Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Senator McCain Dies at 71

August 30, 2007

AP--Senator John McCain died at his home today after a short battle with cancer.  He was still undergoing treatment for what doctors described as a 'very aggressive malignant melanoma' that had metastasized to his liver and brain.  McCain had been tagged as a presidential hopeful for the 2008 election, but all that changed . . .

Senator Clinton Killed In Plane Crash

December 16, 2006

AP, Boulder--Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton was among six people killed when the Learjet she was riding in crashed shortly after take-off.  The NTSB is still on scene investigating the cause of the crash and refused to comment on reports of an explosion seen by witnesses just seconds before the aircraft plunged into a field.  Senator Clinton, the Democratic hopeful for the 2008 election, was in Colorado campaigning for more stringent gun reform . . .

Ever read a novel called Hope ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just hope Condi is on a ticket......hopefully as prez

+1. If she runs I will seriously consider getting a second, burger-flipper type job for the duration of the campaign (primary & general) and signing the checks over to her campaign. She's a 2d Am absolutist (or the next thing to it), and her nomination, win or lose, would go a long way to breaking the Dems' undeserved lock on the black vote.

+2

I'd LOVE to see a debate between Condi and Hitlery...Hitlery's a$$ would be pwn3d!!!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
John McCain will win the nomination and be next President.

There is a fine line between to much hookers and blow.you have crossed it....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

*snip*

Which of these makes me a "vitriolic mental patient"?
1.  I do not think the UCMJ should be abolished.
2.  I do think that a military person should serve their term of enlistment.
3.  I do not think we deserved Sept 11 as Harry Browne once said.

If McCain is the nominee, I will have to do some hard looking at independents, but it won't be the LP.

I am not going to turn this into a pissing contest over the LP between you and me.  I have already stated that I do not support the items you posted above in another thread.  I will say that we have agreed to disagree (or should anyway), and that we both have different ideas on how to run the government that run along a similar fiscally-conservative freedom-rich line (at least I hope so).  You have what you believe, and for me the LP has less I need to change from the inside than the GOP does (a lot less).  Therefore, I align myself closer to them without joining them becuase of their stance on the above three issues, along with the war in Iraq.  On those four issues, I differ with the LP.

Anyway, lets once again agree to disagree.  My comments were not intended as a invitation to "throw down," but as a friendly jab to someone who I know would show up soon with his well-reknowned viewpoint.  *Extends hand in truce*
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
McCain vs Hillary: I either stay home or vote Hillary on the theory that 4 years under the DoucheReich would send everybody but Code Pink and a handful of artisanal bread makers running full tilt to the hardest right winger they could find in 2012.

McCain disgusts me. I believe he's fundamntally dishonest and I know he has no regard for the Constitution.

That's my thinking - we have to go through a trial by fire before we can become the people we were meant to be.

Hillary '08!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The hell with that, I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

$1000 dollars, pooby. You read it right, $1000 big ones. I'm that damn sure.

Fixed.

I don't think you're gonna wager $100,000 on this
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The hell with that, I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

$1000 dollars, pooby. You read it right, $1000 big ones. I'm that damn sure.

Fixed.

I don't think you're gonna wager $100,000 on this

I'll go ten bucks, I'm THAT sure!

I hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it. I hate McCain as much the next guy, at least Jefferts had the decency to cross the floor and admit he was a dem.

Come on, no calling me out from behind my keyboard! Not fair!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#8]
we are short on successors right now

I personally would love to see Jeb Bush, but this dude is more likely to actually win

Massachusetts Governor, Mitt Romney

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Considering that McCain has stacked the deck against any independents by pushing through the McCain-Feingold Anti-First Amendment law, I would contribute to just about anyone I thought could stop him in his mad quest for power.

Go Geo. Allen

Go Condi
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I personally would love to see Jeb Bush, but this dude is more likely to actually win

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/9/93/Mitt_romney.jpg

I have my doubts that someone from the NE could get the nomination for the Republican spot.

Rudy certainly won't, thank God.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ever read a novel called Hope ?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Romney is good stuff for MA, but I still worry a lot about what he would do as presidend.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The Christian Right won't elect a Mormon, unfortunately.

I think he is a good man too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not a chance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope.  If anyone has the inside track, it's George Allen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'll bet we go to the polls once again not to vote for a good candidate but to vote against a radical libtard like Kerry or Klinton.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#17]
McCain has a chip on his shoulder.....his military service was commendable but as a politician, he's a Democrat in my eyes.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#18]

I will be your next Commander  in Chief, BWAAAAHAAAHAAAA
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd prefer George Allen, thank you very much....

Saw George on some talking head show this morning. He seemed to be a pretty good guy.

I'd vote for him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Look to the current governors for the next GOP Presidential candidate.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top