Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Mateba quit while you're behind.  Their hate for Gore outweighs all reasoning and logic.  

Tomorrows topic will be "Weather versus Climate.  Just because it is snowing in August doesn't mean there is no Global Warming..."

Care to weigh in on the claim that any number of natural occurrences completely eclipse man's entire carbon producing history, thus rendering our collective carbon emissions, while certainly not non-existent, more or less inconsequential?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think there's no doubt man's activity is causing a rise in global temps. It's very basic thermodynamics, heat is transferred in 3 ways, convection, conduction, and radiation. Virtually all heat on earth is transferred through radiation, with radiation, absorptivity plays a crucial role... greenhouse gases affect absorptivity. I however don't believe the effects are as great as the Gore followers would have people think, but I think it is much greater than the naysayers here think it is. I think some of the "green" push is self serving scams at worse, feel-good bs at best, but the effects of global warming will be real.

I also think most people here that constantly dismiss it don't have a clue on the subject. The ones that aren't outright ignorant have only sought out information that reinforces what they want to hear. But it seems that's ok because that's what many people here use ARFCOM for anyways, like a self help group where people just gather around to pat each other on the back and say "you're right" because when they are out in the real world, they are constantly being told they are wrong. Whether they actually are right seems to be unimportant. It really is pointless debating with them.

I thought the relationship between the concentration of an absorbing species and the amount of radiation it absorbed was logarithmic.  Doesn't that mean we'd have to pump an enormous amount of carbon dioxide (many, many times more than we already have) in order to cause a substantial change in climate?

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, sir.  It's real alright.  Clearly it is a regular occuring event in the natural cycle almost certainly tied to the solar cycles.  This chart clearly shows that we are just past the peak of the last warming cycle and starting that long slow march to the next ice age.  

http://www.wunderground.com/education/ricky/RBRWuG0042_CO2_T_Vostok.gif

You clowns are so oblivious, every time you guys go on your ignorant rants, you don't even realize the "evidence" you present counter your own arguments.

How does this chart tie anything with with solar cycles? It doesn't, but let's use a word you don't understand to sound smart!

If you do put faith in this chart, what it does show is a strong correlation between CO2 levels and global temps. There appears to be a natural cycle with a period of about 100,000 years. In the past, CO2 levels could be expected to drop (and temps along with it) after the peaks, but that was before man came about releasing enormous amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere. There's no doubt that CO2 levels are on the rise, this chart if anything indicates CO2 levels are spiking and temperatures will follow.

Are we to infer from this that you're a global warming troofer?

You might infer that I actually research things and don't jump on bandwagons merely to spite people from the other political party.

You might just answer a simple question.

I guess it's obvious you need things spelled out for you. Is my position not obvious to you?

yes - you have clearly explained how the increase in CO2 levels are causing the temperatures to spike on earth - and on the other planets as well

you get the dumbass post for the day prize

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, sir.  It's real alright.  Clearly it is a regular occuring event in the natural cycle almost certainly tied to the solar cycles.  This chart clearly shows that we are just past the peak of the last warming cycle and starting that long slow march to the next ice age.  

You clowns are so oblivious, every time you guys go on your ignorant rants, you don't even realize the "evidence" you present counter your own arguments.

How does this chart tie anything with with solar cycles? It doesn't, but let's use a word you don't understand to sound smart!

If you do put faith in this chart, what it does show is a strong correlation between CO2 levels and global temps. There appears to be a natural cycle with a period of about 100,000 years. In the past, CO2 levels could be expected to drop (and temps along with it) after the peaks, but that was before man came about releasing enormous amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere. There's no doubt that CO2 levels are on the rise, this chart if anything indicates CO2 levels are spiking and temperatures will follow.

You might infer that I actually research things and don't jump on bandwagons merely to spite people from the other political party.

I guess it's obvious you need things spelled out for you. Is my position not obvious to you?

yes - you have clearly explained how the increase in CO2 levels are causing the temperatures to spike on earth - and on the other planets as well

Is C02 causing temperatures to spike on other planets?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's trying to say that other planets are experiencing temperature increases as well, absent of mans effect on their climate, I don't know if that's accurate or not, but that's how I'm reading it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
How confident are we that other planets are experiencing temperature increases, and how do we know the causes are the same?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How confident are we that other planets are experiencing temperature increases, and how do we know the causes are the same?

How confident are we that OUR planet is experiencing temperature increases and that the causes are known?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How confident are we that OUR planet is experiencing temperature increases and that the causes are known?

We're confident that we experienced recent rises in temps and wild fluctuations all through the Pleistocene.  I have yet to see a testable reason why.

But I haven't been looking too hard.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does this chart tie anything with with solar cycles?
It doesn't, but let's use a word you don't understand to sound smart!

As you know, correlation is not causation.  If you look at that chart, you'll see that the temperature is the leading indicator - as in, the Earth heats up, therefore there is more CO2 in the air.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I, for one, can't take the "scientists" seriously for one simple reason...............they can't even get the weather prediction right for THIS week!!!      

Until they can get that nailed down, sorry if I'm a little skeptical about the "predicted" temperature rising, sea levels, etc, etc......

I love how the far left only question those things that detract from their views; all else is "FACT" and can never be called into question!  Yeesh!!  Guess ignorance is bliss.    

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You hear that, future people?!!?

You should address future people in spanish.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:20:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, that pretty much speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
The good thing is that nature is built around negative feedback cycles.  It will soon eliminate the source of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
The high Church of Global warming and Evolution are 2 of the biggest beliefs of liberals...it makes them feel better, that they are so smart.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#16]
That chart shows temp and CO2 changes for the past 300K years.  It fails to show out impact on the system as a whole given that we've been giving off CO2 via machinery for less than 200 years now.  Our timespan is a mere blip on that chart with regards to time...there is not much information that can be gathered from that chart with regards to our effects on the planet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's trying to say that other planets are experiencing temperature increases as well, absent of mans effect on their climate, I don't know if that's accurate or not, but that's how I'm reading it.

essentially correct

do your own research - there is plenty of evidence for this

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#18]

The Earths weather is effected by it's location relative to ...in theory....all other bodies of matter in space even though 99.99999% the amount is so small it's negligible.  However, our temp is effected by solar radiation which differs depending on where in our galactic revolution we are...(among other things obv)...and I believe that's what they're referring to.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mateba quit while you're behind.  Their hate for Gore outweighs all reasoning and logic.  

Tomorrows topic will be "Weather versus Climate.  Just because it is snowing in August doesn't mean there is no Global Warming..."

This will be followed by Thursday's topic "Weather IS Climate. Any heat wave this summer will be proof positive of Global Warming..."
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The only problem with those graphs are the CO2 levels are EXTRAPOLATED from fossil record.  Using the ASSUMPTION that the organisms did not evolve.  Or adapt.  And that is wrong.

This man thinks otherwise.  

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/684679/80514713.jpg

LOL.

Al gore did not invent the internet. He DID, however, invent global warming.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#21]
FACTS.

The mantra of the government environmental health agencies is "It is not important that we tell people the truth.  It is important to get them to do what we want them to do."  I know.  I was there.

Global temperatures were stable/cooling until the early 1990's when NASA (Al Gore did not invent global warming) discovered their theories did not mesh with reality.  They "recalibrated" the satellites to properly reflect what must be going on.

EEU and French officials have already publicly admitted their climage change initiative is "not about the environment, it is about becoming competitive with the US."

Some people who have come on the scene late, choose to ignore what happened a few years ago or last week, and don't understand funamental scientific principles can be easily confused.  Also, sometimes people embarass themselves by tirading against a joke.  I thought that's how this started.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#22]
REPOST:

Man-made global warming is not about evidence and science - it's about money and politics.

1. How much of the total atmosphere is composed of CO2?
ANSWER: Approx 0.04% of the atmosphere is CO2

2. How much of the "greenhouse gas" warming effect of the atmosphere is due to CO2?
ANSWER: CO2 accounts for approx 5% of the warming effect of "greenhouse gases" (the vast majority 90-95% is due to water vapor).

3. How much of the total atmospheric CO2 is man-made?
ANSWER: Approx 3.5% of total atmospheric CO2 is man-made.

4. (and here's the biggie) - How much of the "greenhouse gas" warming effect of atmospheric CO2 is due to man-made CO2?
ANSWER: (5%) x (3.5%) = 0.175% of the warming effect of "greenhouse gases" is due to man-made CO2.

BONUS QUESTION: How much of a reduction in man-made CO2 was the Kyoto Protocol supposed to result in AND what percent of the total "greenhouse gas" warming effect of the atmosphere would that reduction have caused?
ANSWER: Kyoto Protocol called for 30% reduction in CO2 emissions, which would translate into a decrease in the man-made CO2 "greenhouse gas" warming effect from 0.175% down to 0.122%, or a reduction in the warming effect of 0.053%. That's about five one-hundreths of a percent reduction in the warming effect of greenhouse gases.

And to show that the man-made Global Warming garbage is based mostly on politics rather than science:
1) China and India, the two greatest polluters in the world (and most other third-world nations) are exempt from Kyoto Protocol - they can pollute all they want, no questions asked. Does only American and European CO2 affect the atmosphere?

2) Any nation can still pollute all they want, they just have to pay more "carbon offsets". In other words - it's all about MONEY and POWER, not the environment. The environment is just an excuse for organizations like the UN to gain more power over our economy and suck more money from us.

3) So much of the man-made Global Warming hysteria is just that - hysteria. It's built on fear, not science. "Oh but what if it's true? We must act now just in case it is true" they say. Is that how scientists operate? We KNOW that's how politicians operate. That argument of "what if it is true - we have to act now!" is exactly like George Bush's argument for going to war in Iraq, "What if Saddam really does still have WMDs?" So is THAT how scientists want our national science policy to work - just like Bush's Iraq WMD policy?

4) The leaders of the Religion Of Global Warming have already announced that the "debate was over". Of course, all those hundreds of scientists and climatologists who weren't already in agreement were threatened with losing their jobs if they dared "question authority" and dispute the findings of the self-annointed high priests of Global Warming. HUGE Federal grants are awarded to those who study "crises", not "lack-of-crises". Environmentalists have created a huge cash-cow for themselves. The more they study and publish about the global-warming "crisis", the more Federal money will be funneled into this "crisis". Follow the money... it leads right into politician's and their useful-scientist's pockets.

And then of course - you have to doubt the very data and computer models themselves being used to measure and predict this so-called global warming:
A decline in fog and haze clears the air but also fuels 10 to 20 percent of the warming in Europe, a new study concludes
February 14th, 2009

A substantial part of the long-term warming seen in Europe during recent decades is the result of a decline in the region’s pollution and fog, a new study suggests.

Aerosols — tiny particles or droplets suspended in the atmosphere, such as fog, smoke and various pollutants — scatter light and cut down on visibility. But aerosols also scatter incoming radiation from the sun back into space, thereby cooling the atmosphere just above the ground level, says Pascal Yiou, an atmospheric scientist at the Laboratory of Climate Sciences and the Environment in Gif-sur-Yvette, France. Yiou and his colleagues recently studied the link between aerosols and cooling by analyzing temperature and daytime visibility data gathered at 342 weather stations throughout Europe from the late 1970s through 2006.
Comparing data taken at weather stations located within 100 kilometers of each other, the researchers found that the temperature at a locale where the visibility was less than two kilometers was also typically about 2 degrees Celsius lower than the temperature where visibility extended more than 15 kilometers.

This long-term decline in aerosol concentration over Europe has therefore led to an increase in warming on the continent, the researchers say. All together, data suggest that average temperatures have warmed about 0.08 degrees Celsius per decade since the 1970s — between 10 and 20 percent of the total warming observed during that period, Yiou and his colleagues report . The rest of the warming stemmed from other factors, such as changes in weather patterns and the increased concentration of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide.

In eastern Europe, where air pollution was particularly bad before the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 devastated economies there, the long-term decrease in aerosols accounts for about 50 percent of the warming seen in the last three decades, the researchers estimate.

The new findings quantifying the cooling effect of aerosols “could improve climate models, which now typically don’t include such effects,” says Yiou.

So up to 50% of the measured warming in some areas is now being attributed to CLEANER AIR!

And all the current climate models that have been being fed warming data over the past decade or more were never taking this clean-air warming effect into account!

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The only problem with those graphs are the CO2 levels are EXTRAPOLATED from fossil record.  Using the ASSUMPTION that the organisms did not evolve.  Or adapt.  And that is wrong.

This man thinks otherwise.  

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/684679/80514713.jpg

He may be right, but that does not change the fact that evolution exists.

I have proof for you that evolution is a scam:

Monkeys––––––>cavemen––––––––->Al gore and Lootie = FAIL

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Ignorance is so thick in this thread.

I'm sorry, because I usually agree with the majority of posters in these forums, but to say that man-made global warming is a scam and that we have no effect on our environment is bull****.  All respected scientists agree that it is occuring.  Regardless of your political stance, you should take this seriously.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, because I usually agree with the majority of posters in these forums, but to say that man-made global warming is a scam and that we have no effect on our environment is bull****.  All respected scientists agree that it is occuring.  Regardless of your political stance, you should take this seriously.

Umm, the chart clearly shows that we are at the peak of a regularly recurring cycle that is based upon long established data and science.  Anyone with a first grade education can look at that chart and tell which way the temps are going to start heading over the next 5000 years.  I think the global warming hoopla is more about liberals desperate desire to prove they have had an impact on something/anything rather than facing the cold hard facts that our insignificant (and the liberal ego's) impact on the environment (outside of the natural cycle) is virtually irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, well you keep on believing that buddy.  In the mean time, I've got some beach front property in Montana I'd like to sell you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Billy

Do your own research.

No scientist would say, as Al Gore did, "The debate is over" about any scientific theory. It's a theory that is politically expedient.

Always look to see who benefits from the alleged problem: That's where you'll find the truth makers.

Why else would those in the scientific field that dispute Global Warming are so viciously attacked? Why can't they debate this issue?

Don't be a fool....

The very idea that 'we are destroying the planet' plays to human (liberal) arrogance...as if 'we' could...the earth is going to be here a lot longer then we are...we couldn't destroy the earth if we tried.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually, they DO NOT KNOW.  They want to seem important so they err on the side of caution, that being it COULD get hotter.  Because if it gets colder, there is NOTHING we could do.  But if their hypothesis is correct (jury is still out on that one), then we MIGHT have a chance to avert it...or not.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Actually, going back further, co2 has exceeded 3000ppm in warming periods and 5000ppm in ice ages.  Right now, its barely double the minimum requirement for plant life @~350ppm.  This is the 9th consecutive cold year in a row(now that they have made the effort to monitor it with much more equipment, it'd done nothing BUT get cooler).  The new term by them is now officially Global Climate Change.

They simply change the rules as it goes along, not ONE theory presented by them has stayed the same for more then 3 months.  They also completely avoid the little ice age, only using information before and after it.  Any science that needs the information to be manipulated for EVERY single 'conclusion' made is not exactly science now, is it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah, well you keep on believing that buddy.  In the mean time, I've got some beach front property in Montana I'd like to sell you.

Actually, before the Younger Dryas warming period, there was a great lake in Montana.  You can see the shoreline on the mountains to the south of Missoula.  That entire valley was about 400 feet deep in water from an ice dam to the north on what is now the Clark Fork River.  That and the Bitterroot River fed the lake which frequently drained because ice makes a poor dam...that being the Corderlian Ice Sheet.

Would that property be around Lolo?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Speaking to the people of the future, I personally don't give a shit, if what we are doing now makes you a few degrees warmer...I want air conditioning, cheap gas, big trucks, cheap electricity and all the consumer goods I can afford...am I a bad person, perhaps. But I am honest! I am not going to argue one way or the other about something, I personally can't change and don't care about, but I digress...please continue.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

All respected scientists agree that it is occuring.

No they don't
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want to put words in your mouth, TELL us what your position is.

I think there's no doubt man's activity is causing a rise in global temps. It's very basic thermodynamics, heat is transferred in 3 ways, convection, conduction, and radiation. Virtually all heat on earth is transferred through radiation, with radiation, absorptivity plays a crucial role... greenhouse gases affect absorptivity. I however don't believe the effects are as great as the Gore followers would have people think, but I think it is much greater than the naysayers here think it is. I think some of the "green" push is self serving scams at worse, feel-good bs at best, but the effects of global warming will be real.

I also think most people here that constantly dismiss it don't have a clue on the subject. The ones that aren't outright ignorant have only sought out information that reinforces what they want to hear. But it seems that's ok because that's what many people here use ARFCOM for anyways, like a self help group where people just gather around to pat each other on the back and say "you're right" because when they are out in the real world, they are constantly being told they are wrong. Whether they actually are right seems to be unimportant. It really is pointless debating with them.
So apparently you believe that it is entirely reasonable and intelligent to call everyone names, and take a silly, fence straddling position.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, yet they were warming anyways.  Odd.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Eath's natural cycle huh?

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb30/nancylee88/Shanghai/Shanghai1063.jpg

And no, that's not fog.

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling in his grave.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I, for one, can't take the "scientists" seriously for one simple reason...............they can't even get the weather prediction right for THIS week!!!      

Until they can get that nailed down, sorry if I'm a little skeptical about the "predicted" temperature rising, sea levels, etc, etc......

I love how the far left only question those things that detract from their views; all else is "FACT" and can never be called into question!  Yeesh!!  Guess ignorance is bliss.    

I'm not on one side or the other with this whole global warming thing.  It really comes down to "I just don't give a shit either way", I suppose.

But this "if you can't tell me what the weather will be next week then you don't know anything" crap is just absurd.

Think about what you're saying for one second.  Just a second is all it takes.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Within your post, you are correct about the ignorance. All respected scientists DO NOT agree that there is greenhouse warming. There is NOT scientific evidence that the warming which has occurred over the last 50 years was the result of greenhouse gases. The models for greenhouse warming, does not agree with data.
That there has been warming, most scientist agree, that man is the cause, FAR from all agree with that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
No way.  al gore is da man.  he wrote a book that says so.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No way.  al gore is da manbearpig.  he wrote a book that says so.

Fixed it for ya...

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder how many of these noble scientists are receiving government grants and or political gain for all their hard work. I remember in the 80's the next coming ice age was the big scare, global warming in the 90's and now climate change. All the "Clean up America" regulation over the past three decades hasn't seemed to slow it down so now what? Just castrate American industry until it fails? Everyone rides a bike?

The only common factor here is more Government regulation on American industry and it's citizens.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And no, that's not fog.

Because China has crappy air quality?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the problem with this is that CO2 levels lag, not lead temperatures.  CO2 is not the driver here, but solar activity.  CO2 FOLLOWS temperature.

And man is not the cause of warming.  If it was, explain past higher temperatures.

No, what "global warming" is all about, well, now they are crabbing, they have changed it to "global climate change", is the "carbon tax".  It is their scheme to tax the productive countries, businesses, citizens, and transfer that money to the unproductive ones.

It is all about money.  FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, before the Younger Dryas warming period, there was a great lake in Montana.  You can see the shoreline on the mountains to the south of Missoula.  That entire valley was about 400 feet deep in water from an ice dam to the north on what is now the Clark Fork River.  That and the Bitterroot River fed the lake which frequently drained because ice makes a poor dam...that being the Corderlian Ice Sheet.

Would that property be around Lolo?

The Younger Dryas is a cold period of reglaciation.  The Missoula Lake outburst flood would have been during a warming period of deglaciation called Allerod.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd love to have property in Montana.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not on one side or the other with this whole global warming thing.  It really comes down to "I just don't give a shit either way", I suppose.

But this "if you can't tell me what the weather will be next week then you don't know anything" crap is just absurd.

Think about what you're saying for one second.  Just a second is all it takes.

So you'll happily trust scientists that feel comfortable predicting weather changes over the next 20-50 years when the weather man can't get the weekly forecast correct?  I'm not saying that "you don't know anything" if they cannot predict the weather, but that sure raises some questions about the reliability of their "prediction" capabilities.  

So I have thought about it.....for more than a second......maybe some critical thinking needs to be employed on the other side of this conversation.    

....or if you like the taste of Kool-Aid, then drink up.........that's fine too.    
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000,000

But the problem with this is that CO2 levels lag, not lead temperatures.  CO2 is not the driver here, but solar activity.  CO2 FOLLOWS temperature.

And man is not the cause of warming.  If it was, explain past higher temperatures.

No, what "global warming" is all about, well, now they are crabbing, they have changed it to "global climate change", is the "carbon tax".  It is their scheme to tax the productive countries, businesses, citizens, and transfer that money to the unproductive ones.

It is all about money.  FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Has anyone noticed that with the recent uptick in Pirate activity around Somalia, that there's been a corresponding drop in average global temperatures in the past few years?

Simple minds scoff at what they don't understand.

Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And no, that's not fog.

Go away, and take your emotionally laden red herring with you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I will be that every "little" spike also coincides with sun-spot activity.

We should send the pro-Global Warming idiots to the sun to fix that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top