BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Um - Kevin_M4.

That appears to be a tiny picture of a small red spide (with only four legs) on a white background [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Spiders FREAK me out.  I've been getting a lot better about it, but I still shake all my clothes before I put them on since I don't want a Brown Reclude biting my ass when I put on my pants.
View Quote

I thought I was the only one that did that. Every day, religiously, without fail.

I ain't afraid of anything on earth except spiders. Every last damn one of the little evil bastards are spawned in hell.

I've killed [i]14[/i] Black Widows in the last 10 days around the foundation of the house (Spring Hatching, I guess) I have soaked the foundation with the most toxic, vile chemical agents that are known to cause death in Arachnids that are commercially available.

The best thing I've found for satisfying and instantaneous spider death?

Kleen-Strip Varnish and Paint Stripper.  It's sold at Wal Mart for 6.78 a can, and it's an orange oversized aerosol can.
It Literally turns the little spawns of Satan into goo. Engine Degreaser and Carb Cleaner work pretty good, too.

Damn Spiders...

RF

Link Posted: 4/10/2003 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, did I click on this thread.  And why the hell did I go through all three pages.  I'm not going to sleep well for a while.

I swelled up head to toe when I was six years old from a spider bite.  My eyes were swollen shut, and my genitals were bigger than they've ever been!  Seriously though, it was horrible.  Had to get all sorts of shots, etc.  It was scary waking up and thinking I had gone blind.

I f**king hate spiders, but I [b]never[/b] kill them when they're not in the house.  They are welcome in my yard/garden, but not in my living quarters.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
or a photoshop job
View Quote

Yup, I smell Photoshop on this one......Take a real close look.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Urban legend - spiders don't like the heat of human bodies, and avoid it if they can.

[url] http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm[/url]
View Quote

Wow.  Thanks Prof.  I heard that on a morning radio show here.  Just goes to show ya...

Scott
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... my genitals were bigger than they've ever been! ....
View Quote

I bet you wish they were still swollen to that size don't ya??
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]

I have seen my 'Jan Brady' sister literally launch off the sofa vertically from a spider, and my baby sister and myself almost wet ourselves from laughter.

I will never understand how or why people have this major fear of spiders, but if you guys are that serious, you need to deal with it or pray the S never HTF or you will never sleep 'in the field'. Jake the snake is a bigger threat, and he is nothing to have a major phobia of.

Link Posted: 4/10/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I HATE SPIDERS!!!!! UUGHHH I WILL SHOOT SPIDERS!  

Infact I had a pretty large one walk past me once while up at my uncle's farm.  It found out what 30 rounds of hot lead tasted like.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you have serious issues with spiders, don't follow this link.  

[url]http://pub169.ezboard.com/feqluclinfrm12.showMessageRange?topicID=532.topic&start=1&stop=20[/url]
View Quote

Nooo...THIS guy has a slight spider problem. This is your ONLY spew alert warning. If you REALLY have problems with arachnids...don't go to this link and see what a Brown Recluse's bite looks like on some guy's thumb after only ten days.[puke]

[url]http://www.strangecosmos.com/view.adp?picture_id=10463[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you have serious issues with spiders, don't follow this link.  

[url]http://pub169.ezboard.com/feqluclinfrm12.showMessageRange?topicID=532.topic&start=1&stop=20[/url]
View Quote

Nooo...THIS guy has a slight spider problem. This is your ONLY spew alert warning. If you REALLY have problems with arachnids...don't go to this link and see what a Brown Recluse's bite looks like on some guy's thumb after only ten days.[puke]

[url]http://www.strangecosmos.com/view.adp?picture_id=10463[/url]
View Quote

who the hell waits ten days to get that taken care of?!  did he fall down a well?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
One of Jerry's kids? Maybe he just sobered up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#17]
my wife found a big ol nasty spider in our house of course she freaked out and screamed, I captured it in a tupperware jar then put it in the freezer. Little later I looked at it and shook the container, its big black butt fell off, shook it again and its head and all it's legs popped off. Looked kinda like this :

/ _ / \ O | | / \ o

[;)]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#19]
 If the victim of this bite would have paid attention to his symptoms that entire necrosis bit could have been avoided.........

poor bastard.

Got chased around the plant by a boxing spider once....creepy, big ass things that are REALLY fast and REALLY aggressive when they get big...I threw a chair at it...which missed...and it kept coming at me ( even more angry ) so I matadored it with a labcoat ( i.e. I blanketed his ass ) then stomped on it for a minute or two.....left the labcoat there and walked away.  Don't even wanna know if I got him or not...all I could think of was the medical bay scene in "ALIENS" where the facehugger is chasing Rpiley all over the room.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top