Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dibs on guns.
All six?

dibs on optics.
A single Tasco scope?

dibs on ammo
60 rounds of 7.62x39mm, 8 rounds of 7.62x25mm, two boxes of 20-gauge birdshot, a brick of .22lr, and two boxes of .30-30?

Dibs on broken Raven parts to sell as scrap metal.

All of you guys are aiming really low.

I have an SKS,20 gauge shot gun, and a ciener for my AR so that takes care of three of the five calibers you have

and ammo is getting expensive if I can get it for free no matter if I can shoot it or not I'm not going to complain
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
life insurance paid and current?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A raven .25 is an ok gun. I bought one at a gun show for $50.00. Ammos is kind of pricey for a small round.
Fired one box of blazer ammo thought it. 3 ftf out of 50 rounds shot. Sold the gun to a friend the next weekend for $100.
Overall, it was a fun little gun.

Friends dont sell friends ravens....
And for $100.00 you FUCKED your friend...
Have many friends?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
my Mom has one. Shot it a couple of times. Like I read somewhere though, your better off throwing the thing at someone than shooting it
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have one and its a good ankle holster gun... But I dont have ankles.
I've only got one ankle. I feel ya.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, digging up an old thread here. There is a guy I went to school with who is a real
bada$$ kind of guy. Back around 1985 he got into a bar fight and kicked this dudes
butt, so the smart guy goes to his truck and gets his Raven .25 and comes back for
more. Well he shoots my friend twice in the gut and my friend proceeds to stomp this
guy to within inches of his life. Both guys get transported to the hospital and the guy
who got shot was released two days before the guy who got the beat down.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dibs on guns.
All six?

All of you guys are aiming really low.

Hell yeah! That would double my collection, if you count my AR lowers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Bumping this for update.  Bloody update I hope.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My first handgun was also a Raven - Nickle finish with those crappy bare wood grips.  I, too, never had any problems with failures to feed, fire, or eject.  Some years later, I went on to shoot a local police qualification course with it, and qualified easily.  I still had less than 1000 rounds through it, though, when the firing pin broke.  I hadn't bought a new firing pin yet, and my house was broken into.  The Raven was among the items stolen.  I never bought another, so now I'm Raven-less.

Even to this day, I hope fervently that the burglar who stole it never test-fired it, got into a scrape later on, relied on it for self-defense, and came to a bad end when the broken firing pin refused to make it fire...

Maybe I saw your gun on Cops--a punk kid got busted with a Raven and told the cop"I'm gon' take it to tha pawn shop cuz tha pin thang's broke"-I still think of him when I shoot a Raven.
A freiend of mine has one and we've never had a reliability problem(only about 300 rounds through it though).
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a .25 ACP Beretta that I used to shoot in my living room for fun.  A single couch cushion would stop the Winchester FMJ bullet.   No shit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How did you miss the TWO posts where I gave my report and posted pics?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well maybe if you changed yer title and told us there was an update on page X ??

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
Heading up to our ranch today, gonna stay for the weekend. My dad got a Raven .25ACP pistol, effectively for free, and I figured I might as well see if the POS will even work. I've tried dry-firing it before and two out of three times it won't cock when I rack the slide and pull the trigger. I think that's mostly because it's so tiny that I have a hard time pulling the slide back all the way and not any mechanical deficiency in the pistol itself.

Anyway, might as well have a throw-down gun that's been fired before, right? he

Wish me luck. If you're careful, you can melt the zinc out of the chrome plating with a plumber's torch.  It will leave a nice, shiny shell and a puddle of gunk.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#14]
No Raven. I feel more safe with KaBar.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm, I'm depressed...I was hoping for a kB!

Oh well, maybe you can try some gun show special reloads and post pics...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I cannot wait for the full report...this'll be great!

HH
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I cannot wait for the full report...this'll be great!

HH

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope it doesn't KB

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I had one for over twenty years.  It was always 100% reliable although I didn't shoot more than two boxes of ammo a year at most.  With the cost of ammo, my infrequent use of the pistol and needing safe space I traded it away.

The worst thing you can do to these guns is dry fire them.  The firing pin on these is easily broken by dry firing.

Back in the day these were great Mexico guns.  They cost $59., so throwing them in the river on the way back into the US wasn't a problem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
My buddy had one the used to to kill downed cattle at the dairy farm he worked at
He keeps it in the consule of his truck and it works fine with FMJ

IMO the older ravens are the best of the old sub $100 bitch pistols
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top