Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
"Eat some rocks and harden the fuck up!"
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honey Bees do, what I call 'Yellow Jackets', they have a retractable stinger, BASTARDS set it on FULL-AUTO, keep injecting venom.
And they have burrs on their appendages, so they can hold on, whilst they do a venom dump into you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd guess a red wasp, but in TX, Africanized bees aren't out of the question.   If it's the later, that would be concerning!

Don't bees leave the stinger, and that little bag of venom, behind?

Honey Bees do, what I call 'Yellow Jackets', they have a retractable stinger, BASTARDS set it on FULL-AUTO, keep injecting venom.
And they have burrs on their appendages, so they can hold on, whilst they do a venom dump into you.

"Yellow jackets" are a wasp, african bees are a bee.

People use the words interchangeably, but they aren't.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was a young teen, I was helping an elderly neighbor by cutting her thick grass. As no good deed goes unpunished, I found a yellowjacket hole. Stopped counting at 22 because it was getting too difficult to distinguish between stings. Not an experience I wish to replicate.

On the other hand, I got bit by what we think was a brown recluse as a teen. Didn't feel a thing and a few days later I had a silver dollar sized lump on my leg that oozed bloody pus when you touched the skin around it. It's now a dime-sized divot.

My advice: Get an insect sprayer. Fill with gasoline. Spray inside of house. Burn it down.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm assuming you're at least over 18...you've never been stung before?  Have you ever sprang your ankle or skinned your knee?
View Quote

Sprained.

But yeah. I was wondering the same thing.  How in the blue fuck do you get to be an adult without getting stung before?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sprained.

But yeah. I was wondering the same thing.  How in the blue fuck do you get to be an adult without getting stung before?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm assuming you're at least over 18...you've never been stung before?  Have you ever sprang your ankle or skinned your knee?

Sprained.

Must not have played outside. Or was smarter than some of us.

When I was a toddler, my folks had a cow skull by the garden. One summer it had a red wasp's nest in one of the eye sockets. I was curious and poked around at it. Got stung 5 times.

I wasn't a bright kid. As soon as I was turned loose outside a few days later I was out for revenge...so I kicked the skull...

I run from red wasps now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope it wasn't the 2nd time you were stung/exposed. God gave you a free pass on the first exposure
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd guess a red wasp, but in TX, Africanized bees aren't out of the question.   If it's the later, that would be concerning!

Don't bees leave the stinger, and that little bag of venom, behind?

They shouldn't.   Yellow jackets suck, but Africanized  bees will kill your ass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]
ebola aids..your going to die..
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:21:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Brown recluse bites are PAINLESS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm...I didn't even consider that it might be a spider.

The wife put some sort of antiseptic spray on it and most of the pain has pretty much gone away unless I touch it. It feels like a burn.

That sounds brown recluse'ish.  Keep an eye on it.  Those are nasty bites and can rot a lot of flesh in the bitten area.

Brown recluse bites are PAINLESS

NO!..suicide is painless.. didn't you ever listen to the song?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Can you feel the larvae wiggling yet?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top