BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've made it 39 years without smoking - it's about time I start.

Go big or go home start with camel non filters or lucky strikes

ETA i own your page 2
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you're refering to tobacco:

Just imagine, for a moment, the undeniable thrill of waking up with a cough that feels like a cougar cub sharpening its claws on the inside of your rib cage.

Good choice
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If you really want to smoke pole, go for it!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I made it 26 years before i started. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't forget unprotected anal sex with multiple male partners...and you get to be the catcher.  Don't forget the BJs!

Hey, if you want to do something really stupid that can harm your health,  you might as well go all the way.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've made it 39 years without smoking - it's about time I start.

I have a friend that started smoking at age 50.  He reasoned that by the time smoking took a toll on him he would be dead or close to it anyways.  Before he took up smoking he liked nicotine gum for the relaxation it provided.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I started about a year ago. Mid thirties. Lost 150 pounds and had to start this crap. My advice is don't. Mine helped me not eat, now it is a pain in the ass. and i stink.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I smoked for 37 years and enjoyed most of them,never got the morning spit chunkys or bad coughing as like Klinton I did not inhale........I did however have heart surgery in 1971 and had the corner of my heart patched near the aorta,still smoked,was not overly pudgy and life was good.Three almost four years ago  I was working on a vehicle in the yard and got rust in my eyes from the under carriageand had to go to emergency room to get it removed.I had horrible high blood pressure,over 200 top and 100 on bottom and they said get some tests done while you still can
       After failing numbers of tests and a phone call with results that I would have another heart attack I crushed the pack I had open and never touched another.Did not have a heart attack it turned out but scared the shit out of me.In the last three plus years I saved enuff during the gunz and ammoz shortages of supply and overpricing spent about $10,000 (EXTRA) on weapons and ammunition just from the cigarete funds.In December 08 I had the aortic valve and left mitral valve replaced,I am happy to be living as they said I would never lived another six months without a stroke or heart attack and I never looked back
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
snus, and not the camel stuff.. get it from sweden (online)

Yup. It's far less dangerous than cigarettes and it tastes better. I've stopped using it though since I'd rather spend the money on beer and ammo.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Good for you.  

Don't worry, if I said I was going to finally start drinking alcohol - people would act differently.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you have health insurance...?

If so.... Why not smoke..?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Good idea, COPD is awesome!

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]
My parents still smoke a few packs a day each. I figured it out....

......it's an expensive hobby and cuts into my inheritance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
what?  I think you went full retard
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what?  I think you went full retard

nah. I've been thinking of starting smoking cigars, and thought I'd see what GD had to say. If I smoke as often as I drink - once or twice a month - I can't see any huge health impacts.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top