BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dammit.....thanks for ruining the show for me.  I often wondered where they got their "modern amenities" and if they had electric.  That's a shame.  There's a new show, "Live Free or Die", or something like that.  I missed the first episode, but the commercials for it looked interesting.  By the sounds of what you're telling me, I suspect they're just camped out in the woods behind Wal-Mart.  Fucking TV....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd give almost anything to live there, experiencing life to live, surviving on the land.  Except Jane would have to move out.  And my sheltered, suburban wife and kids wouldn't last 3 days.  

Now where did I put that new box of K-Cups.....

as some one who lives a few miles away,...you will be shocked at all the stuff the t.v. show edits and photoshops out it's not what it seems,..the "homestead is 1/4 mile off a main paved road and 7 minutes away from a major grocery  store a mcdonalds and subway,...sorry to burst your bubble but that show is nothing but a bunch of concocted up bullshit

Dammit.....thanks for ruining the show for me.  I often wondered where they got their "modern amenities" and if they had electric.  That's a shame.  There's a new show, "Live Free or Die", or something like that.  I missed the first episode, but the commercials for it looked interesting.  By the sounds of what you're telling me, I suspect they're just camped out in the woods behind Wal-Mart.  Fucking TV....

no we don't haz a wal mart here closest one is 80 miles away,...they do live on the "homestead" which is locked up in a land trust they can build/live on and utilize the land but can not sell any of it,...they don't show you the houses they live in just the out buildings and such,...really the show is an embarrassment,..if you want actual as close to real Alaska t.v shows watch Alaska State Troopers and Deadest Catch
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't show it often, but sometimes you can see shots of Homer in the background.  Those shots don't last long.

The family itself is worth millions, but I don't know how much of that is tied up in their land.

Bottom line: at it's core, the show is fake, pure and simple.  but it's sometimes fun to watch, far better than the latest "dances of the stars" or similar bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hardly what one would call hot. Maybe Alaska hot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

hearty breeding stock
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top