BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This American Life, Fresh Air and Cartalk are still the only programs worth listening to on any radio station. I'll listen to npr news because, of all the choices, it's the only one that isn't non-stop commercials and rehashing of whatever Lindsey Lohan is up to at the moment. The editorial bias isn't as bad as many make it out to be, and when it is present it's pretty obvious. And they even have an ombudsman to call them out on the BS.

I love cartalk...

BBC world service isn't bad. Liberal bias, but it's nice to hear a non-American perspective on national news.

Until they mention guns. Then they froth at the mouth.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My Mom relies almost solely on NPR as her source of news. She thinks it makes her better informed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
After Cartalk... NPR sucks....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This American Life, Fresh Air and Cartalk are still the only programs worth listening to on any radio station. I'll listen to npr news because, of all the choices, it's the only one that isn't non-stop commercials and rehashing of whatever Lindsey Lohan is up to at the moment. The editorial bias isn't as bad as many make it out to be, and when it is present it's pretty obvious. And they even have an ombudsman to call them out on the BS.

I love cartalk...

BBC world service isn't bad. Liberal bias, but it's nice to hear a non-American perspective on national news.

Until they mention guns. Then they froth at the mouth.

I don't recall them ever talking about guns. Then again with my new commute, I haven't heard the BBC in almost a year.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember several years ago they had a interview with some women who did "throat singing". It was the most bizarre shit I have ever heard. Sounded like she was choking on a cock. Some one get that women some water!

And as far as Prarie Home Companion, I can't stand Dracula. I was forced to listen to that shit as child...and I am still recovering.

Throat singing
You're right, it's pretty fucking bad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I deeply resent that my tax money is being used to finance the liberal crap broadcast by NPR.

This...
Pull the Government funding - and let them stand or fall based on their merit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quite like Marketplace

I stopped listening after they had some Jackass doing commentary on why "assault" weapons were bad, and how the government shouldn't let the Clinton ban sunset. WTF did that have to do with the market?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I like NPR. I listen to it just about daily.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I USED to listen to Car Talk only on NPR but they went libtard also. Turned them off one day and haven't missed it since.

They've been ultra-left since day one, at least with the older brother, who's a professor. He went into some tirade about Geo Bush I in 1991 or so, and got so much listener hate mail about it, he toned it down for many years.

But then again, they poke fun at anybody who isn't driving a Subaru Forester or Volvo. And we all know what THAT demographic is, don't we?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top