eye and said, yes, .... I'm here with my friend CLAUDE DALLAS. LOL

That should have been enouph to tighen both their pooper muscles.

Zen

Doubtful they even know who Claude Dallas was

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Deer are color blind aren't they?

SGatr15

They can see as far as Blue. But other than that, they trade color vision for night vision.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What right is being violated if someone checks your authentication when your engaged in a sport that REQUIRES authentication to perform?

how is that different from the police NOT being able to just pull you over for no reason?    I know in CA you have to have your fishing liscense visible when you are fishing, but i am not aware of a statute for hunting in WA to that effect.

let me guess- they were doing a terry stop on the hunter?

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
When I get confronted with rangers all I do is speak in German, and hope that they don't know it either.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
That is stupid they had no orange on.

And I could see them checking you on NF land if you were near the park to make sure you weren't poaching.

But those two clowns need some blaze orange.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Attitude is everything:

Their bad attitude  - is why this is a legitimate complaint.  You should file a harrasment report with their supervisor.

Your good attitude - keeping your mouth shut meant you got to go on your way, albeit with your hunt destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought the question "When did you start up the trail ?"  didn't have much purpose.  Typical fishing trip of questions.

I definitely would have taken the shot if the deer came into range.........excuse me while I whip this out......

Kinda too bad you didn't have your evil rifle with you.

Still it seems they are just young and less experienced.  An old Nazi type would have probably given you a worse time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

not wearing orange? i'm surprised the brain-dead wonders haven't walked into a crossfire by now. idiots.

"crossfire"?   is what they call that in Ohio?

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#11]
2 rangers packing an AR and shotgun in the woods during hunting season without any orange on.....

Maybe they were looking for a firefight with a hunter whose trigger finger was just a little too itchy.

that way they could get their names in the paper for stopping illegal poachers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
under Oklahoma law they could be cited for hunter harrassment.

please call your local game warden and advise him that your right to a hassle free hunt was violated.

i beg to differ on the juvenile side of the issue.

IF HE WAS LEGALLY within the right to hunt. then he should NOT have been stopped or cited for any reason. HE was basically hunted down and hounded by federal LEO's outside of their park boundaries, if all was said was true.

not all LEO's or park rangers respect the right to hunt in peace.

again, consult your local GW...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Pull out a pad of paper and say, can I have your badge number for my personal records? That's when you see the gears grinding,
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I still want to know how they magically knew you had a CPL? They aren't supposed to be able to just look that up with only your name, or even with your driver's license.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I still want to know how they magically knew you had a CPL? They aren't supposed to be able to just look that up with only your name, or even with your driver's license.

I don't know about whether they are supposed to be able to do that. Come to think of it, it's possible I misunderstood the radio and accidentally offered that information. I heard the radio saying something about a CPL and I said "That's in the car with my driver's license." The guy on the radio might have just been fishing for ways to do a check.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#16]
[RussianAccent]Your papers... they are not in order...[/RussianAccent]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I've never been asked for lic. info during prime time. Most DNR types know better
around here than to mess up your hunt in the woods.

They will just hang around parking areas and check you out on the way in or out.
And they all wear orange during hunting season.

You met some real dumbasses.

GM

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#18]
When a cop asks me where I'm going or something similar, I politely ask "Is that important?"  or "Am I doing something illegal?"  I think it's a little too close to Nazi Germany when the authorities need to know the details of my private life.  And cops would get more respect if it weren't for the few storm troopers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top