Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I;ve gotten that I will only bring one pistol to a 3 gun or big shoot. Its just to easy to let a couple guys try a mag and then poof.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck. I have faith
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A buddy of mine left his multiple thousand dollar shotgun in a golf cart at a sporting clay lodge. They held it for him but we ragged him about it for months.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I misplaced my .223 can for a little while

I ended up finding it in my range bag!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Dial, 411.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hey guys!

I found a Sig Sauer .22 pistol at the range this week and traded it at a gun show to some dude for a shitload of beef jerky!

WIN!!!

You should have made a whole new thread.  Would have been funnier!

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I lost my hammerless .357 last December. I remember carrying it along with my G19 on Black Friday, and then going to work that afternoon. Couldn't find it anywhere, searched the vehicles, bags, boxes everywhere. I thought I either lost it, left it in the truck and it was stolen or I tossed it out with the trash on accident. I reported it stolen and felt like a douche the entire time I was talking to the officer. About a month later I was showing a buddy my Eagle Mar-CIRAS I bought cheaply and he opened the admin pouch and pulled two G21 mags and the revolver out.

I haven't gotten the nerve to call the cops and tell them I've found it yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why, when we are done shooting at the range, we make a final check of our shooting bench and all the surrounding areas AFTER we have packed up all our gear, and BEFORE we drive off.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Check your glove box....that's where mine has been all summer. I threw it in in there with a box of CCI's for plinking or whatever in the Spring. I didn't exactly forget it in there but I remembered it was there when I finally looked in the glovebox a couple days ago. Needless to say, it's back in my safe and in need of a really good cleaning/oiling.

Hope you find it, we all lose stuff but guns should always be accounted for.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't insult the OP on this one.  I almost walked out of the range store with mine on the counter.  

I do hope it comes back to your possession.  That's gotta hurt bad.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well the good news if I truly left it at the range hopefully someone found it and has not used it for anything illegal yet.

What part of that is good news?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought I lost one once... Found it a week later in my BOB.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't find one of mine once, eventually found it in a basket of dirty laundry. I was single at the time with no children, my guns would end up in some weird places.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was organizing my safe tonight and realized my Mosquito was missing.

That's going to come back to bite you.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When you're well into triple digits spread across multiple safes, it's easier to misplace one.  Seriously.

Show off.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Derp.

How old are you?, seriously.

27. I have 41 guns. I've never lost one. Seriously.

OK, I just thought because of the "herp derp" BS you were more like 12.  Guess I was wrong.

Said the guy who started an innernet pissing match......

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I know the feeling.

Once I was borrowing my wife's car for several days.   The last day I drove it, I put a Colt Commander under the seat as I pulled it into the garage.

About a week later I go out there to get the Colt, and it's gone.  I break out the flashlight and search the entire car top to bottom, with a growing feeling of dread the entire time and sweat beading up on my scalp.   Nothing.   Usually we keep the car in a closed garage 97% of the time, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility that some punk had snuck in, found the gun, and left everything else in the car.  

Just about one year to the day later, I've got the car up on a jack, changing the brakes.    I'm leaning in to get the owner's manual out of the glovebox and what do I see but the butt of the Colt poking out from under the seat.    I literally rub my eyes like cartoon characters always do.  The seats are power adjustable and they have a lot of struts, brackets and shit underneath them.   The gun had been stashed in an upper tier of bracketry instead of on the floor where I thought I put it.   It's funny I never saw it, probably because the holster was black and I never thought to look UP any of the 5 times I looked under the seat.

The gun was still in its Alessi holster, and being a stainless lightweight model, looked like the day I left it, except for a bit of light surface rust on the hammer spur.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Not a lost but a STOLEN gun story....

My dad accidently left his car unlocked one night and someone got in it and got his Colt Commander 45 with lots of customer extras. He was sick about it. He filed it on the homeowners insurance and got a check for it. fast forward like 7 years later, local PD called the house and asked if he owned a Colt serial #XXXXXXX . Turns out they found it in the engine bay of a car they pulled over and siezed. ran the serial and found the original owner (my dad) . i think he had to pay them like $100 bucks or so to get it back. I told him to never sell that gun cause it found its way back to you!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not a lost but a STOLEN gun story....

My dad accidently left his car unlocked one night and someone got in it and got his Colt Commander 45 with lots of customer extras. He was sick about it. He filed it on the homeowners insurance and got a check for it. fast forward like 7 years later, local PD called the house and asked if he owned a Colt serial #XXXXXXX . Turns out they found it in the engine bay of a car they pulled over and siezed. ran the serial and found the original owner (my dad) . i think he had to pay them like $100 bucks or so to get it back. I told him to never sell that gun cause it found its way back to you!

They made him pay to get the gun back? Is this common when guns are stolen?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I remember several years ago I left my surfboard sitting by the side of the road.  I didn't realize it was gone until I got home.  The drive back was nerve racking.  When I got there, two guys were strapping it onto the top of their car, beneath their boards.  They said they were going to take it to the lifeguard station for lost and found.  

I left my digital range finder sitting at the archery range a few weeks ago.  Luckily it was still there when I got back.

Haven't left a gun at the range yet.   But I can see how you can get sidetracked and forget it.  If you switch back and forth between rifle and pistol lanes it's easy to forget it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I was organizing my safe tonight and realized my Mosquito was missing.

That's going to come back to bite you.

I viddied what thou hast done there, O my brother.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey guys!

I found a Sig Sauer .22 pistol at the range this week and traded it at a gun show to some dude for a shitload of beef jerky!

WIN!!!

You should have made a whole new thread.  Would have been funnier!  

Yeah those threads threads are funny but the mods aren't to happy about them.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#26]
A smart man will find it in the last place he looks.

Good luck in your search.  

Place to look idea:

It's on top of your safe; you had you hands full when you opened it...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I misplaced a J frame once. Found it about a month later stuck between the couch cushions. I guess I was napping and decided it was not comfortable on my person. Stuffed it in the cushion, half asleep, and didn't even remember.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#28]

I "lost" one once.  I had to go to the county court house once and we're not allowed to carry there.  I removed the .38 I sometimes carry and put it in my glove box.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out what the hell happened to it.  One day I opened to glove box to look up the clock resetting procedure and low and behold there was my .38.  I immediately remembered how it got there.  

OP, I've never left one at the range.  However, I've seen guys do just that.  The owners always returned within half an hour and retrieved their stuff.  Good luck finding it.  It's a long shot, but if you think you left it at the range you could try putting up some flyers explaining what you lost.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i used to do that when i was single. I would be getting cereal out and find a glock in the cabinet . Now that I am married guns don't go missing they are put up where the wife tells me.

I used to think a gun within reach of me at all times was a good idea, but it really didn't help when i couldn't remember where I put them. lol I am so lucky i found a wife hahaha. good luck to you op you'll find it

Shit, that sounds like me. I'm still looking for my kel-tec. As it hasn't left the house, I know it is in one of my "hiding places"...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top