User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Engraved Spyderco knives
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Not something they can keep, but how about treating them to some sort of adventure . . . . I'm thinking a round of sporting clays, a charted bus trip to the ball park, golf outing, Zip line, float trip, visit to the Mustang Ranch . . . ?

If you want to give them something to keep, have  you considered clothing? At places I worked, they occasionally popped for things like wind shirts, jackets, etc. Maybe a Carhardt jacket with your company name on them. Sometimes the old place I worked would pass around a couple of pages from the Land's End Corporate catalog and let us choose from two or three options, and pick our size.

Or combine the two ideas. Take them (and their wives/girlfriends) to the ballpark and give them some nice article of clothing as a memento.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Engraved Leatherman FTMFW
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]

How about a pizza party?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd buy that for myself before I ever bought it for someone else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 keys of snow and some hookers

I'd buy that for myself before I ever bought it for someone else.

well, then, I guess you're not THAT committed to your coworkers are you?

Look, aside from the legal stand point, the above gift idea has real production benefits.

The "snow" would increase output and the hookers would keep them smiling and relaxed.

you would be a production GOD !!!

But for the budget you implied it would probably be Rip-it's and playboy magazines.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Cookies and/or bbq
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tote a grill to work one day, knock off for lunch a half hour early and grill 'em each a 2" thick Porterhouse.
View Quote

This is a really good idea.  You get a trinket, it's soon forgotten.  But grilling 'em steaks means a) you put your own time into it and b) you put your own dollars into it.

Add a batch of homemade ice cream and they'll talk about it for weeks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Its hard when buying for multiple people and getting them all the same thing. Have you considered gift cards to someplace? guys like quality bad ass stuff. I've been given coats, Japanese fish knives, boots and all sorts of stuff.

Hey what about some bad ass belt buckles that relate to your crew and their job?

What kind of equipment do they run?
View Quote

Excavators with specialized attachments and loaders.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its hard when buying for multiple people and getting them all the same thing. Have you considered gift cards to someplace? guys like quality bad ass stuff. I've been given coats, Japanese fish knives, boots and all sorts of stuff.

Hey what about some bad ass belt buckles that relate to your crew and their job?

Like demo shears? I bet someone on ARF has a cnc machine. Bad ass belt buckles would be so sweet. Especially with nice heavy duty belts
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Like demo shears? I bet someone on ARF has a cnc machine. Bad ass belt buckles would be so sweet. Especially with nice heavy duty belts
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that would be pretty cool actually...

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Something they can keep to remember. Preferably not too cheesy. Giving them cash isn't an option, I'm hourly just like they are. I already buy them booze occasionally. Anyone have any ideas?
View Quote

Take em paintballin
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Leathermans work for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Brick of 22lr
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Brick of 22lr
View Quote

Lets be realistic here.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Zippo.

Standard zippo about 10-12 bucks
Engraving name 10 bucks each.

JMHO
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/Cold+Steel/Cold+Steel%C2%AE+Mini+Tac+Kiridashi+with+Faux+G-10/CS49HKF.html

Well within your price range, for 5 bucks more a knife you can go with the tanto.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Zippo.

JMHO
View Quote

I'm sure all the non-smokers will really appreciate that gift.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tote a grill to work one day, knock off for lunch a half hour early and grill 'em each a 2" thick Porterhouse.
View Quote

Something along these lines
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I gave my whole crew at the end of last year a 1 oz silver bar. was cheap like 28 bucks a piece.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
SOG
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
A few months back, my boss did something similar. Gave each of us a CRKT Drifter folding knife, and a AA Mag-Lite. Neither is the most exotic or the most expensive of its type, but both are very functional and reliable. I carry and use them both every day, and the gift is still much appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
step 1: cut a hole in a box?
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Fleshlights.  Always appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Get them each something personalized to them. For example, one guy likes hunting, get him a gift card to a hunting supply store. Another guy like boating, gift certificate to a boating detail place. Third guy likes cooking, certificate to a nice chef supply store. Things like that.

Hand deliver each certificate in an envelope to thier houses, so their family members can see that what they do is appreciated. And thank them during a hand shake.

Doesnt even have to be a lot of money. The gesture is what they will remember, and what their family will remember.

Getting the same thing, or taking the group out is lazy, and sure employees like it, but the next day they dont give a shit, and ghe family members of those people dont care either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Hammers. Bitches love hammers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Over the years, my techs always appreciated steaks on the grill more than any other gift.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Get gift certificates from a good local restaurant.

Have them print them out on pink paper.

Hand them out at the end of the day on Friday.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Get gift certificates from a good local restaurant.

Have them print them out on pink paper.

Hand them out at the end of the day on Friday.
View Quote

That's cruel lol
I'm sure that if he did it most would just see the pink and flip shit till they read it
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zippo.

JMHO

I know alot of smokers that carry zippos/lighters.  Like I said just in case your reading impaired. JMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice Case knives... or some other brand of knife.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Challenge coins.  You can put your company logo on one side and then one the back write something about how this was given for your hard work and dedication to getting the job done.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#33]
For a knife I recommend a Spyderco Tenacious...
Spyderco Tenacious

For a light I recommend a Fenix LD20

Fenix LD20
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#34]
SOG multi tool/plier.

I use the one I was issued in the military daily.  It is not only a cool gift, but it will actually make your guys even more productive.  I was a heavy equipment operator in the Air Force.  I was issued a Gerber/Leather man/SOG at every assignment the Gerber and Leatherman sit in a drawer, but the SOG goes everywhere with me.  How many times does one of your guys have to use it instead of digging out a screwdriver or pliers, or tracking down a mechanic before it pays for itself?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Vegemite sandwiches.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Customized heavy coats.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top