Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2016 8:25:02 AM EDT
He owns a lot that does not have his name on it. 1/3 of 2 buildings in SF worth $3B=$1B for example

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Does Trump strike you as the kind of guy that would say he was worth $10B if he was actually worth more?

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's extremely hard to nail down exact net worth once you go over a certain figure, mostly the 1B mark.

I think it's even harder to nail down am exact net worth when it deals with real estate, mineral rights and branding rights.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the fact that people think Donald Trump is going to make a good president is hilarious. His businesses are $650 million in debt.

*Bracing for incoming comments about how I must be a liberal voting for Hilary or voting for GJ.*

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The local Sunday libtard rag, "The Tulsa World" (Pravda of the Plains) was picking on Trump for using a teleprompter this morning...while they were still sucking obuttwhiff's dick just like every other day for the past 8 years.

(...really? the jug earred emperor who hasn't said a word in his entire life without his teleprompter and those asslicks have the nerve to try to call out Trump?)
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the fact that people think Donald Trump is going to make a good president is hilarious. His businesses are $650 million in debt.

*Bracing for incoming comments about how I must be a liberal voting for Hilary or voting for GJ.*

View Quote

If the shoe fits.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nonpaying member: Check

You might want to lean over a little farther the next time you try to pull a number that big out of your ass.  

"87% of all internet statistics are made up on the spot..." - Abraham Lincoln
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay.

What do all his businesses bring in, gross sales wise?

Debt is not a bad thing and is standard operating practices for any large company.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not that I think Trump is necessarily a business genius, but debt financing is common, and usually smart in business. If you can obtain a loan with tax deductible interest at a rate of 5% to obtain an asset that generates a 10% yearly return, and even appreciates in value, it's a smart business move.

I think Trump was a successful real estate speculator, and extremely successful at branding and marketing himself. I would guess most of his business ventures that people discuss are simply his brand slapped on other peoples' products and businesses for marketing purposes.

As to OP, is he 100% owner of those buildings, and were they all paid for by cash? If a building is worth $1b with a $800m note on it, he's not worth the full billion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I think he's broke! After all the Hillary commercials that we're getting here and no Trump commericals....makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You might want to lean over a little farther the next time you try to pull a number that big out of your ass.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The number may very well be true, but it's pointless. Using it as support shows a lack of basic understanding of finance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ever heard of leveraging?  If you could borrow money at 2% and make 10% on it, wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think he's broke! After all the Hillary commercials that we're getting here and no Trump commericals....makes you wonder.
View Quote

I think it shows his campaign has poor structure, direction, and focus on message, so maybe they are just unable to come up with commercials and a plan of how to run them.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does Trump strike you as the kind of guy that would say he was worth $10B if he was actually worth more?

View Quote

He sandbagged his competition in the primaries.

It would not be unusual if he has done so in business.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that he has far more debt than that. Going back to the 2 buildings in SF which I am guessing he barely thinks about (has he been to SF recently?), worth $3.7B. Owes $600M. Net $3.1B. He owns 30%, round that to $1B. Does Trump owe $600M in that instance? 180M? 0M? You could make a case for any of those numbers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give Me His Debt to Asset Ratio, and we will go from there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Trump is supposedly worth 10b.

Hillary is supposedly worth 1b... Including contributions from Trump.

Yet... And here is the kicker... Hillary has been out-spending Trump at a massive ratio... 50-60 million to Trumps zero.

One of them is awash with cash.

One of them is just barely beginning to spend a modicum of money, and is constantly begging for donations.

I believe Hillary has $1 billion in cash... She is spending it like she has it.

I do not believe Trump has $10 billion... He is using campaign donations to fund Trump organizations and to pay campaign staff and his Democrat-funding family... This campaign has been a financial windfall for Trump, the Trump family, and Trump Corp.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yet... And here is the kicker... Hillary has been out-spending Trump at a massive ratio... 50-60 million to Trumps zero.

One of them is just barely beginning to spend a modicum of money, and is constantly begging for donations.

I do not believe Trump has $10 billion... He is using campaign donations to fund Trump organizations and to pay campaign staff and his Democrat-funding family... This campaign has been a financial windfall for Trump, the Trump family, and Trump Corp.
View Quote

$10b in assets is not the same thing as cash in the bank. If he is worth $10b, it's based up the current value of future cash flows of his assets, less debt and liabilities. I would be surprised if he even has in the hundreds of millions in liquid cash. It's dumb to have cash sitting in the bank. That's liberal thinking, they think the rich keep their money in coin form and swim through it like Scrooge McDuck. They don't, nearly all of it is reinvested into the economy, providing jobs, and growth.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#18]
They both got more money than me, also make me look like a saint.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Trump org is not publicly traded. Mind your own business.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
we better keep the guy that put us 10 trillion dollars in debt, right?

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Why does how much money someone has matter?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

To the MSM it matters. They appear to think its a direct correlation. The more money spent on campaigning = likelihood to get Presidency.

Despicable.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol

And I'm not exactly a diehard Trump fan.

Quoting stuff like this figure shows an absolute lack of understanding of business and finance.

Feel free to back it up with numbers that add context, like debt ratios, assets, comparisons to companies in the sector of the same size, and then I'll listen.  This is especially true when a chunk of your business is in real estate and construction.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know the MSM uses it to try to demonize people, like being rich somehow means you cheated, but it's one way of trying to measure of success, more money often (not always) means someone is more successful. I think it's important that this country is run by a successful leader, rather than a failure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok you think this money is sitting in his gun safe. He is a investor on proprieties. His money is not liquid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Okay.

Debt is not a bad thing and is standard operating practices for any large company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.

People can't think percentages on here.

They only see numerals.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Capt. Kangaroo.....You can be replaced by a "Must Hate Trump" robot you know.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Liberals have a hard time with financials.

Understandable when your only income is a check from the gov.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#29]
I would rather live in a world of rich Trumps than rich Soros,Zuckerbergs,or Clintons
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#30]
One item that hasn't been brought up yet is holding debt is a standard tactic used by publicly traded corps to prevent a hostile takeover attempt. Corp raiders aren't interested in companies that have a major debt so companies keep a debt by acquiring other companies and assets. Being worth (assets) considerably more than you owe (debt) is a good way to attract attention.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One item that hasn't been brought up yet is holding debt is a standard tactic used by publicly traded corps to prevent a hostile takeover attempt. Corp raiders aren't interested in companies that have a major debt so companies keep a debt by acquiring other companies and assets. Being worth (assets) considerably more than you owe (debt) is a good way to attract attention.
View Quote

good tactic which is why in nature few predators get hungry enough to want skunk for dinner...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The number may very well be true, but it's pointless. Using it as support shows a lack of basic understanding of finance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every day I become more depressed realizing how ignorant or society has become.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They only see numerals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.

They only see numerals.

Exactly.

According to PrivCo, the Trump Organizations revenue for 2015, is 9.5 billion.

650 million to 9.5 billion in revenue... That's a hell of a debt to income ratio.

Even if he's only netting out 300-500 million a year in net net income.  That's more then enough revenue to service 650 million in debt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I am voting for Trump, I *get* the lesser evil argument... It is just tragic that Trump is getting out-spent and out-campaigned by Hillary...

And he is using campaign donations to fund Trump corporations, and pay his Democrat-funding, Democrat-supporting kids.

And... I don't think Trump is worth what he claims he is worth...

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And he is using campaign donations to fund Trump corporations

View Quote

If you were capable of understanding the campaign finance laws, you would understand why the campaign must pay for the use of the airplane, office space, etc., etc., etc..

You're not capable of understanding anything which is even half as complex as the campaign finance laws, so you will continue to post nonsense.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#36]
My stomach is grumbling speculation is that Trump is the millionaire next door on steroids. Instead of the MND being a postal worker with $1m in equity who lives off his $40k salary, Trump does it by a factor of 10000x. He still lives within his means and is a fairly frugal person given what he could be spending. People running for office tend to burn through every penny. Walker, Jeb, Christie for example, ended their campaigns in the red. Neither Trump or Hil are doing this. Trump, because he does not know how to run a traditional campaign. Hil I suspect, because she is perfectly happy to walk away a loser with another $100M in her war chest.

Of course they both look reckless compared to someone like Zuckerberg, who until he got hitched, was living in Craigslist rentals. Going to be real interesting when he runs for office.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you were capable of understanding the campaign finance laws, you would understand why the campaign must pay for the use of the airplane, office space, etc., etc., etc..

You're not capable of understanding anything which is even half as complex as the campaign finance laws, so you will continue to post nonsense.

View Quote

The Trump cult --originally-- sold Trump as being so awash with cash that he could self-fund his campaign...

Now we learn that Trump can't/won't fund his own campaign against a candidate he funded in the past... And he is using cash donations to pay his Democrat-funding family... And he is using cash donations to fund Trump corporations.

Trump is *making* money running for President.

Same as Hillary.

Between Trump and Hillary, who are you voting for?

Now that Trump has come-out in favor of amnesty for illegals without touching the wall, which now won't exist... Who should we vote for.

I say, pick the poison that kills you tomorrow over the poison that kills you today. Vote Trump.

What advice to *you* have for those who go to the polls in a little over two months? Trump or Hillary... How should folks vote?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My stomach is grumbling speculation is that Trump is the millionaire next door on steroids. Instead of the MND being a postal worker with $1m in equity who lives off his $40k salary, Trump does it by a factor of 10000x. He still lives within his means and is a fairly frugal person given what he could be spending. People running for office tend to burn through every penny. Walker, Jeb, Christie for example, ended their campaigns in the red. Neither Trump or Hil are doing this. Trump, because he does not know how to run a traditional campaign. Hil I suspect, because she is perfectly happy to walk away a loser with another $100M in her war chest.

Of course they both look reckless compared to someone like Zuckerberg, who until he got hitched, was living in Craigslist rentals. Going to be real interesting when he runs for office.
View Quote

I honestly think Trump is so used to spending his own money that it hinders him when it comes to campaign funds. He is attempting to save money and get something tangible for his dollar. That's not how political campaigns work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF are you smoking?

Must be some *really* strong stuff.

Trump has declared bankruptcy *multiple* times...

Frugal? Are you out of your mind.

The Trump cult is amazing in their gullibility...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

WTF are you smoking?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF are you smoking?

Trump has declared business bankruptcy in 6 out of 590 businesses IIRC. It's a common tactic to extend financing when a company is in the red, such as after a hostile takeover attempt that required buying back shares to fight off. Business bankruptcy isn't the same animal as a personal bankruptcy by any means. I declared business bankruptcy in 2003. My creditors received every penny they were owed including interest, they just were forced to wait for it an extra year. There's a lot you appear to be oblivious to about business compared to personal bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hey Capt. Kangaroo.....You can be replaced by a "Must Hate Trump" robot you know.

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/cruciantime/hate%20trump_zpsbfnejguv.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/cruciantime/hate%20trump_zpsbfnejguv.gif

LOL.  I award you 1000 internets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#42]
He is not a billionaire, he is broke and he won't release his tax returns because they will show he is broke.

(at least according to the MSM).
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Lois Lerner will be on contract to the IRS for the month of October in order to release Trump's tax returns revealing that he is nothing more than a broke con man.  Unimpeached John Koskinen will deny any wrong doing while Donald J Trump's campaign precipitously circles the drain the last few week before the election.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He is not a billionaire, he is broke and he won't release his tax returns because they will show he is broke.

(at least according to the MSM).
View Quote

Tax returns do not actually show that you are broke. For instance, you could be sitting on stacks of munis. You could be holding stocks that have appreciated, but not sold. And that is just simple stuff.

They do show cash flow for most people. If you are a business and running your expenses through the business, they might not even show that.

I imagine were Trump to release his returns, he would get the biggest crowd sourced audit in history.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Well he didn't pimp out his wife to give paid speeches for the "Foundation."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

So....is your house paid off?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm here for the gang bang.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Who cares?  Seriously, Hillary is the worst thing that could happen to this country. Everything else is meaningless.

I don't give a rat's ass if Trump is 100 billion in debt, he's not Hillary and that's all that matters to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Trump has declared business bankruptcy in 6 out of 590 businesses IIRC. It's a common tactic to extend financing when a company is in the red, such as after a hostile takeover attempt that required buying back shares to fight off. Business bankruptcy isn't the same animal as a personal bankruptcy by any means. I declared business bankruptcy in 2003. My creditors received every penny they were owed including interest, they just were forced to wait for it an extra year. There's a lot you appear to be oblivious to about business compared to personal bankruptcy.
View Quote

Trump is anything but frugal.

Trump has promised to explode Federal spending on Education, Welfare, Housing, and Healthcare.

Trumpcare represents more-government than Obamacare.

Trump has promised to explode Federal spending on Federal LE, and on the military. The Trump budget dwarfs the Obama/Ryan budget. Trump supported Obama in 2008, called himself, "Obamas biggest cheerleader." Trump endorses and supports Ryan.

Trump is *not* frugal... And has utilized bankruptcy, and has utilized big-government connections, including funding anti-gun, open-borders Democrats for political payback to his businesses.

That being said... I will be voting for Trump, the lesser evil. Against Hillary, who Trump supported last time she ran, the greater evil.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Trump cult can laugh all they want.

The Trump campaign has come-out the last few days in favor of amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Turns out I was right all along.

Trump can be worth 10b. Hillary can be worth 1b, including Trumps contributions... They both promise amnesty for illegal immigrants...

Link

Laugh all you want... I was right on Trump all along...

The Trump cult handed us a candidate who supported and funded Hillary last time she ran, and who donated money to the Clinton Foundation alongside Foreign governments, and who criticized Romney for not offering amnesty to illegal immigrants four years ago, and who just switched-back --breaking campaign promises-- to supporting amnesty to illegal immigrants...

Laugh all you want... Call names, post memes, do whatever the Trump cult does. I was right on Trump all along.

That being said... I will be voting for Trump, to attempt to keep Hillary --who Trump supported last time she ran-- out of the Oval Office... Either way, illegals get amnesty from either of the New York liberals, looks like.

Thanks for them apples, Trump cult.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top