Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread is intriguing. I'm tagscribing to it.

Somebody must really like practicing for sandcastle competitions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may have a contact. Can you take delivery by railcar?
View Quote

If I can make the cost work nothing is impossible. If you can seriously deliver something please contact me
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Frac sand isnt transported by dump truck for one.
View Quote

So how does it get transported?  Bulk trailer?  Bambi bucket?  Stark trek style transporters?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
PM me....I have close business contacts here that were hauling frack sand like crazy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
U.S. Silica is who you seek
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not a commercial fracking sand  supplier like hi crush or emerge?

Is sand in tight supply or specifically the sand you need?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
U.S. Silica is who you seek
View Quote
Sold Out. Already bought all they would sell us.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Plenty in stock at Home Depot
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I can make the cost work nothing is impossible. If you can seriously deliver something please contact me
View Quote

Try the folks at the site I posted. It came from a downstream industry contact.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOL, I wish I had some in my yard. I'd quit this job.
View Quote
I have acres of it underneath me right now. I have no idea if it good for fracking or not and I'm not breaking the lease with a new renter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So how does it get transported?  Bulk trailer?  Bambi bucket?  Stark trek style transporters?
View Quote

Rail car. Pnematic trailers and more recently cargo containers setup to feed directly on to a conveyor.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Surely a Tusken Raider knows where to find sand?!?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#18]
A buddy of mine is an engineer on the Union Pacific Railroad here.  He said that they haul two trains per day that are nothing but sand for fracking in the Dakotas. One single car holds 100 tons of sand, and the length of one train stretches over a mile long. Amazing!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Here I thought Texas brown was something you smoked
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Rail car. Pnematic trailers and more recently cargo containers setup to feed directly on to a conveyor.
View Quote

Pneumatic trailers are the cats ass.  Loud as shit though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]
In before the Tusken Raider creates earthquakes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Please check you IMs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Sierra frac sand in Tatum Texas 903-836-4642 my dad used to work there give them a call
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know anything about these industries (other than designing equipment for the inland towing industry) but some rough figuring indicates that is about 15 barges or 250 rail cars per month.

The grading for the 100 size seems like it could be a bottleneck, as well as delivering it from the rail line to where it is needed.

It would be interesting to see how you get that down the hole... I assume it is mixed into a slurry and pumped at great pressure. How long do those pumps last?? Or is there a way to pump it without directly pumping the sand-containing mix?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#25]
There's a company out of Brady Texas has that kind of stuff I can't remember the name now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Belly dump semi is what I've seen
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about these industries (other than designing equipment for the inland towing industry) but some rough figuring indicates that is about 15 barges or 250 rail cars per month.

The grading for the 100 size seems like it could be a bottleneck, as well as delivering it from the rail line to where it is needed.

It would be interesting to see how you get that down the hole... I assume it is mixed into a slurry and pumped at great pressure. How long do those pumps last?? Or is there a way to pump it without directly pumping the sand-containing mix?
View Quote

*216 railcars to terminal
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Everybody all the sudden wants 100 mesh and a lot of it. I see about 60 million lbs of it dissapear a month.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Is the Permian picking up that much? Drilled wells being fracked and completed or combination with new drilling? I am genuinely curious as to what the actual activity is at present.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I have some Dumptrucks working in Beaumont at the moment but always looking to make big money.  If anyone has a good job in Texas for tri's let me know I have two of them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#31]
This place trips me out.  Obscure ass question, at least 5 serious replies.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#32]
50 million pounds a month, eh?

I'm guessing Lowe's is out then?

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Just tell GD you need it for your kids school project.

Should have enough by next week 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what frac crew is using belly dumps for frac sand?  I'll save you the trouble of google the answer is none.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

90 barrels a minute at 5500 psi. 35,000 horse power online but at that rate and pressure only about 13,000 HP needed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#36]
The best fracking sand comes from the St. Peter formation along the Mississippi River in Minnesota and Wisconsin.  A friend of mine represents land owners who are producing sand there.  Best would be barge to Tulsa, OK then overland by rail or truck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Oilfield problems.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would have thought if you needed that amount of sand you'd have a contact already? Or are they not coming through for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay so how much per ton to get to Texas?

I would have thought if you needed that amount of sand you'd have a contact already? Or are they not coming through for you?

Need to be looking into full trains of hopper cars for that kind of flow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is the Permian picking up that much? Drilled wells being fracked and completed or combination with new drilling? I am genuinely curious as to what the actual activity is at present.
View Quote
There are a lot of DUCs (drilled, uncompleted) wells in the Bakken and it wouldn't be surprising if Permain was the same. Completing those first will cost less while generating cash flow sooner than drilling new wells. The rig count is picking up but it takes time for those to be fracked.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I need 50 million lbs of Texas brown 100 mesh sand to frack with. Just seeing if by a long shot someone on here works in that industry. 

Also if you have any contacts or connections to bring in sand from Mexico? I don't know if they process sand like that down there but they frac in Mexico so there's a chance.

I m me if you can help otherwise just post whore in here and bump till I get some help.
View Quote
So - Mexican sand will cause a giant gaseous, diarrheic explosion of texas frac gas?  Profit!  Best of luck finding what you need! 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol what frac crew is using belly dumps for frac sand?  I'll save you the trouble of google the answer is none.
View Quote

Idk what frac crew is using them but if you saw my other post my dad worked at a frac sand plant and I saw belly dumps being used to move it around
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Right? That's what I was going to post. That is an awful lot of sand. I mean, where does it all go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of sand

Right? That's what I was going to post. That is an awful lot of sand. I mean, where does it all go?

Like the sands through the hour glass so go the days of our lives.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I have 3 bags of that sand in my garage that I don't need.  It's too dusty for my little girl to play in without needing a bath afterwards.  I'll contribute my sand to the OP if he will arrange pick up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Seems like a prime opportunity to dig a border canal and sieve out the frac sand. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's a company out of Brady Texas has that kind of stuff I can't remember the name now.
View Quote
?  http://www.ussilica.com/products/proppants
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Can't use just head over to Austin & use the salt from liberal tears instead?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have acres of it underneath me right now. I have no idea if it good for fracking or not and I'm not breaking the lease with a new renter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I wish I had some in my yard. I'd quit this job.

SAND....they don't make it anymore!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Try searching liberal manginas.
View Quote

He's not looking for contaminated sand
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top