Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

It's like a car wreck with a body hanging out of the shattered windshield: I just can't turn away.

Do tell. Explain to us why this is a worse time to enlist than any other.

The fact that this is on page 3 today just after being posted says more than I could ever say.

If you want to enlist ,  re-enlist, or join a contracter group , go for it  amigo
but don't tell the young and stupid to do it.

Like I said,  bad time to enlist. IMO

Fact is most of the posters here will never join or never serve a day in their life, they will let others die for the "cause" a thank you is some weak shit for that in my book.

WOW talk about Contradicting yourself.

Give people shit for "just" saying Thanks, while your saying "its a bad time to enlist"

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thank you for joining the Department of the Navy.

Yeah, the men's department.

So here we have a Jarhead who says that the Marines are NOT a part of the Navy.

Misinformation about the Marine Corps-edit original post.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=442182

Semper Fi Mac

Did you read the edit in the original post?

Part of the Department of the Navy-Yes
Part of the Navy-No

I don't think there was a single page of that thread where someone didn't point out that the Department of the Navy and the actual Navy are not the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

It's like a car wreck with a body hanging out of the shattered windshield: I just can't turn away.

The fact that this is on page 3 today just after being posted says more than I could ever say.

If you want to enlist ,  re-enlist, or join a contracter group , go for it  amigo

Fact is most of the posters here will never join or never serve a day in their life, they will let others die for the "cause" a thank you is some weak shit for that in my book.

Is it hard going through life as a coward?? What is "weak" is your attitude!

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

STFU troll.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

So when is a good time to enlist? When you are pretty sure there won't be a war for you to get hurt in?

We have a military for the purpose of fighting. If you are scared of the risk of fighting, you don't belong in the military anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Forget the cowards who tell you its a bad time to enlist. Semper Fi.

USMC
Op Desert Shield
1985-1992

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

STFU troll.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

What?  Where in the heck did this come from?  Why is now a bad time to enlist?  Because the military is doing what they are trained for?  Getting paid for?  And me thinks you should read the boards here a little more before you go off on a tangent about how many have never/will never, blah, blah, blah.
You sound like one of those folks that were surprised when they got told they were actually going to have to fight  while in the military.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is wrong with ROTC?  Have you looked at that?

I'm wierd and I want to go to basic, dont want to take the easy way out

Thats a slap in the face to all of us who are in ROTC. You don't know what you are talking about.

It was a joke, I fully respect all those in ROTC, its just not for me

Thanks for volunteering.  Listen, do what you are told, operate your ears 99% more than your mouth and you will be fine.  Welcome aboard future Marine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the Gun Club.  I hope that you make it and become a worthy Marine and excellent NCO over your career.  As far as the rumors that this is a bad time to join.  Hell . . . it's open season right now.  This is what we train for!  

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
For ten years of my career, we sang about "Going all the way to Baghdad in just one day".  Nowadays, you won't have to wait a decade before all that training and preparation finally pays off.

A bad time to enlist?  When would be a good time?  When there is no chance of going in harms way?  The Corps is a band of warriors, not a daycare for social parasites.

People sleep soundly in their beds at night, because rough men are willling to do violence on their behalf.  If you are not willing to do so, then you are most certainly not welcome.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, I fogot to add a big THANK YOU for stepping forward.   So good luck on you military career.  

We have three serving.  Two in the Air Force and one in the 82nd Airborne.  When they all started joining, my wife was a wreck  I told here, that we always honor those, who in the past, came forward and because of them we are free.  Now our sons are stepping forward to join those whom we honor so much.   It is something to be proud about.  Lots of worry too, but also lots to be proud about.  Now if I can just get the youngest to stop injuring himself everytime he jumps out of a plane.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

You have no idea what you are talking about, dude.

The abject stupidity and ignorance of that last post is
absolutely stunning.

I said "thank you" because the "cause" is the defense of the Republic.
Sorry if you don't think it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to see another Devildog in the making. THANKS...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

i2.tinypic.com/qoa6tg.jpg

Gawd, you have no clue, do you? I'm fighting tooth and nail for the priviledge of leading guys like Mikhail.  So FOAD.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack bro. Guess it's too late if you've aleady signed, but PLC(OCS) isn't a walk in the park either and you should definitely think about it after you get your degree.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
OUTSTANDING!!  Good Luck!  If you end up in Infantry School (really the only job in the Marines is Infantry), try out for Recon. at the end.  Oh, I highly recomend reading the book "One Bullet Away" by Captain Nathaniel Fick.  I think it's great you're going in, please give us regular updates whenever you can.  Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Are Marine Officer Candidates still required to kill a member of their family to become Marines???
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GawdGod, you have no clue, do you? I'm fighting tooth and nail for the priviledgeprivilege of leading guys like Mikhail.  So FOAD.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack bro. Guess it's too late if you've aleady signed, but PLC(OCS) isn't a walk in the park either and you should definitely think about it after you get your degree.

Ossifers are expected to know how to spell
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GawdGod, you have no clue, do you? I'm fighting tooth and nail for the priviledgeprivilege of leading guys like Mikhail.  So FOAD.

Ossifers are expected to know how to spell

And now you see why I'm fighting for it. Gawd is slang, privilege...I have no excuse.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

By the way, thank you for deciding to enlist Mikhail, and thank you to all who currently serve in all the services.  I don't think I can ever say that enough.

Pride in your country and respect for everyone who serves that country is not weak shit in any book.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Good luck.

Make the best of it.

Thank you for serving your country.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are Marine Officer Candidates still required to kill a member of their family to become Marines???

I believe, according to Iraqis, I'm going to be required to kill and eat my mother... tasty
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank You Young Man. I spent my adult life in service to our country. Eleven years USMC active duty and 10 years Ohio Army National Guard.

My God, now is the exact time to join (and no, they won't let me come back from the retired list, MOS isn't "critical". I have tried.).

Keep your knife sharp, your powder dry and your ass safe.

Keep MY Marine Corps proud young man.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ROTC will not save you from Marine basic training.  My neighbor ahd a 40 year old brother who was a Warrant Officer inthe Navy.  The Navy was dropping his specialty buth e MArines were not so he trandferred to the Marines and wentthrough boot camp at age 40.  He thought it funny that the DI's would yell and scream at him and finish every tirade with a nice and proper "SIR!" as he outranked them.

Everybody who joins the Marines goes though boot camp. Any Marines here who would have respected an officer who hadn't proved himself worthy to be called a Marine first?

Officers go to Quantico, Enlisted men go to San Diego or Paris Island.
Becoming a USMC officer is no walk in the park, no matter what way you take it.
Your recruiter just wanted to fill his quota.

My understanding is that officers, after OCS (13? weeks), go to The Basic School, which is an additional 6 mos.  Which one is tougher now
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Welcome to the Gun Club.  I hope that you make it and become a worthy Marine and excellent NCO over your career.  As far as the rumors that this is a bad time to join.  Hell . . . it's open season right now.  This is what we train for!  

Semper Fi

+1,000,000............Good Luck!.....The Marine Corps changed my life.....it will change yours too.....

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I got all my MEPS tests done and my new ASVAB. 96 on ASVAB and passed everything else fine. My MOS is machine gunner and I am shipping out to Paris Island on May 30th.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I got all my MEPS tests done and my new ASVAB. 96 on ASVAB and passed everything else fine. My MOS is machine gunner and I am shipping out to Paris Island on May 30th.  

congrats.  good luck on the island
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

congrats.  good luck on the island

Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Go with god
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome . Your gonna think it teh suxors when your doing pushups in the mud. But when all is said and done it will be the best time of your life. Dont listen to the bullshit. If you feel this in your heart you will love it after basic. Congrats for having the balls to become a real warrior.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is wrong with ROTC?  Have you looked at that?

I'm wierd and I want to go to basic, dont want to take the easy way out

Thats a slap in the face to all of us who are in ROTC. You don't know what you are talking about.

Do you?

What's your military background?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#32]
This will make boring ass civilian life seem fun again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Too bad you couldnt go to San Diego MCRD, where you get the tougher and better training
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ROTC will not save you from Marine basic training.  My neighbor ahd a 40 year old brother who was a Warrant Officer inthe Navy.  The Navy was dropping his specialty buth e MArines were not so he trandferred to the Marines and wentthrough boot camp at age 40.  He thought it funny that the DI's would yell and scream at him and finish every tirade with a nice and proper "SIR!" as he outranked them.

Everybody who joins the Marines goes though boot camp. Any Marines here who would have respected an officer who hadn't proved himself worthy to be called a Marine first?

Officers go to Quantico, Enlisted men go to San Diego or Paris Island.
Becoming a USMC officer is no walk in the park, no matter what way you take it.
Your recruiter just wanted to fill his quota.

My understanding is that officers, after OCS (13? weeks), go to The Basic School, which is an additional 6 mos.  Which one is tougher now

Consider this:  If he should desire to become an O, he will have to go through that anyway.  So, add your math to a few years of enlisted service and at  least combat tour as a Joe.  Comprende?

Many of us resent the idea that a college boy is "too good" to enlist.  Too many people are focused on "what's in it for me" instead of "how can I best serve my country long term"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

It's the absolute PERFECT time to enlist.
As a machinegunner, he will be doing an awful lot of machinegunning.
What more could a man ask?

Well, I'm sure that YOU could ask for a set of balls.  
Good luck with that whole mewling coward thing.
I hope that works out for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad time to enlist IMO

It's the absolute PERFECT time to enlist.
As a machinegunner, he will be doing an awful lot of machinegunning.
What more could a man ask?

Well, I'm sure that YOU could ask for a set of balls.  
Good luck with that whole mewling coward thing.
I hope that works out for you.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad you couldnt go to San Diego MCRD, where you get the tougher and better training

Hollywood Marines     ppfffft... Don't get me started...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Goodluck with the sand fleas in the South Carolina summer!........Shooter beat me to the Hollywood Marines comment....
j/k Adair
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#39]
So you're shipping out on May 30? Best of luck to you! You should be fine. Just stay motivated (which can be a little hard sometimes), and sound off till your voice is gone. The Drill Instructors love that shit when you sound off LOUDLY!!!! Oh, have fun standing in formation at attention while sand fleas crawl into every orifice of your face! All kidding aside...congratulations on your decision. You won't regret it. Let us know how it turns out!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top