Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#1]
At what length does the requirement for a fixed ladder must have a cage?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What processes are you permitted to do on a 480 electrical panel with the cover removed while you are wearing 30% polyester underwear?

And what degrees of incline is required for a the sides of a 5ft deep trench 20ft long to NOT require shoring of the sides or a ladder for egress?
View Quote
1) No idea. Not covered by OSHA. That's an NFPA 70 thing (I think) and we don't do ANY electrical.

2) Depends, mostly on soil classification. If stable rock, no shoring required. Means of egress required for any trench >4', though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OSHA 30hr online is much faster.  Classroom for the fail

Made assumption.

Tips and tricks:  If you rapid click the forward button before the page fully loads (and locks the function out with the timer), you can sometimes zoom through the pages to the end of the section and take the quiz
View Quote

Then download a browser refresher tool to log in the 30 hours.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

At what length does the requirement for a fixed ladder must have a cage?
View Quote
OSHA says 20', but many plants say 8'.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Make sure your guys have wire cutters on site so when OSHA shows up you can cut all the extension wires that have repairs or frays in them.

Also, get a sweet frame for the certificate and hang it in your office it looks awesome!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Make sure your guys have wire cutters on site so when OSHA shows up you can cut all the extension wires that have repairs or frays in them.

Also, get a sweet frame for the certificate and hang it in your office it looks awesome!

View Quote

Carefully bevel the edges of the frame to remove sharp burrs and you should actually frame it behind plexiglass instead of plain glass.

Safety first, safety last.  

Oh, and call Dig Safe before you put a nail in the wall to hang the frame from it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a super do that to a contractor after giving him a warning.  The guy freaked out, ran over to the supers desk and cut his computer/printer cords.  The police were called.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone fallen a sleep and then fall out of their chair yet?  In my class a guy cut his head open on the table before he hit the floor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1) No idea. Not covered by OSHA. That's an NFPA 70 thing (I think) and we don't do ANY electrical.  

2) Depends, mostly on soil classification. If stable rock, no shoring required. Means of egress required for any trench >4', though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What processes are you permitted to do on a 480 electrical panel with the cover removed while you are wearing 30% polyester underwear?

And what degrees of incline is required for a the sides of a 5ft deep trench 20ft long to NOT require shoring of the sides or a ladder for egress?

#1 Trick question. You can lock it out. NFPA 70 only applies to live equipment. If it is DE energized you can do whatever you want with it. If it is live you may test for voltage.

#2 Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Heh...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Has anyone fallen a sleep and then fall out of their chair yet?  In my class a guy cut his head open on the table before he hit the floor.
View Quote
Well, It's just me and the cat. The cat hasn't fallen off the chair. Yet.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
#1 Trick question. You can lock it out. NFPA 70 only applies to live equipment. If it is DE energized you can do whatever you want with it. If it is live you may test for voltage.

#2 Nailed it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#2 Nailed it.

My Dad was an electrician for Kansas City Power & Light. He taught me everything I need to know about electricity: If you can see it, it's bad!

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Day 3

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top