Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/9/2013 12:49:24 PM EDT
I have been racking my brain trying to decide on a design. I come to  arfcom for ideas. Probably going to go on my left leg. Was thinking of keeping adding to it to cover my whole lower left leg below the knee. Thoughts of the tree of liberty to start.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
in b4 inky haters
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be watching this thread.  Been thinking about the same thing.  Gadsden pattern came to mind.  Or the tree of liberty with red roots.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the tree of liberty, but you'll look a little extreme with the quote to match it.  Gadsden is cool, but everyone is doing it.  I'd do a ton of research and find an obscure image that strikes you.  

How often do you wear shorts?
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like the tree of liberty, but you'll look a little extreme with the quote to match it.  Gadsden is cool, but everyone is doing it.  I'd do a ton of research and find an obscure image that strikes you.  

How often do you wear shorts?

In the summer a lot
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
So what kind of tattoos did Washington, Jefferson, Adams and Henry have?
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
get the one that started it all

google Join or Die..
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
get the one that started it all

google Join or Die..

No need to Google.  I know it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want a pic I think the Militiaman holding the rifle is a good one.  You could find a quote to accompany it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I used a mix of a few different things, on my left arm, black & white.

A banner with "Domari Nolo" (not dominated) with the join or die snake just above the banner and mine and my wife units custom muzzle loaders in the back-ground. I'm pretty pleased with it, the rifles could've been done a little better. It gets the point across to people who ask about it.

http://www.flagguys.com/firstcont.html

Eagle wrapped in a flag with, give me liberty or give me death written around it on my right arm in color.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Part of my sleeve is a skull with a tri point hat, representing a member of the Continental Army and a gadsden rattler and then a skull with a confederate cavalry hat  and then a skull with a union cap and then.....  well you get it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
My idea for a revolutionary war themed tat involves a solider in tattered uniform bits, skeleton and all, holding an AR.  Some FF quote or something underneath it.  Haven't fully fleshed it out yet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Ben Franklin, naked, wielding a musket and a tomahawk.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Sons of liberty flag. I've been wanting one on my wrist for a while now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Young Ben or old Ben?
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My idea for a revolutionary war themed tat involves a solider in tattered uniform bits, skeleton and all, holding an AR.  Some FF quote or something underneath it.  Haven't fully fleshed it out yet.

One of my problems is I draw like a preschooler so putting an idea on paper is hard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my problems is I draw like a preschooler so putting an idea on paper is hard.

I can't even draw a stick figure, so I know how you feel.

Do you have an idea where you're going to get it done?  I've been shopping the studios pretty hard before I get my first, so I have a few good places in mind if you don't.  I'm looking more at folks who can do realism though so if that's not your bag, I can't help much.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Young Ben or old Ben?

Dead Ben! Zombie Ben!

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right back at ya there, Hoss.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Get a tattoo of Sherman on yer dick, then take a tour of the south, banging as many southern chicks as you can. You won't be able to fuck as many southerners as he did originally, but give it a shot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Young Ben or old Ben?

Either way it's fat ugly Ben.

He should have Betsy Ross hanging off of him like a bond girl.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Get a tattoo of Sherman on yer dick, then take a tour of the south, banging as many southern chicks as you can. You won't be able to fuck as many southerners as he did originally, but give it a shot.

Bonus points if you leave them with a burning sensation?

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bonus points if you leave them with a burning sensation?

You went there, I didn't. For the record.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wrong war, hotdog.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Not an inkie, but if you are gonna do it, make it good.
Sounds like a larger pic would be best.

Check these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=molly%20pitcher&rlz=1C1RNPY_enUS421US421&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=PJBkUc2-KaraywGt-YDIBw&biw=1280&bih=642&sei=QJBkUe-WHYigyAHOwICYCw

https://www.google.com/search?q=molly%20pitcher&rlz=1C1RNPY_enUS421US421&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=PJBkUc2-KaraywGt-YDIBw&biw=1280&bih=642&sei=QJBkUe-WHYigyAHOwICYCw
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong war, hotdog.

Yeah, but this is GD, so this thread should rightfully be a Civil War thread. I'm correcting OPs obvious error.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, but this is GD, so this thread should rightfully be a Civil War thread. I'm correcting OPs obvious error.

A full color back-piece of Sherman raping Jackson, with Atlanta burning in the background.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Get the back of a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even draw a stick figure, so I know how you feel.

Do you have an idea where you're going to get it done?  I've been shopping the studios pretty hard before I get my first, so I have a few good places in mind if you don't.  I'm looking more at folks who can do realism though so if that's not your bag, I can't help much.

Chris at Mantra is great. Cool guy. Did my last tattoo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have been racking my brain trying to decide on a design. I come to  arfcom for ideas. Probably going to go on my left leg. Was thinking of keeping adding to it to cover my whole lower left leg below the knee. Thoughts of the tree of liberty to start.

You should wait and get the tat of the symbol for the second American revolution.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Get one with scantily clad Martha Washington
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings.

Do it.

On your neck.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in b4 inky haters

PureSkins don't hate.  We only wish to help.

All that ink in your bloodstream is making you paranoid.

One day. We inkies are going to gang up on you. Pin you down, while someone tattoos Yosemite sam on your ass cheek, near your ass hole. With the words "Come out of that hole you wascally wabbit!"  

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#38]
My left arm is topped by a Sons of Liberty piece.
From the top of my bicep to my elbow, it says "we the people".
On the top of my elbow itself is a III%
On the top of my forearm is an American flag, made to look like it's under the skin.
On the inside of my forearm is a 9/11 memorial piece.
On the outside of my forearm is a Gadsden flag based piece.
I'll post pics later, but there are some ideas.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in b4 inky haters

PureSkins don't hate.  We only wish to help.

All that ink in your bloodstream is making you paranoid.

One day. We inkies are going to gang up on you. Pin you down, while someone tattoos Yosemite sam on your ass cheek, near your ass hole. With the words "Come out of that hole you wascally wabbit!"  

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Yosemite-Sam-warner-brothers-animation-30976315-800-766.jpg

My right shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So what kind of tattoos did Washington, Jefferson, Adams and Henry have?

Well played, Sir!!       Well played!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My left arm is topped by a Sons of Liberty piece.
From the top of my bicep to my elbow, it says "we the people".
On the top of my elbow itself is a III%
On the top of my forearm is an American flag, made to look like it's under the skin.
On the inside of my forearm is a 9/11 memorial piece.
On the outside of my forearm is a Gadsden flag based piece.
I'll post pics later, but there are some ideas.

I would like to see it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#42]
How about a subdued cannon with the gadsden or another historical flag behind it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#43]

i like the look the Assasins creed 3 game has for some of the imagery

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
revolutionary war era, just not U.S. revolutionary war, but I always liked this painting. I recon a good artist could put a different flag there.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#46]
You don't want a Revolutionary War era tat, you want something Patriotic.  Big difference.......

Now if you want a bunch of actual 18th Century tattoo ref's let me know, both written descriptions and depictions of tattoos in artwork are part of the historical record.

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How about a subdued cannon with the gadsden or another historical flag behind it?

That's an idea
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You don't want a Revolutionary War era tat, you want something Patriotic.  Big difference.......

Now if you want a bunch of actual 18th Century tattoo ref's let me know, both written descriptions and depictions of tattoos in artwork are part of the historical record.

This interests me. I have some blank space on my left arm and need filler.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top