Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
SGB, where in Berrien Co did you live at?

I live in the southwest corner of MI (Berrien County.)  I live in the middle of nowhere, and enjoy living in a rural environment.  My only gripe is that where my house is located, it's a broadband blackhole.  No DSL, no cable, and poor cell phone reception.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try ohio. our slogan is: we suck slightly less than michigan!

That is debatable...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So how far have the middle eastern people infiltrated into local and state politics up in Michigan?. Give it twenty years and there will probably be calling it Michiganistan. Move down South and rearm. It will be the South that will eventually have to set things right if it ever happens. We have more of a history and support of stronger states rights and freedoms. I really don't understand how people live in states like Michigan or California.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Why is it that so many people think the solution is to run?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a small problem with your logic here.

I agree with what you said about Granholm being a Canadian liberal, and about her taking the lowball bid despite the state law.

But.....

You say the Toyotas will compete with U.S.  made products and jobs.

They're going to be made in Michigan.  The jobs are in Michigan.  The products are made in Michigan.  How are they competing with U.S. made products and/or taking jobs away from Americans?  Maybe some management jobs, but even then the net total of white and blue collar jobs in Michigan will increase, and they're just the kind of high-paying jobs the state needs to be creating.

All of the Japanese companies are looking to increase their presence in the U.S, therefore CREATING jobs for Americans, at high wages.

And who cares if they're union?  They pay almost identically to the Big 3 (or big 2.5 now), but they demand accountability and performance for the money.  They make a damn fine product too, because they don't have to keep the dead weight and put up with the lazy union mentality.  

For example:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0409/11/a01-268458.htm

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Quoted:

So to sum it up your Canadian Born, California Educated, Female Democrat Governor has a plan to:
screw the budget out of 10 to 15 million in revenu and give special treatment to a foreign non-union company that is a direct threat US made products and jobs.  Get this, she's says it's worth it because it might create a couple hundred jobs!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. remeber in Michigan you need a hunting license, CCW permit, or a range membership card to lawfully transport an unloaded and cased handgun to the range.

I've NEVER seen this mentioned when I took that test or seen it in the pistol purchase pamphlet.  What if you want to drive from your house to some land you own to shoot...?  HTF are they going to regulate that?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I left Muskegon in '89 because of no jobs in the west MI area paying more than $5/hr.  I do miss the outdoors up there,  but I don't realy miss the cold all that much.  Both of my brothers have moved back up there in the past 3 yrs.  The brother that moved up there in July took him about 3 weeks to get a job and then he had to know the guy who did the hiring.  

Now the union thing,  if the empolyers down here would pay a decent wage and benefits I could put up with all the hurricanes.  If I didn't own my house and have a GF I would move jsut to get out of here.  It is getting that I can't people anymore.  I need to get in the bush for awhile recharge my batteries.

Ok enough of my rant about FL and MI.

OH YEAH F'ing ND beat MCIHIGAN too damn now I am realy pissed!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I constantly think of moving back to Michigan to be closer to family, but every time I visit, things just look worse than the last time I was there.

WTF happened to Flint? That has got to be one of the best examples of a city gone into the shitter...

Democrats.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because life is short.

Burn Detroit to the ground.

Rename it New Phoenix, Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, we have no gun control (but no CCW), higher taxes, and better congresscritters...

Weather still sucks the same, though...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had it with Michigan too!!!

Can't beat friggen Notre Lame..... WTF is up with THAT!!!

Messed up my picks so I concur, Michigan sucks!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Simple. Michigan's SBT tax, which the crazy canada governor refuses to allow to sunset, is based on payroll plus gross Michigan income. Toyota, and all outside corps, can control the percentage of Michigan income simply by having sale income funnel out of state. Michigan corps can't do that, and pay three to four times more state tax.

Quoted:
I have a small problem with your logic here.

I agree with what you said about Granholm being a Canadian liberal, and about her taking the lowball bid despite the state law.

But.....

You say the Toyotas will compete with U.S.  made products and jobs.

They're going to be made in Michigan.  The jobs are in Michigan.  The products are made in Michigan.  How are they competing with U.S. made products and/or taking jobs away from Americans?  Maybe some management jobs, but even then the net total of white and blue collar jobs in Michigan will increase, and they're just the kind of high-paying jobs the state needs to be creating.

All of the Japanese companies are looking to increase their presence in the U.S, therefore CREATING jobs for Americans, at high wages.

And who cares if they're union?  They pay almost identically to the Big 3 (or big 2.5 now), but they demand accountability and performance for the money.  They make a damn fine product too, because they don't have to keep the dead weight and put up with the lazy union mentality.  

For example:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0409/11/a01-268458.htm

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Quoted:

So to sum it up your Canadian Born, California Educated, Female Democrat Governor has a plan to:
screw the budget out of 10 to 15 million in revenu and give special treatment to a foreign non-union company that is a direct threat US made products and jobs.  Get this, she's says it's worth it because it might create a couple hundred jobs!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I couldnt stand that stupid pistol purchsase permit system. three trips just to buy a gun.

Quoted:
It's a pain to buy a pistol, but it's a lot easier to pack it here, isn't it?

Not really. remeber in Michigan you need a hunting license, CCW permit, or a range membership card to lawfully transport an unloaded and cased handgun to the range.
In Cali we have open carry, unlicensed CCW is only a misdemeanor ticket, and you can carry concealed at your campsite just like in your home.  Try unlicensed CCW at a state park in Michigan.
Ah, so it's okay to carry CCW illegally because it's only a misdemeanor I think I'll just do the paperwork.

It ain't perfect, but it still beats the PRK system.

Quoted:
Granholm has completely screwed every group that got her elected.  Teachers, unions, state employees but as usual those groups are too damn blind to realize it.

Boy, now if only she'd come out pro-gun, she'd have my vote.
Even my staunchly conservative uncle admits that Engler dumped a big mess in her lap. I won't vote for her because she isn't pro-gun, but it doesn't bother me if she screws those groups over.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've NEVER seen this mentioned when I took that test or seen it in the pistol purchase pamphlet.  What if you want to drive from your house to some land you own to shoot...?  HTF are they going to regulate that?  

At first, I thought you misquoting me. Then I realized I had the tags screwed up in my post.
Anyway, to answer your question, according to the MSP FAQ, you are okay to do that.

.  If I do not have a CCW permit, may I transport my pistol in a motor vehicle?
A person is now permitted to transport a pistol for a lawful purpose if the owner or occupant of the vehicle is the registered owner of the firearm and the pistol is unloaded and in a closed case in the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a trunk, the pistol may be in the passenger compartment of the vehicle unloaded and inaccessible to the occupants of the vehicle.

The law defines ‘lawful purpose’ as:

While en route to or from a hunting or target shooting area.
While transporting a pistol to or from home or place of business and a place of repair.
While moving goods from one place of residence or business to another place of residence or business.
While transporting a licensed pistol to or from a law enforcement agency for the purpose of having a safety inspection performed (registering the pistol) or to have a law enforcement official take possession of the pistol.
While en route to or from home or place of business to a gun show or place of purchase or sale.
While en route to or from home to a public shooting facility or land where the discharge of firearms is permitted.
While en route to or from home to private property where the pistol is to be used as permitted by law, rule, regulation, or local ordinance.

Anyway, all of the above is my primary motivating factor in obtaining my conceald carry permit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because life is short.

Burn Detroit to the ground.

Rename it New Phoenix, Michigan.

Sounds like a plan, you bringin' the matchs?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top